Culture Wars

Burncycle360

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democratic-dark-money-giant-anti-israel-activism-millions

An influential liberal dark money group propping up anti-Israel activism across the United States has pocketed massive amounts in taxpayer-backed grants and contracts in recent years, according to a Washington Examiner analysis of federal spending records.

The Tides Center, which funds organizations behind Hamas-sympathetic protests held after the terrorist faction's deadly Oct. 7 attack against Israel, has long helped shape the progressive agenda with the financial backing of billionaire philanthropists such as Bill Gates and George Soros. But the Democratic-allied charity sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars in assets also retains another key supporter in the federal government, which directly or through subawards steered more than $81.2 million to the Tides Center between 2006 and 2023, documents show.

On 12/18/2023 at 10:42 PM, rmgill said:

Sorry, I don't see it that way.

Do you... actually have a point to make or do you just start frothing at the mouth and find anything to say in an attempt to rebut certain posters on here?  🤣

It doesn't matter how you see it... because you're both wrong and also not making any sense.  Your original complaint was concern over rewriting history.  Do you even know what the Lost Cause movement was all about?  When the first of these installations were named around WW1 (also the same time a lot of these statues that have been torn down were going up) is when this movement was picking up steam.  Said movement tried to reimagine/rewrite the history of the Civil War.  Said movement played a part in the rise and spread of the KKK.  Said movement had nothing honorable or worthy about it... and led to further subjugation of Black Americans across the South with further spread of Jim Crow laws.

Reconciliation had already happened.  The folks in the south who were pushing for it in 10s-40s couldn't cope with the fact they were on the wrong side of history and tried their best to rewrite it (you supposedly care about this... right?).

Again... there's nothing here to defend.  These posts should have never been named what they were and many of these statues and monuments that have already been torn down should never have been put up.

On 12/18/2023 at 10:42 PM, rmgill said:

soft people like you

Apparently Moderator doesn't care about childish insults like this, so... I'll leave it at this - you calling folks soft is rich🙄

16 hours ago, Skywalkre said:

Do you... actually have a point to make or do you just start frothing at the mouth and find anything to say in an attempt to rebut certain posters on here?  🤣

Yes. Your woke points fall short. We were told as I said one thing, it has drifted well beyond. 

It doesn't matter how you see it... because you're both wrong and also not making any sense.  Your original complaint was concern over rewriting history.  Do you even know what the Lost Cause movement was all about? 

Yes. I have lived in Atlanta my whole life. That you want to retcon the entire aspect of that history into what BLM wants has already been noted. 

When the first of these installations were named around WW1 (also the same time a lot of these statues that have been torn down were going up) is when this movement was picking up steam. 

Yes but thats not what is being razed. We are talking about monuments to peace or even graveside monuments. 

I can see the distinction there. You and the wokesters cannot. 

Said movement tried to reimagine/rewrite the history of the Civil War. 

And yet we had Northen dignitaties for many of these monuments you and the iconoclasts want destroyed. I am sitting not 100 yards from where a statue of Thomas Jefferson and an Obelisk to the confederate dead both stood until the summer of love. Both were removed.

Both are gone now. Your limited scope IS not LIMITED. I am waiting on Stephen Decatur’s bust to go next.  

Said movement played a part in the rise and spread of the KKK. 

Ok. So did the DNC. When is that getting razed? 

Said movement had nothing honorable or worthy about it... and led to further subjugation of Black Americans across the South with further spread of Jim Crow laws.

And the left continued to defend the last of those laws. And they still do in New York. 

Reconciliation had already happened

Now, thanks to folks like you, it is unhappening. 

The folks in the south who were pushing for it in 10s-40s couldn't cope with the fact they were on the wrong side of history and tried their best to rewrite it (you supposedly care about this... right?).

And you want to fix that by bulldozing statues and possibly graves next? 

Again... there's nothing here to defend. 

Just basic decency. And history. And not playing at 1984. 

These posts should have never been named what they were and many of these statues and monuments that have already been torn down should never have been put up.

Except the US government needed men for another war. And we needed to not have a continuing divide. 

Apparently Moderator doesn't care about childish insults like this, so... I'll leave it at this - you calling folks soft is rich🙄

Its a fact. Have you marched from one end of the US to the other? Or from one end of say Virginia to the other end near Tennessee? On your own feet carrying a pack, weapon and other military accouterments? I dare say few current soldiers are hard enough to march from one end of the state to the other, let alone as far and as fast as the Army of Northern Virginia did or Sherman’s troops did. I am also soft. We all are in this generation save very few. 

Maybe Moderator Understands this point more than you do.

Folks who hike the AT have some of that hardness but most aren’t of a mindset to stand up to massed gun fire and give as good as they get. And then conduct a bayonet charge in the face of the remainder of that fire. My sister who has hiked from Georgia to Maine could not. 

I expect that battlefield markers will be next. Even those that mark Union actions or victories. I have already seen wokesters complaining about those. 

Mark my words, we are already taking down monuments to folks outside of the ACW. Jefferson and others are already being removed as I noted. Your iconoclastic fever is by no means constrained or of limited scope. No matter what you speak of. Because its already happened and well past street side statues as I noted.  

Edited by rmgill

If the men who fought in the war could embrace 50 years after, why do you have a right to judge? Are you enhanced with a greater level of perspicacity than they had?

You want to adjudge them as all traitors 160 years after the fact. It all smacks of the same thing that we just saw out of Colorado’s supreme court. A punishment to fit a perceived crime without the trouble of a trial or a conviction. Why not throw in some bills of attainder while you’re at it? 

Edited by rmgill

On 12/21/2023 at 5:45 PM, Murph said:

Why do gay people have this desire to photograph themselves having sex in public places?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/21/new-gay-sex-scandal-hits-capitol-after-second-graphic-video-emerges/

Although that is the traditional place for the American people to get fucked, the official Democrat position reiterates that this behavior belongs in school libraries and not the senate floor 😅

9 hours ago, rmgill said:

Yes. Your woke (...)

Thanks for that, @rmgill.

Spanish discoverers, evangelizers, and conquistadors are next. I think statues of St. Junípero Serra have already been removed, for instance.

How much until Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Fe, San Jose, Saint Augustine, San Antonio, Galvez, etc. got renamed?

6 hours ago, sunday said:

How much until Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Fe, San Jose, Saint Augustine, San Antonio, Galvez, etc. got renamed?

Tricky sociopolitical minefield to rename Galveston. It was "Ellis Island West" with quite a bit of European immigration (notably Jews), and the site of Emancipation Day starring MG Gordon Granger.

Oh here's something that'll be stomach churning.

Matt Dawson has a 'checked' past when it comes to children and justification of pedophilia. He's now a father with his husband of two boys by way of a surrogacy. 

On 12/23/2023 at 8:01 PM, Skywalkre said:

It doesn't matter how you see it... because you're both wrong and also not making any sense.  Your original complaint was concern over rewriting history.  Do you even know what the Lost Cause movement was all about?  When the first of these installations were named around WW1 (also the same time a lot of these statues that have been torn down were going up) is when this movement was picking up steam.  Said movement tried to reimagine/rewrite the history of the Civil War.  Said movement played a part in the rise and spread of the KKK.  Said movement had nothing honorable or worthy about it... and led to further subjugation of Black Americans across the South with further spread of Jim Crow laws.

Reconciliation had already happened.  The folks in the south who were pushing for it in 10s-40s couldn't cope with the fact they were on the wrong side of history and tried their best to rewrite it (you supposedly care about this... right?).

Again... there's nothing here to defend.  These posts should have never been named what they were and many of these statues and monuments that have already been torn down should never have been put up.

No, you're fundamentally a bad person. The battles actually happened, the men actually died or were horribly scarred for life, and the history should be commemorated by their friends and families.

You are akin to Moslems who destroy churches for the sake of destroying them. In their view any building of another faith is immoral.

14 hours ago, Detonable said:

No, you're fundamentally a bad person. The battles actually happened, the men actually died or were horribly scarred for life, and the history should be commemorated by their friends and families.

You are akin to Moslems who destroy churches for the sake of destroying them. In their view any building of another faith is immoral.

I cannot disagree since they try and re-write history and make it more "Marxist/Inclusive (just the opposite)/Pro-Gay/Pro-Trannie/Anti-white Christian male".

20 minutes ago, Murph said:

Very true.  I have seen the FBI at work.

GCPxXyEWUAAu-AM?format=jpg&name=small

I'm reading "Sleeper Agent" by Ann Hagedorn, about George Koval, a Soviet spy who worked on the Manhattan Project. It is quite clear to me that from the get-go, the FBI has always been an unholy blend of incompetence and treason. The Russians had so many agents with laughably flimsy cover stories, its surprising that the Russians didn't have the bomb by mid-1945.

1 minute ago, Ivanhoe said:

I'm reading "Sleeper Agent" by Ann Hagedorn, about George Koval, a Soviet spy who worked on the Manhattan Project. It is quite clear to me that from the get-go, the FBI has always been an unholy blend of incompetence and treason. The Russians had so many agents with laughably flimsy cover stories, its surprising that the Russians didn't have the bomb by mid-1945.

When the FBI would show up at my old agency, they always walked in like Christ coming to cleanse the temple of the moneylenders, promised the sun, the moon, and the stars, and then vanished having left a mess, upset people, and nothing accomplished except annoyance, and wasted time.  If they called about investigating something or someone as soon as they heard a Texas Ranger was involved, they vanished immediately.  If they wanted to speak with you as soon as you put a pocket recorder on the table, they vanished as well since they were terrified of being recorded.