I LOVE the new format!````

NickM

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, R011 said:

You sassy? I find that hard to believe.

This new format seems to be working well, though.  There's a clean feel to it and so far quite functional.  Huzzah to the Admin!

👍

It appears I've toned myself down somewhat.

24 minutes ago, NickM said:

👍

It appears I've toned myself down somewhat.

'Come Luke.... Join the Dark side....'

:D

Its a massive improvement. The only things im disliking are that its more difficult to input links, and im damned if I can work out how to link youtube video's, so they give a preview as they did before. But thats small things. It actually is easy to post now. I often had it time out in the middle of uploading a message before. Now, its shockingly fast.

Have we got rid of the 'dangerous site' flag now? Ive not noticed it for a while, has anyone else noticed it?

So, basically BBcode is being phased out. Can't say I like it, but at least embedding YouTube videos in the standard format should work. Abbreviated URLs such as youtu.be and/or with time stamps maybe not. In that case, please open a thread in the Whine Cellar. Now that we have a current version of Invisionboard and, along with it, paid for support, there's a small but at least non-zero chance that such things will be addressed, unlike before.

4 hours ago, NickM said:

I've been able to find my subjects and posts all the way back to 2008===my word, I really was a sassy little SOB back then!

Sassy and little .you ...tut

4 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Just a test, embedding a YouTube video by simply pasting the link...:

Ok, so when I just copied the web page of the youtube video, as I used to do before, it just posts a link. When I click on the video and copy the link, then it posts the viewing window.

Which is absolutely fine, it was just unexpected is all.

Yes, photos and videos are much easier for me; I had to bracket the link to get it to show.  What I'm really tickled with is that I can go to the most recent post on my iPhone.

We still need some kind of tankie thing at the top...

Lots of people took a hit on their post count. Some bigger than others. I lost only about 2,000. Stuart lost about 50% but still leaves him with 25,000. He'll be back at 50,000 in no time though. Can't recall how much DougRichard had, whether or not if he was above or a little short of 10,000, maybe he lost about 3,000 give or take. I think Shep lost about 3,000. Ssnake, maybe a thousand. RO11 lost about 3,000 I think. Don't think Milomorai lost any. Jeff lost a bunch, around 7,000 maybe which was after an earlier loss of post count from the forums adjustment in what was it Dec 2019. RETAC21 lost a good chunk too, maybe about 5,000. Tim the Tanknut might have lost the greatest amount in rato. ISTR him above 6,000 but now he's at about 2,600 posts, thus losing perhaps 66% of the post count. I don't think Glen239 lost any, still at his 6,000. Mobius lost a big chunk too, maybe almost as much lost as Tim the Tank Nut. Well looking at others down the thread. Murph lost a major chunk as well, losing about 10,000 posts. DKTanker lost about half, down to 10,000. Ivanhoe lost over 10,000.. maybe 12 or 13 thousand. Rick..ah I can't recall where he was. NickM definitely had over 2,000, not sure how many he had beforehand, 5000ish. Josh lost about 5,000. I don't think Bojan lost any, although he had losses in previous forums adjustments. Doesn't look like Roman lost any. I think KV7 is where he's been beforehand as well, maybe a tiny loss, not sure. Daan is the same as before I think, at 1700. Colin lost quite a large amount, about 6,000-7,000 lost I think. Seahawk, maybe lost a 1,000 to 2,000, not sure. Stargrunt6 lost a relatively large chunk, maybe about 4,000 bringing him to his 2,900. Urbanoid lost about 2,000 maybe. I don't think Panzermann lost any. Toysoldier lost about half going from the 8,000ish to 4,118. FlyingCanOpener looks like another poster with a relatively high ratio lost, maybe losing an above 50% amount of about 4,000. Corinthian lost about 7,000 I think thus left with about 10,000. Sunday lost maybe about 2,000 to 3,000. DB lost a big chunk about 50% or more maybe. JWB lost about 2,000 I think. BansheeOne lost about 4,000 to 5,000 I think. JamesR lost about half I think. Gavin-Phillips maybe didn't lose any, if so, just a little. Don't think Dawes lost any. RIch lost a big proportion, maybe around 66%. MarkusBecker maybe lost about 2,000. Rmgill lost about 3,000 to 4,000. Manic Moran, not sure, I feel he had much more than the current 2,600 but maybe getting mixed up with multiple accounts by him. Dogdodger certainly lost a chunk, pretty sure he was above 1,000. Mikel2 lost maybe about half. Ken Estes lost a big chunk, maybe about 7,000 down to his current 9.500. Leo Niehorster.. can't recall, I feel he was close to or above 2,000, he's currently at just above 1,000. M48A5K may have lost a little. Calvinb1nav lost maybe about a 33-40%. Mr King lost maybe 3,000.Harkonnen lost about 1,000 to 2,000 I think. Swerve lost a bunch maybe about half, so long since he last posted but pretty sure he was above 10,000 but know is about 6,600. Simon, for some reason I have a big gap image from memory something like either 17,000 or 22,000 beforehand, wired memory, so lost about 5,000 or 10,000. Chris Werb lost about 7,000. GARGEON lost maybe about 1,000. Don't think Dark_Falcon lost any. BD1 may have lost a little, maybe a 1000, but maybe none. Nobu lost relative little if any. Yama lost about 2,000. Soren Ras lost about 1,000. Herald Jones lost about 3,000. Adam Peter lost about 25% maybe going from around 1,700 IIRC to the current 1,400. Seeing really old threads of posters that were active before my getting on seen, they certainly lost a big chunk. Chino lost a chunk maybe about 50%. Still a bunch of other posters. Brian lost about 2,000 to 3,000. Der Zeitgeist lost a little. Skywalkre lost a little, if any. EchoFiveMike lost some for sure, can't recall where he was. I don't think Walter_Sobchak lost any. Anyway, not that any of us care, but just an observation with via my weird sense of relative memory keeping.

Edited by JasonJ
typo

2 hours ago, JasonJ said:

Lots of people took a hit on their post count. Some bigger than others. I lost only about 2,000. Stuart lost about 50% but still leaves him with 25,000. He'll be back at 50,000 in no time though. Can't recall how much DougRichard had, whether or not if he was above or a little short of 10,000, maybe he lost about 3,000 give or take. I think Shep lost about 3,000. Ssnake, maybe a thousand. RO11 lost about 3,000 I think. Don't think Milomorai lost any. Jeff lost a bunch, around 7,000 maybe which was after an earlier loss of post count from the forums adjustment in what was it Dec 2019. RETAC21 lost a good chunk too, maybe about 5,000. Tim the Tanknut might have lost the greatest amount in rato. ISTR him above 6,000 but now he's at about 2,600 posts, thus losing perhaps 66% of the post count. I don't think Glen239 lost any, still at his 6,000. Mobius lost a big chunk too, maybe almost as much lost as Tim the Tank Nut. Well looking at others down the thread. Murph lost a major chunk as well, losing about 10,000 posts. DKTanker lost about half, down to 10,000. Ivanhoe lost over 10,000.. maybe 12 or 13 thousand. Rick..ah I can't recall where he was. NickM definitely had over 2,000, not sure how many he had beforehand, 5000ish. Josh lost about 5,000. I don't think Bojan lost any, although he had losses in previous forums adjustments. Doesn't look like Roman lost any. I think KV7 is where he's been beforehand as well, maybe a tiny loss, not sure. Daan is the same as before I think, at 1700. Colin lost quite a large amount, about 6,000-7,000 lost I think. Seahawk, maybe lost a 1,000 to 2,000, not sure. Stargrunt6 lost a relatively large chunk, maybe about 4,000 bringing him to his 2,900. Urbanoid lost about 2,000 maybe. I don't think Panzermann lost any. Toysoldier lost about half going from the 8,000ish to 4,118. FlyingCanOpener looks like another poster with a relatively high ratio lost, maybe losing an above 50% amount of about 4,000. Corinthian lost about 7,000 I think thus left with about 10,000. Sunday lost maybe about 2,000 to 3,000. DB lost a big chunk about 50% or more maybe. JWB lost about 2,000 I think. BansheeOne lost about 4,000 to 5,000 I think. JamesR lost about half I think. Gavin-Phillips maybe didn't lose any, if so, just a little. Don't think Dawes lost any. RIch lost a big proportion, maybe around 66%. MarkusBecker maybe lost about 2,000. Rmgill lost about 3,000 to 4,000. Manic Moran, not sure, I feel he had much more than the current 2,600 but maybe getting mixed up with multiple accounts by him. Dogdodger certainly lost a chunk, pretty sure he was above 1,000. Mikel2 lost maybe about half. Ken Estes lost a big chunk, maybe about 7,000 down to his current 9.500. Leo Niehorster.. can't recall, I feel he was close to or above 2,000, he's currently at just above 1,000. M48A5K may have lost a little. Calvinb1nav lost maybe about a 33-40%. Mr King lost maybe 3,000.Harkonnen lost about 1,000 to 2,000 I think. Swerve lost a bunch maybe about half, so long since he last posted but pretty sure he was above 10,000 but know is about 6,600. Simon, for some reason I have a big gap image from memory something like either 17,000 or 22,000 beforehand, wired memory, so lost about 5,000 or 10,000. Chris Werb lost about 7,000. GARGEON lost maybe about 1,000. Don't think Dark_Falcon lost any. BD1 may have lost a little, maybe a 1000, but maybe none. Nobu lost relative little if any. Yama lost about 2,000. Soren Ras lost about 1,000. Herald Jones lost about 3,000. Adam Peter lost about 25% maybe going from around 1,700 IIRC to the current 1,400. Seeing really old threads of posters that were active before my getting on seen, they certainly lost a big chunk. Chino lost a chunk maybe about 50%. Still a bunch of other posters. Brian lost about 2,000 to 3,000. Der Zeitgeist lost a little. Skywalkre lost a little, if any. EchoFiveMike lost some for sure, can't recall where he was. I don't think Walter_Sobchak lost any. Anyway, not that any of us care, but just an observation with via my weird sense of relative memory keeping.

Yeah, I lost a shit ton after an emergency prune a while back. Just call me noob. 😁