Culture Wars

Burncycle360

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a placeholder post, of sorts, until I can find some toothsome content on the topic...

I have stumbled across Sir Roger Scruton's use of the term "culture of repudiation" a number of times in his work, which massively resonates with me. In my head I have been noticing an American cultural thing to reflexively reject all aspects of traditional America, amongst the middle and upper classes.

I've watched a couple of interviews of Scruton on Youtube. IMHO he doesn't get enough play here.

Vladimir Putin: I’ll protect Russia against Western liberalism like cancel culture and transgender rights

The Russian president compares the intolerance of woke warriors to the Bolsheviks of Russia's 1917 Revolution

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2021/10/22/putin-rails-against-cancel-culture-transgender-rights-promises/

I have been noticing an American cultural thing to reflexively reject all aspects of traditional America, amongst the middle and upper classes.

It is not an American cultural thing. It is just neo-Marxism.

Indoctrinated by media and Education complex.

Today I saw a black man wearing a black t shirt.

It said "All Lives Matter" on it, in white.

he didn't look very cancelled to me, but then again, he was in St Albans, not anywhere in the US.

14 hours ago, lucklucky said:

It is not an American cultural thing. It is just neo-Marxism.

Indoctrinated by media and Education complex.

I know, but I was going off my direct personal observation of family and friends. I.e. no wiggle room available to deny my assertion of a reflexive rejection instinct.

I have no doubt it is happening just about everywhere folks are trying to enjoy economic progress.

Self hate is a human mechanism exploited and reinforced by Marxism. For example in Art every work that do not have social critique is considered "celebratory" so not valued.

You notice in Media, the narrative of social problems in China only started when they started to prosper. If they all lived with a rice bowl no criticism would appear in Western media. They would be all "equal".

Well they are concerned with Power.  it is all that matters.

This is their way to construct power narratives they will control. 

You control the language => you control de narrative => you control what subjects matter  =>  you got power.

Think of them building various gangs with their entry rules and fidelity tests. It is a power structure. This is the another bureaucracy power structure being formalized. It is gender could be another.

With National Gender Strategy they can poor billions from taxpayers in the advocacy groups, unions, NGO etc that vote and are suppliers of Democratic party. 

Edited by lucklucky

5 hours ago, lucklucky said:

Now that President Biden and V.P. Harris have solved the COVID, Shipping & Logistics, Illegal alien /  border, crises I'm glad they found time to come up with a National Gender Strategy. How did the U.S. go almost 250 years with out a National Gender Strategy? 

Penis the female sexual organ

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-57853385

Several people got in touch with me to say there was a "huge problem" for lesbians, who were being pressured to "accept the idea that a penis can be a female sex organ".I knew this would be a hugely divisive subject, but I wanted to find out how widespread the issue was.Ultimately, it has been difficult to determine the true scale of the problem because there has been little research on this topic - only one survey to my knowledge. However, those affected have told me the pressure comes from a minority of trans women, as well as activists who are not necessarily trans themselves.They described being harassed and silenced if they tried to discuss the issue openly. I received online abuse myself when I tried to find interviewees using social media.

The Anglosphere is going mad,

I don't agree with the proposition that Sagan predicted the current junk science disaster.  He's almost 180 degrees out of phase of today's reality that we laymen are not allowed to be skeptical and question science.  His prediction is that laymen won't have enough intelligence about science to question it.  Turns out we do, what Sagan failed to predict is the religiosity of science and how it must be unquestioned.

Edited by DKTanker

The vast majority of people who "question" science are indeed incompetent to the point that they fail to get over the hurdle that is being "not even wrong".

The problem this causes is that people who do have legitimate questions are drowned in the soup of ignorance and woo.

Edited by DB