Because Biden

nitflegal

2 minutes ago, lucklucky said:

Well it is true isn't it? If the other side takes the power you achieved it can uses it and extend even more.

The problem for the right is that they have to create, build things to not be dependent on the left and the majority that goes with the flow. But the output is quite small.

The problem is they will do the exact same thing whether they have a foundation or not. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You only exist if you create something.

Let me give an example: Asmara a city in Eritrea was recently in 2017 declared UNESCO city to be preserved. Why? because Italian colonials build several buildings there that are seen as valuable. So you have a culture that spends what a couple decades there and it is the only thing to be preserved from last +10000 years.

If the cultural space of the right do not produce anything like schools, TV series, cinema, universities, newspapers, engineering/software then it will cease to exist.

Edited by lucklucky

In what some consider one of the most far-reaching social policy moves in the corporate world, the National Association of Realtors, called the nation’s largest trade organization, has revised its professional ethics code to ban ‘hate speech and harassing speech’ by its 1.4 million members. . . . Mary Wagner, a Buffalo real estate agent who is white and lesbian, says the move, announced in November, fits her vision for creating a fairer society. She predicts thousands of complaints this year, given the realtor association’s enormous size and the overheated climate of social media.

NAR’s decision, allowing any member of the public to file a complaint, has alarmed other real estate agents, and also some legal and ethics experts, who say the hate speech ban’s vagueness is an invitation to censor controversial political opinions, especially on race and gender. While that’s not the association’s stated intention, the skeptics say their fears are justified by the hyperactive “cancel culture” online that has jettisoned hapless workers for posting “all lives matter” and objecting to gay marriage.

“The dam has broken and other organizations will look at this,” predicted Robert Föehl, a professor of business ethics and business law at Ohio University.

“If this is good for real estate agents, why not attorneys, why not doctors?” Föehl said. “They’re going to be pressured to do what NAR has done. And that pressure is going to be very real, because what organization wants to argue they should allow hate speech by their members?”

NAR’s decision, allowing any member of the public to file a complaint, has alarmed other real estate agents, and also some legal and ethics experts, who say the hate speech ban’s vagueness is an invitation to censor controversial political opinions, especially on race and gender. While that’s not the association’s stated intention, the skeptics say their fears are justified by the hyperactive “cancel culture” online that has jettisoned hapless workers for posting “all lives matter” and objecting to gay marriage.

“It is taking something that’s been happening on a kind-of informal and occasional basis – indeed, people do sometimes end up losing jobs because of their political expression – and shifting it to something that’s institutionalized, that’s bureaucratized, and that’s being enforced through quasi-legal tribunals,” said Eugene Volokh, a UCLA law professor who specializes in the First Amendment.

Volokh said such policies pose significant risks for abuse, and should be assessed not for their good intentions but for their potential to misfire.

Eugene Volokh, UCLA School of Law: “What we’re talking about is a new blacklist.” He says the NAR is "trying to deploy the organized economic power of this group in order to suppress dissenting political views among members.”

“What we’re talking about is a new blacklist,” Volokh said. “One of the things that’s troubling about the National Association of Realtors’ position is that it is trying to deploy the organized economic power of this group in order to suppress dissenting political views among members.”

NAR does not issue real estate licenses – that function is the domain of state licensing boards – so expulsion is not an automatic banishment from the profession. But in many parts of the country, NAR membership is required to gain access to the Multiple Listing Service, a searchable online database that sorts available real estate properties by parameters such as square footage, acreage, architectural style and much more. “If I were to lose access to that it would potentially devastate my ability to perform my career duties,” a Realtor commented on NAR’s Facebook page.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2021/01/08/realtor_groups_big_move_to_ban_sales-agent_hate_speech_in_private_247_126671.html

Much more at link.

Edited by lucklucky

8 hours ago, Josh said:

The filibuster will stand, so most of the GOP's worst nightmares will not come to pass.

How many times did Obama tell everyone he couldn't do something because the Constitution forbade it only to turn around and do it anyway. I give the legislative filibuster 6 months tops before the Dems just have to remove it because the Repubs are "abusing" the filibuster.

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

How many times did Obama tell everyone he couldn't do something because the Constitution forbade it only to turn around and do it anyway. I give the legislative filibuster 6 months tops before the Dems just have to remove it because the Repubs are "abusing" the filibuster.

Gone by April.  No way they wait until July.

1 hour ago, lucklucky said:

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/424857/

Apple bans Parler app unless it obeys Apple pro-Democrat censorship.  Welcome to the future, expect banks to start to deny money operations much more widespread than Obama's Operation Chokepoint.

Hey, if you don't like Twitter just make your own. Oh yeah, good luck getting it hosted, etc.

When I talk about ghettos, gulags and graves, the ghettos I'm talking about are banning us from the public square etc. We might as well wear scarlet C's on our clothes. And many here will cheer it on.

57 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

Oh and for those who have faith in Biden he followed up his pronouncements yesterday about how black people would have had it way worse than those coddled rioters yesterday by singling our Republican senators and comparing them to Goebbels with the "Big Lie".  He is really trying to build bridges here and bring us together.  Shocking from the guy who invented the Borking that destroyed our supreme court confirmation process and who accused milquetoast Romney of wanting to put black people "back in chains" in a fake drawl.

The same day that social media shut down Trump and dozens if not hundreds of conservative commenters from general Flynn on down.  And Apple is warning Parler (ya know, the alternative to Twitter that the GOP says we could use so they don't have to violate their sacred principals about regulating private businesses) that they will dump them from their app store and hence the most used electronic platform for social media if they don't agree to oversight and censoring conservative voices.  I said this would happen in threads here months to years ago and got mocked for over-reacting.  I can post how much I wish someone would murder Ted Cruz and there will be no issues on Twitter.  Iran and China have official Twitter accounts.  If I go on Twitter and a tweet goes viral where I say I think PA may have been stolen starting today I am likely gone.  Not to worry though, Biden will protect us 'cause he's a good guy and really cares about the country. . .

Even when he screws up Trump continues to tear the mask off the left.  

Mr. Unity

7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Hey, if you don't like Twitter just make your own. Oh yeah, good luck getting it hosted, etc.

When I talk about ghettos, gulags and graves, the ghettos I'm talking about are banning us from the public square etc. We might as well wear scarlet C's on our clothes. And many here will cheer it on.

Gab has its own hosts. Vox Day made a branch of Wikipedia, Infogalactic. He is working in a social network and a video hosting site.

Google has now banner Parled.  To the GOP talking heads, thanks for your smug pronouncements that regulating big tech would be a bridge too far and we should just spend our time and capital to make alternatives and please go f*ck yourself.  The silver lining is all those whiny ineffectual Republicans and Ben Shapiro talking heads are about to watch their income disappear.  I hope their spouses are in a protected class and can keep their jobs so they aren't out on the streets. 

ErQDjtpU0AEgzp0?format=jpg&name=large

7 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

Anyone want to take bets on when the blatant conservative hate speech on this site gets Tanknet taken down?

Almost every week some notice arrives to the administration of the Facebook Tank Net group about fake content shared in the group, according to some so called fact checkers.

The group that is private, so its content could not be seen by non members of the group.

Edited by sunday

27 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

Steve Bannon gets banned on Youtube.  Man, it sure is weird that all of these completely unconnected platforms are making their moves in perfect synchronization.  

"Ghettos"

PRC Social credit scores were child's play compared to what's coming. I'm seriously considering going dark.

I was already reached out to today because of fairly innocuous posts on my Facebook (like very pale, I've kept my Facebook feed clean for years but have liked my friends posts) have apparently been reported to my university's authorities.  I suspect I won't be teaching surgery next fall.

2 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

I was already reached out to today because of fairly innocuous posts on my Facebook (like very pale, I've kept my Facebook feed clean for years but have liked my friends posts) have apparently been reported to my university's authorities.  I suspect I won't be teaching surgery next fall.

That is terrible! Lately I was spending more time in Facebook blocking people than posting, until I deleted my account a few hours ago.

But surely someone will write something about playing the victim, conspiracy theories, and the works. Effects of TDS, probably.

Annnnd Twitter suspended Rush.  Maybe I missed it, has president elect Unifier spoken out about the mass purging of conservative voices?  What about actual-president elect Kneepads?  To the crowd who've been talking about how fascistic Trump was, any opinions on the great president elect Unifier now that the left is actively beginning to actually do everything you said Trump wanted to do?  Trump wrote mean tweets, Biden's allies are purging his opposition of their ability to communicate and make a living and he merrily adds fuel to the impending fire and otherwise sits at home wondering what kind of bran product he should have for breakfast.  

We were warned that if we voted for Trump in 2020 we would get a fascist cabal of government and big business taking over our country and by golly you were right!

In one of PJ O'Rourke's books, he quotes a Sandinista official saying that an opposition paper was claiming the government was closing opposition media.  The official said that was a lie, so they closed them.

7 hours ago, nitflegal said:

There's a shock.  Don't worry though, our intrepid GOP will rush to assure us that businesses are like churches and thus inviolate.  If you don't like Apple just build a company to compete with them because of slippery slopes. Here's the darkly funny thing; Social media likely cost Trump the election just by stifling the Hunter Biden story.  Numerous conservatives saw it coming for years and encouraged the GOP to regulate them.  Which we couldn't do because if liberal Hitler gets elected he will use that power for evil and we can't risk it.  Now the Democrats are overtly planning to use their majority to regulate the industry to their own ends.  We still get government regulation, conservatives just never had a chance to benefit from it for even an election cycle.

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

"Ghettos"

PRC Social credit scores were child's play compared to what's coming. I'm seriously considering going dark.

Heard something that a local businesswoman who was at the Trump Rally in DC, owned a business in Burlingame, Ca (an SF Suburb in San Mateo County=between SF county and Santa Clara County) and when she was identified, rowdy crowd harassed her business forcing her to close.

Do not know if it's true or not given the SF Bay Area reaction to the Wu Flu but...

13 hours ago, Jeff said:

Their caucus won’t agree to that, particularly the guy in WV. But if they do fine, IMO the GOP lost its right to exist when it contested the vote even after the riot that Trump fermented and made no effort to stop for hours. Either remove your rabid dog, or be removed.

5 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Its inevitable. Trump has removed most of the troops from Syria and Iraq, and its going to take time to get them back. No mystery there.

I thought Syria was an Iranian/Russian 'sattrap' now..can't EEVUL Vlad, those thrice cursed Persian Shia Heretics and their Alawi'' lapdogs handle things?