Days You Don't Need

BansheeOne

On 8/24/2023 at 4:25 AM, BansheeOne said:

As a colleague of mine likes to say: growing old ain't for pussies.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

The shoulder is one of those joints that harbors a grudge better than others, except those in the spinal column.

Here's to your health.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had my appointment at the hospital today. Guy who looked uncannily like Harry Bosch stared at the MRI images for half an hour, even called the radiology practice who did them, and said he couldn't see the cartilage detachment they diagnosed, or where it might have come from, and it would be physically pretty much impossible for it to get behind the long biceps tendon where they said they found it; he thought it was just an inflammation of selfsame tendon. It sure still feels like that did two-and-a-half years ago, but has gotten better since last Tuesday. If it should not improve or get worse again, I can have an arthroscopy anytime. But I'm hopeful it will simply subside as it did last time.

• 1 month later...

Well, last Wednesday ended up being a day I could have gone without:  RIF'd.  29 years, i month, 20 days.  Grateful for a modest separation package but very anxious to get my wife's surgeries done before the insurance runs out.

The college eliminated 122 positions nationwide and is set to close 17 locations while folding some others (including the one I where I worked) underneath others.

1 hour ago, Steven P Allen said:

Well, last Wednesday ended up being a day I could have gone without:  RIF'd.  29 years, i month, 20 days.  Grateful for a modest separation package but very anxious to get my wife's surgeries done before the insurance runs out.

The college eliminated 122 positions nationwide and is set to close 17 locations while folding some others (including the one I where I worked) underneath others.

Sincerely hope all will work out for your wife and you. 

• 1 month later...

On a lighter note, one of my duties at the office is organizing birthday gifts. People usually get a gift card and flowers, though the guys tend to opt for a sixpack of beer or a bottle of wine instead the latter. So on Thursday I buy a sixpack for our IT guy on the way to work, walk into his office and go "Mario! I present you ..."

(One bottle slips from the pack and bursts noisily on the floor.)

"... with five bottles of beer!"

He said the best gift was that his office floor got cleaned. :D