2021 Obituary

Jeff

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://apnews.com/article/entertainment-arts-and-entertainment-3151a97bd11baa47b7a90d8601d72e0d

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Connie Hamzy, a rock ‘n’ roll groupie from Arkansas who was immortalized as “sweet, sweet Connie” in the 1973 Grand Funk Railroad hit “We’re an American Band,” has died. She was 66.

• 2 weeks later...

J. R. Richard, Major League baseball pitcher of the 1970s and 80s, passed away in early August due to complications from COVID.

He had a troubled career and troubled life, but really turned things around in his later years.

Given that thrombosis took away his career and nearly his life in 1980, its kind of amazing that he lived to 71.

FIAT 131 against Peugeot 504. Curiously the good guy drove the Italian one.

Plenty of cars of those that made my childhood: Renault 5, Citröen CX, Ford Fiesta (first model)

Then it ended in a World of Tanks map.

Edited by sunday

Jean-Pierre Adams, the former France and Paris Saint-Germain defender who spent 39 years in a coma, has died. He was 73.

He was injured in a match and required knee surgery. During the operation at Lyon Hospital, an anaesthetic error saw him fall into a coma.

Former soccer player Jean-Pierre Adams dies after 39 years in a coma following botched knee surgery - CBS News

On 9/13/2021 at 4:53 AM, sunday said:

The Peruvian answer to Pol Pot.

I just read this post.  Nope, no lies told in it whatsoever.  How hot you think it is in hell for him? I was thinking hot enough to make concrete glass.

Meanwhile, onto more honorable people: Norm MacDonald.  And that news actually breaks my heart. The laughter died.  This man didn't give a damn who he offended. 

3 hours ago, Stargrunt6 said:

I just read this post.  Nope, no lies told in it whatsoever.  How hot you think it is in hell for him? I was thinking hot enough to make concrete glass.

Only a devil would take joy of the damning of a soul, if it was able to experience joy. It is impossible to tell if one particular  deceased person is in hell, not even Judas Iscariot.

There is an expression in Spanish "Que tanta paz lleve como descanso deja" that could be translated in English as "May he find the same peace as he leaves behind".

He will not be lamented very much, for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/C5News/posts/4632847360073039

Sir Clive Sinclair, the British inventor and entrepreneur who brought the earliest affordable personal computers to the masses, has died at the age of 81.

His daughter, Belinda, said he passed away at his home in London on Thursday morning after a long illness. The self-taught gadgeteer, knighted in 1983, kept working on his inventions until the very last moment, ”because that was what he loved doing,” she added.

Sinclair invented the pocket calculator, but was best known for launching the first relatively affordable consumer computer in 1980 - which costed less than £100 and sold in millions across the world.

The son and grandson of engineers, he left school at 18 and worked for four years as a technical journalist to raise funds to establish his first company.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:56 PM, sunday said:

There is an expression in Spanish "Que tanta paz lleve como descanso deja" that could be translated in English as "May he find the same peace as he leaves behind".

Man, that sounds kinda Southern US, vis a vis "Bless your heart."

7 minutes ago, Stargrunt6 said:

Man, that sounds kinda Southern US, vis a vis "Bless your heart."

It is not very far, as far as I understand that US saying.

I could imagine your typical Southern Belle rejecting the unwanted approaches of an Englishman with a "Bless your heart, mister Stuart, sir!"

Edited by sunday