Jump to content

Culture Wars


Burncycle360

Recommended Posts

InBev soon to be renamed OutBev;

 

image.png

 

April 1 is the date of the snafu. Not looking good, going into summer. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

 

The transpedo movement is fighting the Judeo-Christian hetero-cis patriarchal fascist state, one disposable victim at a time. 

FRANKLIN GRAHAM AT CHRISTIAN MEDIA CONVENTION: EVERY ‘DEMON FROM HELL’ HAS BEEN ‘TURNED LOOSE’ IN SOCIETY
Franklin Graham is the prodigal son of the late Billy Graham.  As an aside, I only saw this on the Fox website. I did not see it on the websites of A.B.C., C.B.S., N.B.C., nor did I hear it on N.P.R.

On a similar note, in a few months many parents will be going to "Back-to-school" sales. This one from Target is disgustingly evil.

Target's Gay Pride collection has been linked to a controversial designer: Abprallen's Erik Carnell, who is an outspoken Satanist whose brand features occult imagery and messages like "Satan respects pronouns" on brand apparel, Fox News Digital reported separately. He is also known for aggressive messaging and phrases, including "Burn down the cis-tem," which have been featured on the website along with one that says "homophobe headrest" with an image of a guillotine. Carnell explained in an Instagram post that Satan represents "passion, pride and liberty" and "loves all LGBT+ people."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

The transpedo movement is fighting the Judeo-Christian hetero-cis patriarchal fascist state, one disposable victim at a time. 

Very generous statement.

Edited to add text to avoid consecutive posts:

Quote

(...)

I'd guesstimate that of the sexual predators and child molesters I encountered in prison, well over half - perhaps as many as four-fifths - had been molested or abused as children themselves.  It permanently warped and twisted them, so they were never able to break free of those early bonds of evil that had been laid upon them.  It's all very well to say that free will is involved, that they could always have refused to follow such inclinations by strength of will . . . but sadly, it's not that easy.  Such psychological damage can and does cripple many people, making it impossible for them to turn away from what has been done to them.  Many people don't realize this.

(...)

https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2023/05/true-dat.html

Edited by sunday
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This story has got some media attention in Ontario at the moment, a teacher indicating she's afraid to walk the halls for fear of being attacked,

Teacher alleges violence at Mississauga school, investigation underway | CTV News

The climate of our school is one of violence, fear and is well on its way to being one of long lasting trauma for many students,” the letter reads. “We write this letter as a desperate call for help to make changes to our learning environment in order to make it the safe place it once was.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

InBev soon to be renamed OutBev;

April 1 is the date of the snafu. Not looking good, going into summer. 

 

My older son works for a local distributor of Coors/Miller.   They are working 60 hour + weeks and running out of some brands trying to keep up with the demand while local stores are trying to sell A-B products with minimal success.  Middle-o'-Nowhere, MO, yes, but a college town known for partying and drinking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am curious what Josh and the other democrats are going to do for June. Are ya’ll going to put up a trans flag or something for your profile pic? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, glenn239 said:

This story has got some media attention in Ontario at the moment, a teacher indicating she's afraid to walk the halls for fear of being attacked,

Teacher alleges violence at Mississauga school, investigation underway | CTV News

The climate of our school is one of violence, fear and is well on its way to being one of long lasting trauma for many students,” the letter reads. “We write this letter as a desperate call for help to make changes to our learning environment in order to make it the safe place it once was.”

My friend was a School Resource Officer with the RCMP. He had 5 schools he was responsible for, with about 5,000 students. No one want to devote resources to the issue, but they all know that's one of the biggest bang for the buck in crime prevention. Then there is Vancouver who does not want the VPD in the schools with guns and uniforms. The gangs are deeply pleased by this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fayette County will not go easy on those three. 

Peachtree corners is a not very smart area to try to do crime in either. Expect that region to get more aggressive in criminal suppression. Doraville and north is not smart. Expect to see a police involved shooting out of there sometime soon. 

Edited by rmgill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, rmgill said:

Fayette County will not go easy on those three. 

Peachtree corners is a not very smart area to try to do crime in either. Expect that region to get more aggressive in criminal suppression. Doraville and north is not smart. Expect to see a police involved shooting out of there sometime soon. 

Not if retailers are good with giving goods away.  Those three would be free today if two former employees had followed their corporate (read ESG ) guidelines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2023 at 3:43 PM, Colin said:

My friend was a School Resource Officer with the RCMP. He had 5 schools he was responsible for, with about 5,000 students. No one want to devote resources to the issue, but they all know that's one of the biggest bang for the buck in crime prevention. Then there is Vancouver who does not want the VPD in the schools with guns and uniforms. The gangs are deeply pleased by this.

They might consider going on strike like the teachers in Minnesota did.  Read here if you are not familiar.

There seems to be some deep hate for cops in some parts in Canada. I remember reading about how local LGBT groups in Edmonton did not want cops or military present in uniform. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/the-latest-book-ban-hoax

Quote

 

Following Amanda Gorman's reading of her poem at President Joe Biden's inauguration, administrators at a school in Florida decided the poem would make valuable middle school-level reading. So, they switched the shelf it was on in a K-8 school library — and sparked an international outrage incident.

"I am gutted," Gorman wrote in a successful press release. " Book bans aren’t new, but they have been on the rise." ABC ran a story with the headline, "Amanda Gorman Poem for Biden Inauguration Banned in South Florida School." PBS went with "Amanda Gorman Inaugural Poem Banned from Florida School." Variety noted that "Amanda Gorman Book Sales Skyrocket in Sales Despite Florida Book Ban."

 

.

Quote

Gorman’s press release called on readers to donate to PEN America, which has written seminal and widely covered reports on the rise of "book banning" in America. According to PEN America, if a book has been temporarily removed for review and then returned to school library shelves, then it has been banned. If a book is no longer available in a middle school library but is available in a high school library, then, according to PEN America, it has been banned. If a book is taken off an assigned class reading list but continues to be in a school library, then, according to PEN America, it has been banned. If a book is removed from a library but is assigned in class, then, according to PEN America, it has been banned.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course one of the issues is that there’s not an infinite amount of space in a library. There has to be some decisions to pick and choose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This weekend being Memorial Day weekend, as one might expect the beer coolers and tortilla chip aisles at Walmart were hammered by Sunday night. 

Except the Bud Light section of the beer cooler, you could get all the Bud Light you ever wanted. 

Elsewhere it apparently is even worse;

bud light .jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talked to my son's boss Sunday:  their Coors/Miller sales are up over 25% from last year, which had been a very good year for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2023 at 4:47 PM, Ivanhoe said:

According to PEN America, if a book has been temporarily removed for review and then returned to school library shelves, then it has been banned. If a book is no longer available in a middle school library but is available in a high school library, then, according to PEN America, it has been banned. If a book is taken off an assigned class reading list but continues to be in a school library, then, according to PEN America, it has been banned. If a book is removed from a library but is assigned in class, then, according to PEN America, it has been banned.

Ok, so when I was a young'un and went to the library every week borrowing an armload of comics and books, I guess according to PEN America, I was actually banning books all along?  

Who knew?  Those limp dick Nazis were only banning books for 12 years, I have been doing it more than four times as long! I knew those guys were losers.

/s

Jeez, words used to have meaning. 

 

--
Soren

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2023 at 1:28 PM, sunday said:

Some people has no shame...

8825f1e1f3e4a393.jpeg

Oh yeah. The bomb threats are so much more on sides? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, rmgill said:

Oh yeah. The bomb threats are so much more on sides? 

Well, those could be very much against the law, so no smarts whatsoever.

Disrupting, more or less accidentally, the operations of a supermarket, OTOH...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...