Because Biden

nitflegal

1 minute ago, DKTanker said:

He explained it to make himself feel better and apparently you as well.  A crime has been committed, the alleged criminal has allegedly come clean.  Problem is first he denied knowing anything about the stolen classified goods hidden in a barely secure area.  Then it turns out there was even more in an garage owned by his drug addicted playboy son who hob knobs with industrial and political leaders raking in money in exchange for access.  Then it turns out more was found in yet a third location.  One time is maybe a mistake.  Twice is maybe a coincidence.  Three times is absolutely a pattern, a pattern that demands investigation.

And it is being investigated.  They appointed a special counsel today (as closely as you're surely following this I'm surprised you missed that).

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, sunday said:

SJWs always project, another data point.

First off, I thought you had me on ignore?

Second, like... really?  The one projecting here is Murph.  He's spouting this nonsensical gibberish on a situation that is easily explained if one takes just a few minutes of reading up the basics on it (and even better, someone did that for him... and he still misses it).  Pointing out how ridiculous it is that he keeps spouting this BS is me projecting?  That's rich.  🙄

1 hour ago, Skywalkre said:

And it is being investigated.  They appointed a special counsel today (as closely as you're surely following this I'm surprised you missed that).

Today, fully two months after the original crime was found to have been committed and three weeks after the second batch of stolen materials was found.  Likely as not a special counsel was appointed because Merrick Garland fears impeachment for his part in the coverup, but more importantly, to continue the coverup because now he can instruct the SC not to share evidence with House oversight and select committees.

All of this probably doesn't bother you, tribalism and all that, but it should.  This wasn't merely a few paper napkins kept at a SCIF, and Mar-a-Lago is a SCIF, these were Top Secret documents marked up SCIF which were secreted away from established Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility.  One such document was even hidden within a folder marked "Personal" Beau Funeral Arrangements.

9 hours ago, DB said:

Arguably waiting until they'd milked Trump's breaches for as much as they were worth. (And that's perilously close to an image I never want to think about, but now you all are.)

Your hypothesis is, as y'all say, pants.

19 hours ago, Harold Jones said:

At some point in the saga, the Government was provided with a tip that said classified documents were present at the former president's home in boxes stored in an unsecured area. So at least according to their side of the story they used the search warrant and raid as a last ditch effort to protect the classified information.  

Didn't they know that all the time? Because they had been there before, inspected the storage room, asked for and got additional security? 

2 hours ago, Markus Becker said:

Didn't they know that all the time? Because they had been there before, inspected the storage room, asked for and got additional security? 

And inventoried.  The National Archives knew what was there, to include the classified paper napkin upon which Trump had written about Chinese "nuclear secrets" from when he visited China.

15 hours ago, Skywalkre said:

Harold Jones has already explained, twice, why this isn't necessary.  Do you have him on ignore or do you just prefer to live in fantasy land to keep pushing the narrative you want to believe?

I live in the real world where the DOJ only attacks conservatives and the FBI is a criminal street gang.  I love Harold but I disagree with him in this particular instance.  You appear to be living in leftist fantasy land, go watch the View for people who agree with your viewpoint.

16 hours ago, DKTanker said:

First of all, there is absolutely no similarity between Trump and Biden in this matter.  In the first instance with Trump there were exactly zero hidden documents to be suddenly found.  Every single document and paper napkin with hand written notes recovered at Mar a Lago was always known to be there by the national archives.   This is in stark contrast with the documents stolen by Team Biden and sequestered between at least two separate locations.  Second, it is not debatable that Trump had the authority to declassify any document he so desired.  Were the proper procedures followed?  I don't know, and that is certainly a point of contention.  Contrast that with the documents stolen by Biden, documents which he never had the authority to secretly remove and certainly never had the authority to declassify.  Point four, unlike classified documents that were knowingly stored in Mar a Lago in a secure room with all manner of security devices and cameras, not to mention a Secret Service presence and surveillance, the documents in Biden's possession were merely behind otherwise unsecured locked doors and in one case, a garage door.

My take on this entire sordid episode.  This would never have gone public except A.)Biden is insisting he will run for reelection B.)The Speaker of The House of Representatives has been pulled away from his Left centrist position and has agreed that a select committee be established to investigate the investigators. They were going to find out about DOJs coverup from November so best to air the dirty launder now.  Though I suspect they didn't realize that there was more than one cache of stolen documents.

Saner heads in the Democratic Party have no doubt found the answer to their prayers, use this obvious impeachable offense to leverage Biden into agreeing to resign.

+1000 Absolutely correct, the Biden Crime Family strikes again.  I wonder what China paid to get access to these documents?

14 hours ago, Skywalkre said:

A special counsel who is part of the Deep State and was supported by non other than Rod "Spygate" Rosenstein of the FBI/DOJ deep state.  This guy was appointed for the cover up.  They need to get an honorable attorney outside of the government who has NO contacts at the FBI/DOJ in order to make it a real honest investigation.

15 hours ago, Skywalkre said:

There's already a history of the Democrat Establishment Protecting it's own and ignoring a categorical offense that would land you or I or any other normal person in federal prison. Why are you ignoring that? The garbage I saw at Lockheed Martin wasn't collected by two armed security guards because it was stuff you could casually take home and store in a cardboard box in your son's garage next to your corvette. 

5 hours ago, DKTanker said:

And inventoried.  The National Archives knew what was there, to include the classified paper napkin upon which Trump had written about Chinese "nuclear secrets" from when he visited China.

Weren't the National Archives and Team Trump fighting this out in court already when the raid was done? 

On 1/12/2023 at 9:41 AM, Harold Jones said:

Biden didn't get raided because as soon as his people 'discovered*' the classified documents they reported the find and turned over the documents. 

Contrast this with the Trump camp's 1+ year of obfuscation and delay as they first claimed we don't have any classified documents, then it moved to well if we do they are the personal property of the president, then it was well ok if we had them they were magically declassified by the president's verbal claim that he had done a blanket declassification.  At some point in the saga, the Government was provided with a tip that said classified documents were present at the former president's home in boxes stored in an unsecured area. So at least according to their side of the story they used the search warrant and raid as a last ditch effort to protect the classified information.  

There are "Truths" that look bad for both Biden and Trump. Each side will play up their "Truths" that look bad for the other side.

For Team Biden:

His side appears to have been more cooperative with the feds. They voluntarily gave documents back. 

For Team Trump:

Biden had these documents for Six years after he was V.P. Trump has had his documents for a little less than Two years after he was out of office.

Trump's documents appear to have been in a more secure location, than Biden's . Biden reportedly stored documents in his garage. Where Hunter Biden had access to them.

According to the hard core Mega MAGA TRUMERS Hunter Biden could have sold the contents of the documents  to Russia, China, North Korea, the British royal family, the Illuminati, the radical wing of the moose lodge  or....... Satan. Or all of the above. 

Each side will say the documents the other side had were much more sensitive and dangerous to the Republic.

Team Biden's narrative will be pushed by: The New York Times, The Washington Post, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR and CNN.

Team Trump's narrative will be pushed by: The New York Post, The Washington Times and Fox news.

The New York Post will also have stories that the "Biden Papers" have information that space aliens with and LBJ and Elvis were responsible for the JFK & RFK   & MLK assassinations. Also Hunter Biden sold this information to the Saudi Royal family for a pound of cocaine and a hooker to be named latter. 

25 % of the population will only listen to Team Biden's narrative.

25 % of the population will only listen to Team Trump's  narrative.

25 % of the population will more concerned with a former child star's latest song release and be totally unaware of either Trump or Biden having  sensitive documents.

Vice President Harris( remember her?) and Governor DeSantis are thoroughly enjoying the spectacle. 

In the end I believe that the disclosure of Biden also having sensitive documents will make any prosecution of Trump much more difficult politically. 

Edited by 17thfabn

Why the overwhelming desire to compare Biden's actions with Trump's?  Why not compare what would happen to you or me if we stole Top Secret documents and hid them away in our house or property?  Should there really be forgiveness and immunity from prosecution if we get a case of the guilts and come clean about our crimes?

Could Julius and Ethel Rosenberg have escaped prosecution and eventual execution if they had simply and fully cooperated with investigators?  Maybe, maybe not.  David Greenglass, Ethel's brother still spent nearly 10 years in prison after testifying against his sister and her husband Julius.

Edited by DKTanker

1 minute ago, DKTanker said:

Why the overwhelming desire to compare Biden's actions with Trump's?  Why not compare what would happen to you or me if we stole Top Secret documents and hid them away in our house or property?  Should there really be forgiveness and immunity from prosecution if we get a case of the guilts and come clean about our crimes?

Could Julius and Ethel Rosenberg have escaped prosecution and eventual execution if they had simply and fully cooperated with investigators?  Maybe, maybe not.  David Greenglass, Ethel's brother still spent nearly 10 years in prison after testifying against his sister and her husband Julius.

+1000   

1 hour ago, DKTanker said:

Why the overwhelming desire to compare Biden's actions with Trump's? 

Because it is human nature to compare the treatment of two similar cases.

3 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

Because it is human nature to compare the treatment of two similar cases.

The only similarity they have is the involvement of classified documents.  They're similar the same way the execution of Ted Bundy is similar to any one of the deaths of the young women he murdered, the end of human life.

10 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

The only similarity they have is the involvement of classified documents.  They're similar the same way the execution of Ted Bundy is similar to any one of the deaths of the young women he murdered, the end of human life.

Political pundits, Democrat and Republican will disagree with you as they argue that what the other side did was much worse and what  their guy did was no big deal. 

It is already happening. On the network news they are saying Biden's actions are no big deal.

On conservative talk radio they are coming to Trump's defense, and attacking Biden.

My original post was in response to Harold Jones who was "somewhat" defending Biden. 

You are defending Trump.

You don't get to wave a magic wand and say my guy good other guy bad. 

Edited by 17thfabn

"You don't get to wave a magic wand and say my guy good other guy bad. "

A police officer has the power to do something that another regular person cannot do. I can't pull someone over for speeding. 

Here difference is that the President has declassification authority. He has a power to have classified documents and can declassify them. Did Biden have that authority as VP? So, no magic wand is needed here. It's a question of legal authority. 

7 minutes ago, rmgill said:

"You don't get to wave a magic wand and say my guy good other guy bad. "
Here difference is that the President has declassification authority. He has a power to have classified documents and can declassify them. Did Biden have that authority as VP? So, no magic wand is needed here. It's a question of legal authority. 

And people are debating whether Trump had that authority, and if he did, did he go through the proper channels / steps.

Edited by 17thfabn

Quite a different thing to have to assert that he did not when he had it down to handwaving levels of authority vs someone who never had the authority in the first place. You'd probably have to prove that the process was NOT followed in order to properly make a case. Innocent until proven guilty remember?

Edited by rmgill

7 hours ago, Murph said:

Biden as VP had NO, REPEAT NO, declassification authority, Trump did.  BIG difference.  

But did Trump actually spend the time reading and declassifying each and every document and notifying National Archives and everyone else who needed to know that that they were declassified?  The man can barely read and write a complex sentence.

Remember when he suggested that Covid sufferers drink bleach?  That is the level of the so called intellect of that man. 

Edited by DougRichards
syntax (and that isn't what the IRS charges sex workers)

2 hours ago, DougRichards said:

Remember when he suggested that Covid sufferers drink bleach?  That is the level of the so called intellect of that man. 

No. Why do you?

Fact-check: Did Trump tell people to drink bleach to kill the coronavirus?

Jessica Calefati  |  PolitiFact.com

This piece was originally published on PolitiFact.com on June 11, 2020

Joe Biden: On COVID-19, Donald Trump said that “maybe if you drank bleach you may be okay.”

PolitiFact’s ruling: Mostly False.

Sources

C-SPAN, "President Trump with Coronavirus Task Force Briefing," April 23, 2020

PolitiFact, "In Context: What Donald Trump said about disinfectant, sun and coronavirus," April 24, 2020

RB, "Improper use of Disinfectants," April 2020

Rev, "Donald Trump Coronavirus Press Conference Transcript April 23," April 23, 2020

TV Eyes, accessed April 24, 2020