tanknet.org

I LOVE the new format!````

The new software is great, but what I've quickly come to miss is the "back" button and editable preview when you fuck up and accidentally delete your lovingly formated quote etc. ...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just couple of peeves...

1) Twitter links don't show properly in Firefox

2) Are plans gone for good? Bummer.

3) ...and this is the most important for me...colour scheme is really not very good. All white is way too harsh especially combined with the 'modern' minimalist graphical design. I have found myself spending much less time actually reading the posts and threads, because the colour palette is grating my eyes. Really need to go to back to old style green or something similar.

Edited by Yama

Once that we have a set of three moderators assuming also low level admin roles we'll proceed with modifying the theme settings. Happy to have some custom artwork developed, as long as there some consensus what it should be (I propose a Merkagavin silhouette).

4 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

The new software is great, but what I've quickly come to miss is the "back" button and editable preview when you fuck up and accidentally delete your lovingly formated quote etc. ...

If you look in the upper right corner while you're typing a post, you'll see a magnifying glass and piece of paper, click that for preview mode, click the X to exit the mode.

I wish we could open a post response in a new tab rather than having to do one at a time and then going back to find the next one to respond to.

1 hour ago, FALightFighter said:

Is there a way to get a list of topics with new content? I can get a list of new posts, but not topics.

+1

12 hours ago, Jeff said:

If you look in the upper right corner while you're typing a post, you'll see a magnifying glass and piece of paper, click that for preview mode, click the X to exit the mode.

I saw that, but that gives you a snapshot of your post you can't edit. In the old system if you made a terminal mistake, hitting the browser's back button would take you to the last preview with hopefully most of your previous work saved. Mind, I much prefer a software that won't regularly eat your whole post like the old one, reducing the need to frequently save a work in progress. 😁

I having some strange effects with Firefox on my 8.1 machine, where if you click quote it slows down and wont let you input anything. Strangely it works fine on explorer, and fine on firefox on my other machines. Its a niggle, not really a problem.

The saving posts mode is brilliantly, particularly if you wrote something and forgot to log in first.

Can't say I like this sidebar at all. It's mostly entirely useless statistics, hovers at the top of the page and steals a third of the browser window width in all of the thread page below. I don't think there's a setting to make it go away.

9 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

I saw that, but that gives you a snapshot of your post you can't edit. In the old system if you made a terminal mistake, hitting the browser's back button would take you to the last preview with hopefully most of your previous work saved. Mind, I much prefer a software that won't regularly eat your whole post like the old one, reducing the need to frequently save a work in progress. 😁

It's pretty WYSIWYG.