Which Ships do you just not get?

DB

Do you have ships that should be successful, but which you simply can't make work?

I generally can't catch a break with Thunderer. It's often described as being very overpowered, with ridiculous fire chance and excellent accuracy at range, but I am severely below par with win rate and damage scored. I'm not the most aggressive player, but Thunderer punishes aggression by getting itself burned to death. It has to hang back and DoT people to death, with the occasional surprise for the overly bold complacent using AP. I keep getting dragged into mid-range fights where the DPM of cruisers and some DDs just eats it alive.

Still, today I curbed my enthusiasm and scored 246k damage, a new personal record for all types. It wasn't the most engaging game I've ever played, but I did play by the ship's apparent rules.

Russian destroyers and so called gunships, I just can't get into them, to me a destroyer is a ship that uses it's torpedoes, I just can't do enough damage with gun armed DDs. I despise carriers but apparently I am above average playing them...

18 minutes ago, Colin said:

Yea, you can't cap without smoke if there is a enemy ship/aircraft in visual range

There is that, yes. But in absence of CVs, the Swedish DDs are efficient area denial ships.

Cleveland - original and post nerf Cleveland's at T6 I could run happily only bitching about the stupid ballistics, but the move to T8 just broke that ship for me.

Thunderer - had my longest losing streak in this ship, I can't remember but it was well into double figures before I got a win. I still lose like hell but I generally score pretty well.

Neptune - I know it should just be another step in the progression of RN smoking AP spitters, but there's something about the break into T9 i just could not make work. 

Destroyers - any and all, 

I used to love Cleveland, back at T6. My best ever kill score was 7 in one, but I ran out of luck in front of a Kongo of all things and lost the game. Of ccourse, Cleveland is now just CV chum, like everything else that was an AA cruiser, unless it's Russian.