nitflegal

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, rmgill said:

Willie Brown Admits to dating Harris AND admits to having helped her get her appointments. I'm pretty sure I've seen older articles of Harris admitting the same more or less. They beat around the bush some but one cannot escape that fact that the SF news papers NOTED that they were a couple.

I have read assertions that the upshot was more than just getting a job for which Harris was possibly underqualified. The assertions (which would require a deep knowledge of Bay Area politics to confirm or deny) are that being part of Brown's political machine gave her a "get out of jail free" card with local/state law enforcement and possibly the state bar association.

I recall the Democratic pearl-clutching in 1980 over the fact that Ronald Reagan had gotten a divorce. Nota bene, the divorce was filed by his wife, not him. Things sure have changed.

No he didn't, on the few times he was asked about packing the USSC, he completely dodged the question. Just like fracking, anyone with a brain knew he was lying though his dentures.

Biden starts staffing a commission on Supreme Court reform

He pushed the idea as a candidate during the Amy Coney Barrett confirmation fight. Now, he’s getting it going.

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

No he didn't, on the few times he was asked about packing the USSC, he completely dodged the question. Just like fracking, anyone with a brain knew he was lying though his dentures.

You know, it sure would be nice if Captain Unity wasn't breaking speed records to do the exact things that Conservatives were widely ridiculed for suggesting that he might do.

6 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

You're assuming Harris isn't going to send Biden to Dallas.

Interesting....

The last time a U.S. president that was a Roman Catholic had a vice president that was a Baptist something happened about 2 years and ten months into his term!

With President Biden I would expect him to catch one of those Kremlin Colds.

51 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

The last time a U.S. president that was a Roman Catholic had a vice president that was a Baptist something happened about 2 years and ten months into his term!

Keep in mind though that JFK was most likely assassinated for being too anti-Communist. That's not what's going to drive an American ex-pat Marxist to do the deed this time. 

With President Biden I would expect him to catch one of those Kremlin Colds.

Ya know, since Biden went straight from accepting 30 talents from the Russians (via Ukraine, of course) to jumping into bed and biting the pillow for the Chinese, the Russians may feel rather jilted. One day, Joe's morning tea/coffee may be kinda fluorescent...

31 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

Keep in mind though that JFK was most likely assassinated for being too anti-Communist. That's not what's going to drive an American ex-pat Marxist to do the deed this time. 

Wikipedia lists 14 conspiracy theories for President Kennedy's murder. Of course those are just the tip of the iceberg .  Former prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi estimated there are 42 different conspiracy theories. 

I believe the simply answer, Oswald did it because he was a nut case loser. 

12 hours ago, sunday said:

Harris sure had a peculiar way for dealing with one corrupt politician in California. Could be qualified as "going after", even.

That's fair, but I would argue that it is also politically manageable given competent PR work, as long as she decides to fully own it.

I did it not to get ahead, but so that I would not be left behind, etc.

12 hours ago, sunday said:

However, considering the blue tint of such notorious havens of crime as Chicago, Cleveland, Baltimore, DC, etc., even the FBI, I daresay she took Casablanca's captain Louis Renault as her model of law enforcement.

Welcome to the Hotel California.

6 hours ago, rmgill said:

Conjuring up imagery of Pelosi, THAT is cruel. 

Welcome to my personal hell. Muhahahaha! :)

10 hours ago, 17thfabn said:

Wikipedia lists 14 conspiracy theories for President Kennedy's murder. Of course those are just the tip of the iceberg .  Former prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi estimated there are 42 different conspiracy theories. 

I believe the simply answer, Oswald did it because he was a nut case loser. 

One that seldom gets mentioned, Oswald was a BIG fan of the Frank Sinatra Film 'Suddenly', where a group of assassins hide up in the town that gives the film its name, to prepare to assassinate the President when he arrives.

It suggests to me Oswald was looking for a President to kill. Oh, he  did have some grievences, but if it hadnt been him, it would probably have been another one.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:17 AM, Stefan Fredriksson said:

I think I should clarify. Except for being disfavorable against the last US president, I am not particularly favorable towards D. My comment was a cumulative personal reaction against the comments (against any woman) based on her weight, skin-color, extra-marital affairs and whatnot. If they are incompetent, I dont care if that is pointed out, it should be pointed out. Would I be annoyed if an R woman was called "willing cum-dumpster" because of extra marital affairs? I hope so. But I have not seen it yet in the topics I follow. I just want the posting in here to be a little better than "out there", and I am probably way too naive for today's political climate.

I have appologized to Michael in private, and will do it here to.

The treatment of Sarah Palin and her family by a certain section of the political glitterati seems to have passed you by?

The weapons used against male and female politicians tend to be different, because they are rooted in the premise that role stereotypes are different and thus attacking people for their non-adherence to those stereotypes is expected to be more successful.

A different example - is throwing bananas onto a football (soccer) pitch to upset a black player simply racism, or is it a deliberate, directed attack on the man's reaction to racism? One is irrational racial hatred, the other is an unprincipled attack with a different motive (a form of sledging). Does the intent make any difference to the method? That sounds like the ends justifying the mean to me.

Anyway, people attack Harris using the weapons they can fit into a tweet, the modern media equivalent to the soundbite. This mechanism does not lend itself to a long, carefully argued litany of concerns about performance.

20 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

I was going to say, after 21 pages in as much days, why a mere 208 after four years? Given that the Trump thread replaced a defunct one seven months into the presidency, it pretty much kept the clip of one page per day throughout the term. 😉

My math's definitely off :D

/R

The Biden thread page count will be proportional to his Executive Order's iterative processing. 

Something something dictators and executive orders. Or what ever Joe said...

As it stands, we're behind by almost 10 pages. 

Edited by rmgill

10 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Welcome to my personal hell. Muhahahaha! :)

One that seldom gets mentioned, Oswald was a BIG fan of the Frank Sinatra Film 'Suddenly', where a group of assassins hide up in the town that gives the film its name, to prepare to assassinate the President when he arrives.

It suggests to me Oswald was looking for a President to kill. Oh, he  did have some grievences, but if it hadnt been him, it would probably have been another one.

Before Oswald killed President Kennedy he attempted to kill retired Army Major General Walker a strident anti communist . 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/before-jfk-lee-harvey-oswald-tried-to-kill-an-army-major-general-609517/

It is possible Oswald wanted to kill a major figure for his own twisted reasons. 

8 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

Before Oswald killed President Kennedy he attempted to kill retired Army Major General Walker a strident anti communist . 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/before-jfk-lee-harvey-oswald-tried-to-kill-an-army-major-general-609517/

It is possible Oswald wanted to kill a major figure for his own twisted reasons. 

I think so. He was an insignificant ,ineffectual figure, desperate to reinforce his own self esteem. He had tried his entire life, and failed.

It was his last shot, pardon the phrase.

3 hours ago, rmgill said:

The Biden thread page count will be proportional to his Executive Order's iterative processing. 

Something something dictators and executive orders. Or what ever Joe said...

As it stands, we're behind by almost 10 pages. 

I'll help if I can.

Joe Biden wears women's underwear. Discuss.

President Biden signed an executive order allowing trans genders to serve in the military:

https://www.npr.org/sections/president-biden-takes-office/2021/01/25/960338217/biden-repeals-trump-era-ban-on-transgender-soldiers

In the text of the order, Biden adds: "It is my conviction as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces that gender identity should not be a bar to military service. Moreover, there is substantial evidence that allowing transgender individuals to serve in the military does not have any meaningful negative impact on the Armed Forces."

I wonder what his "substantial evidence is"? Is he talking about post surgical people? I don't want to get into any of the details you can look it up yourself. I have been told by medical people that there is a high complication rate for this type of surgery. How deployable would a marine be after he or she gets this type of surgery?

Is the U.S. tax payer on the hook to pay for the surgery of an navy sailor that decides they want to change genders?

Edited by 17thfabn

5 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

President Biden signed an executive order allowing trans genders to serve in the military:

https://www.npr.org/sections/president-biden-takes-office/2021/01/25/960338217/biden-repeals-trump-era-ban-on-transgender-soldiers

In the text of the order, Biden adds: "It is my conviction as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces that gender identity should not be a bar to military service. Moreover, there is substantial evidence that allowing transgender individuals to serve in the military does not have any meaningful negative impact on the Armed Forces."

I wonder what his "substantial evidence is"? Is he talking about post surgical people? I don't want to get into any of the details you can look it up yourself. I have been told by medical people that there is a high complication rate for this type of surgery. How deployable would a marine be after he or she gets this type of surgery?

I don't see the problem. If we could deploy Douglas Bader with no legs, and Israel could deploy Moshe Dayan with only one eye...

Well, you get the point....

Besides, if you can't trust the military to judge individual fitness to deploy, they have a greater problem than just transexuals.

9 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I'll help if I can.

Joe Biden wears women's underwear. Discuss.

What, there's not a Russia connection to be uncovered? No Hookers? 

8 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

Is the U.S. tax payer on the hook to pay for the surgery of an navy sailor that decides they want to change genders?

Lets see. 
"artificial vaginal expander" I'm sure that's something you want to be exercising while deployed. 
And hormone treatments for ever. That's something that you definitely need to be worrying about when deployed. 
What do they test as for PT requirements? Men? Women? 

5 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I don't see the problem. If we could deploy Douglas Bader with no legs, and Israel could deploy Moshe Dayan with only one eye...

Well, you get the point....

A benchmark is required medication. If you require medication on an ongoing basis that will effect your performance...that makes you non deployable and usually a target for medical discharge. 

Transgenders by their very nature are dependent upon hormones which are medication. Then there's the effects that cause mood swings. 

5 minutes ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Besides, if you can't trust the military to judge individual fitness to deploy, they have a greater problem than just transexuals.

Which is why the president has to make an EO mandating that it be allowed. 

13 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

In my own limited experience with such patients, they are on a ton of medication and overly prone to suicide. How surgeons can justify mutilating people who really need psychiatric care is beyond me, but all sorts of things are beyond my ken these days. I see no advantage to allowing them to serve in the military, except as a huge example of virtue signaling.