tanknet.org

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Any comments about the newspaper "The Epoch Times?" Got a free sample in the mail. 

They had their offices ransacked and set on fire by presumptive PRC agents. So theY must be doing something right. 

9 minutes ago, rmgill said:

They had their offices ransacked and set on fire by presumptive PRC agents. So theY must be doing something right. 

Falun Gong seem a bit cult-like to me, though I could be wrong.  They don't seem to be anti=-West or obviously screwing over their believers and they do have reason to hate the CCP.

I frequently dealt with their local crew in my last job since my boss was president of the German-Chinese Society - Friends of Taiwan, and as a Falun Gong-associated paper they were always looking for things to beat Beijing over the head with. Word was that they started out as a CIA info warfare project. They certainly tend towards slanted reporting. 

5 hours ago, rmgill said:

I learned recently that this is pretty much SOP, you go on a business trip to China or France, and your luggage is checked out by the local intelligence agency...

5 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

They certainly tend towards slanted reporting. 

As opposed to MSNBC, NYT, CNN, Reuters, etc.?

Here is an example of alt-press that ET does that the MSM doesn't;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvFoZtsL6a0

has nothing to do with the PRC.

9 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

I frequently dealt with their local crew in my last job since my boss was president of the German-Chinese Society - Friends of Taiwan, and as a Falun Gong-associated paper they were always looking for things to beat Beijing over the head with. Word was that they started out as a CIA info warfare project. They certainly tend towards slanted reporting. 

Considering that China has been buying slant from the NBA, Disney, Apple, Blizzard and other parent companies, how do you tell Epoch Times' slant from actual pushback? 

6 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

As opposed to MSNBC, NYT, CNN, Reuters, etc.?

Here is an example of alt-press that ET does that the MSM doesn't;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvFoZtsL6a0

has nothing to do with the PRC.

2 hours ago, rmgill said:

Considering that China has been buying slant from the NBA, Disney, Apple, Blizzard and other parent companies, how do you tell Epoch Times' slant from actual pushback?

I wasn't refering to their reporting about China in particular. There is a general slant that's most obvious to me on German issues and other topics where I recognize competing narratives, broadly in line with a swath of other international media, but the latter not necessarily sharing their specific Chinese perspective.

That sort of fuckery will get me off of apple products. I guess I need to bone up on building my own Linux boxes again. 

16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Nope.

Razorfist said because of the internet we are culturally flash frozen in the 90s.  With that said, back then, men wearing dresses was a thing among some musicians.

Beatriz Gimeno  director of Spanish Government  Institute of Woman soon to be Institute of various types of Women says that equality will only be achieved when women penetrate men in the anus.

«El ano es una de las principales zonas erógenas para hombres y mujeres, pero especialmente para los hombres. Estoy convencida, cada vez más, que para que se produzca un verdadero cambio cultural tienen que cambiar también las prácticas sexuales hegemónicas y heteronormativas y que sin ese cambio, que afecta a lo simbólico y a la construcción de las subjetividades, no se producirá un verdadero cambio social que iguale a hombres y mujeres», se podía leer en el blog.

https://elcorreodepozuelo.com/2020/06/15/lo-que-faltaba-la-directora-del-instituto-de-la-mujer-y-para-la-igualdad-de-oportunidades-beatriz-gimeno-abronca-a-una-empresa-por-vender-unas-placas-con-heroes-y-princesas/

Soon in your public school and in TV.

Harry Styles certainly likes flamboyant clothes (and pie fights). And flamboyant shades, à la Elton John (while singing about eating pussy). 😎

Then again he played in "Dunkirk", so he can be pretty serious.

5 hours ago, lucklucky said:

Beatriz Gimeno  director of Spanish Government  Institute of Woman soon to be Institute of various types of Women says that equality will only be achieved when women penetrate men in the anus.

«El ano es una de las principales zonas erógenas para hombres y mujeres, pero especialmente para los hombres. Estoy convencida, cada vez más, que para que se produzca un verdadero cambio cultural tienen que cambiar también las prácticas sexuales hegemónicas y heteronormativas y que sin ese cambio, que afecta a lo simbólico y a la construcción de las subjetividades, no se producirá un verdadero cambio social que iguale a hombres y mujeres», se podía leer en el blog.

https://elcorreodepozuelo.com/2020/06/15/lo-que-faltaba-la-directora-del-instituto-de-la-mujer-y-para-la-igualdad-de-oportunidades-beatriz-gimeno-abronca-a-una-empresa-por-vender-unas-placas-con-heroes-y-princesas/

The Spanish government is signing off on pegging.   Fun times. Maybe a countermovement will start?  "¡Deje el culo!"

5 hours ago, lucklucky said:

"equality will only be achieved when women penetrate men in the anus."

I think the proper slang she is searching for is "rimjob."

https://www.spakhm.com/p/against-xkcd-1357

Sometimes the smallest of things have the largest effects. Whenever I think about what did the most damage to internet culture over the past ten years, this comic comes out on top:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

Not Twitter. Not Facebook. This comic that probably took Randall Munroe less than an hour to create.

Wow! This new forums software is beyond nifty - one could paste article fragments with images embedded!