Culture Wars

Burncycle360

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"So, if implemented correctly, AI could actually theoretically solve for abundance."

Yeah, if implemented correctly. Theoretically.

You can stop right there.

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

"So, if implemented correctly, AI could actually theoretically solve for abundance."

Yeah, if implemented correctly. Theoretically.

You can stop right there.

Grime's is conceptually more workable from the idea of a post scarcity system ala Star Trek. 

Given she's Elon Musk's squeeze, she's probably been having some deep conversations about this. Her points are good for thinking about stuff. 

I'm amused that the woke communists are unhappy with the idea because they don't get to take from the rich. Which makes it about jealousy on their part. 

Edited by rmgill

3 hours ago, rmgill said:

I'm amused that the woke communists are unhappy with the idea because they don't get to take from the rich. Which makes it about jealousy on their part. 

You mean there were times when this wasn't the case?

Every die-hard leftist I ever discussed with was explicitly or implicitly fooled by the zero-sum fallacy, that there's a fixed amount of money to go around so whenever there's a rich guy he must have stolen it from someone poor.

2 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Every die-hard leftist I ever discussed with was explicitly or implicitly fooled by the zero-sum fallacy, that there's a fixed amount of money to go around so whenever there's a rich guy he must have stolen it from someone poor.

Communism, the ideology of systemized envy.

“Boris Johnson has suggested the world’s leading nations should support a more ‘gender-neutral and feminine’ way of post-COVID economic recovery.”

The leader of a supposed Conservative party. Does even he knows what words means?

14 minutes ago, lucklucky said:

“Boris Johnson has suggested the world’s leading nations should support a more ‘gender-neutral and feminine’ way of post-COVID economic recovery.”

The leader of a supposed Conservative party. Does even he knows what words means?

Apparently one of the side effects of Covid some people suffer is testicular shrivelage.

14 hours ago, lucklucky said:

Those words mean whatever he wants them to mean.  In this case, "Vote Conservative".  In terms of actual policy, they're just branding.

On 6/11/2021 at 3:34 AM, Ssnake said:

No, it's just more clear. They're presented with a status that means everyone is post scarcity and they're STILL upset someone has more. 

12 hours ago, R011 said:

Those words mean whatever he wants them to mean.  In this case, "Vote Conservative".  In terms of actual policy, they're just branding.

Or just not "bloody anti-semitic communist Labour"....

On 6/11/2021 at 2:34 AM, Ssnake said:

As always, the Left projects its own sins and moral failings on their enemies. The Left fantasizes constantly about taking wealth rather than working hard to create it, so they flog the robber baron myth of capitalism.

Einsteinian thought experiment;

Take 100 red-to-the-bone Marxists, drop them on a Pacific island with a surplus of 19th century tools, clothing, etc., and surround the island with a minefield. Check back on them in 10 years. I predict widespread murder, slavery, and cannibalism.

33 minutes ago, Ivanhoe said:

Take 100 red-to-the-bone Marxists, drop them on a Pacific island with a surplus of 19th century tools, clothing, etc., and surround the island with a minefield. Check back on them in 10 years. I predict widespread murder, slavery, and cannibalism.

Sounds like Stalin's Kolyma, only without guards, better weather, and more means like tools, clothing, etc. In Kolyma soon the hardened criminals, with the aquiescence of the guards went to oppress the "politicals"

1 hour ago, Ivanhoe said:

As always, the Left projects its own sins and moral failings on their enemies. The Left fantasizes constantly about taking wealth rather than working hard to create it, so they flog the robber baron myth of capitalism.

There is something in our millions of years old brain that makes the simple message of marxism so appealing to us, that if someone is richer than you, it's unfair and government needs to take from them to give to you.

That you need to acquire the skills and invest the effort to create your own wealth does not appeal to the lizard brain part of us. 

That's why I think limited government systems, like the American experiment, are at a great disadvantage.

Edited by Mikel2

1 hour ago, Mikel2 said:

There is something in our millions of years old brain that makes the simple message of marxism so appealing to us, that if someone is richer than you, it's unfair and government needs to take from them to give to you.

That you need to acquire the skills and invest the effort to create your own wealth does not appeal to the lizard brain part of us. 

That's why I think limited government systems, like the American experiment, are at a great disadvantage.

Folks who study mammals in general observe all sorts of non-ideal behavior; pretty much all the Old Testament stuff.

I will point out that Marxists talk about "The People" which is a facade for stupid violent mobs. Until the thugs kill off the self-appointed elites, after which the government is a thugocracy and mobs are met with organized, industrial violence.

Tomorrow is Juneteenth, the commemoration of June 19th, the day that the Union Army declared that slaves in Texas were free.

The best quip I've read so far is that Juneteenth celebrates the day when Republicans freed the slaves from Democrats.

And ironically, service members and civil servants have a paid day off, but not we contractors.