US Army unmanned ground vehicles

Seven tons each. Can't even sling load 'em on a Blackhawk. I like the idea - and I'm not totally sure if these are supposed to be the vehicles that support an infantry squad - but that's pretty heavy, especially since it can only carry about 3.5ish tons. What is the purpose of these specific vehicles, anyway? Log? Recce?

1 hour ago, Hellfish6 said:

Seven tons each. Can't even sling load 'em on a Blackhawk. I like the idea - and I'm not totally sure if these are supposed to be the vehicles that support an infantry squad - but that's pretty heavy, especially since it can only carry about 3.5ish tons. What is the purpose of these specific vehicles, anyway? Log? Recce?

from the article:

The stated primary mission for the RCV-L is to be an unmanned reconnaissance vehicle, intended to scout ahead of Army units. The service also wants it to be "attritable," meaning that it is low cost enough that it could be employed on riskier operations where there is an increased possibility that it could be destroyed, which would preclude the use of a higher-end platform. 

Intendted to have a 7000 lb capacity on its deck for modular units.

also seems this is the smaller version.

Howe and Howe won the medium weight class with it's ripsaw with a 30 mm turret.

Edited by bfng3569