Because Biden

nitflegal

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Note that Thomas Piketty already demonstrated in 2013 that in the US the disparities of wealth and income exceeded that of France on the eve of the revolution. Yes. Yes, I think they are in a panic that all hell could break lose in the US at any moment, but they are just as afraid of losing their sweet income from milking the public cow by stopping the music just yet.

Piketty is highly LOL in his studies of disparity - of which there's plenty becaus the richer are richer than ever before but that doesn't mean the poorer are the poorest ever, just that their wealth hasn't increased at the same rate.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

Piketty is highly LOL in his studies of disparity - of which there's plenty becaus the richer are richer than ever before but that doesn't mean the poorer are the poorest ever, just that their wealth hasn't increased at the same rate.

Agree - once most of the population achieves a minimum standard of life, wealth disparity ceases to be all that important, and other factors influence quality of life, like lack of access to recreational drugs, to grow up in a functional family, to have good role models, etc.

1 minute ago, sunday said:

wealth disparity ceases to be all that important, and other factors influence quality of life, like lack of access to recreational drugs, to grow up in a functional family, to have good role models, etc.

Not fundamentally disputing this but when 30% of the US propulation have trouble dealing with an unforeseen expenditure of $400.- , don't you see a problem there?

1 minute ago, Ssnake said:

Not fundamentally disputing this but when 30% of the US propulation have trouble dealing with an unforeseen expenditure of $400.- , don't you see a problem there?

There could be more factors affecting this, apart from income inequality. Like trying to live beyond one's means.

15 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

...how about not at all since the 1960s, if you adjust for inflation:Money_excerpt_1965-2007.thumb.gif.c4a702361b77de3cfb0b37cf453a2bd7.gif

And yet, the workers don't assault the CEO's Bastille, mainly because those workers don't work for that CEO. Such comparisons are skewed by a globalised economy, where the CEO's responsibility span is bigger than it was in 1965 - but I do agree they make a lot! I want to make the same, not to have them make less :D

3 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

You mean, like the Irish around 1847?

Where in the Western world do you see people living like the Irish in 1847? Minimum living standards are pretty standard for everyone: food, clothing, health, their price may be different but these are achieved all throughout the Western World, which is why confinements may be put in place here and fail in the Third World, where people still needs to go out to get the food on a daily basis.

5 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

You mean, like the Irish around 1847?

I do not know, Are the politicos and the upper classes engaging in lower classes' genocide because of religious differences ?

17 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

And yet, the workers don't assault the CEO's Bastille, mainly because those workers don't work for that CEO.

No, they voted Trump in 2016.

17 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

Where in the Western world do you see people living like the Irish in 1847?

The cynical argument that the Irish couldn't handle money and were living beyond their means was brought forward during the Irish famine as well.

When some people can't handle an emergency expense of $400, that's bad handling of money. When it's a third of the population of the richest nation on Earth, it's something else.

5 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

When it's a third of the population of the richest nation on Earth, it's something else.

Same percentage that voted for Biden? Yes, that is an education problem.

2 hours ago, sunday said:

I do not know, Are the politicos and the upper classes engaging in lower classes' genocide because of religious differences ?

You know, you really are going to have to do some basic research into the Irish famine one of these days, and stop repeating these basic tropes.

Look, ive even made it easy for you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0003rj1

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I am amazed on how well many of the non-U.S. posters are extremely accurate on the every day money, er, uhh, lack of responsibility problems large numbers of the U.S. population have. Sunday's post recent post is right on. 

14 hours ago, nitflegal said:

What the Hell explains this?  

30,000 troops and they are asking for more

56th Striker Brigade Combat Team

229th Brigade

160th Engineer Company

261st Theater Tactical Signal Brigade

198th Expeditionary Signal Battalion

262nd Repair Company

177th Fighter Wing armed for Air to air combat, apparently with live ordnance

105th Airlift Wing

174th Attack Wing with drones

166th Security Forces Squadron

I guess these units can now be given the honorific title "Bidens Old Guard" from now on? 😃

1 minute ago, TonyE said:

I guess these units can now be given the honorific title "Bidens Old Guard" from now on? 😃

You are aware that Biden is not Commander in Chief as of now, are not you?

6 minutes ago, sunday said:

You are aware that Biden is not Commander in Chief as of now, are not you?

Much yes, is aware. But as much as i do not like it (Team Trump since august'15), most likely he will be on wednesday.

15 hours ago, nitflegal said:

In all seriousness, can anyone explain the logic of the deployment to DC?  Is this a message to the rest of the country that Biden will use troops in overwhelming force against the right?  Is this a show of force to cow the opposition? Are they legitimately afraid of an invasion from a foreign power?  Are they that terrified of an insurrection?  Is it just that Congress got a whiff of the French revolution and are in a blind panic? The capitol was invaded by a couple hundred people armed with stupidity and clubs at most.  What the Hell explains this?  

30,000 troops and they are asking for more

56th Striker Brigade Combat Team

229th Brigade

160th Engineer Company

261st Theater Tactical Signal Brigade

198th Expeditionary Signal Battalion

262nd Repair Company

177th Fighter Wing armed for Air to air combat, apparently with live ordnance

105th Airlift Wing

174th Attack Wing with drones

166th Security Forces Squadron

We only have 5,500 troops in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.  where we are fighting three active insurgencies.  Never mind all the conspiracies in my head, if we could be a fly on the wall with the Biden transition team what the heck are they trying to do here?

Reminds me of when the 1st Infantry Regiment, 31st Infantry Regiment, 32nd Infantry Regiment, 1st Artillery Regiment, and 1st Armored Battalion of the 1st Division of the JGSDF Eastern Army secured Tokyo following incidents that were deemed beyond the capability of the police force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Bg4SQvhXU

As for serious possible reason, a show to of force to match the importance to the Capital building. It all looks like WWF. The whole thing. Is it supposed to? That's all I got. Near speechless really. Don't know how to explain it. Yeah.

5 hours ago, RETAC21 said:

Yes, and there are big disparities between different groups of people labeled as poor. Some "poor" own a used car, have central heat/air/plumbing, broadband Internet, smartphone, etc. There are some truly poor folks who lack what the rest of us consider the basics, however they aren't that visible unless you know where to look. Which means useful stats probably aren't available.

Of course, moral posturing and economic activism is the domain of the offspring of the leisure class. Real poor people are too busy making ends meet.