Culture Wars

Burncycle360

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One might ask, if America is a seething caldron of racism, why must people constantly manufacture fake hate crimes?

Are you trying to refer to the recent incident with NASCAR? No one manufactured anything there. A crewmember not from Bubba Watson's team, probably on edge given current events, reported something (probably following the adage of better safe than sorry). NASCAR called in the FBI. A quick investigation shows nothing was there. That announcement was made and it's been disseminated as such.

I'm also not seeing anyone not on the fringes call this country a 'seething caldron [sic] of racism'. There are lingering issues in some corners of the country. Some accusations of racism are better attributed to issues of being poor (with Blacks being the poorest ethnicity in the country).

In short we're still in search of a more perfect Union. Just because current events are encouraging some of the crazies on the Left to come forward doesn't mean we should dismiss the realities that still need to be addressed.

You completely missed a step, that of Bubba Wallace going off on social media about the "noose."

You have the entire Democratic Party machine, media, and followers talking about overwhelming systemic racism. People across the country are losing their jobs, being denied promotion, and at the very least bullied into silenced for questioning the LW orthodoxy you say exists only on the fringe.

What are these "realities" that must be addressed?

This is going off by him? Seems like a reasonable statement considering he was just informed a supposed noose was found in his garage and was being investigated.

Correction to my earlier post - I misread the article I was referencing when I mentioned who found the object. It actually was one of the mechanics from Wallace' crew (a black mechanic, FWIW, which might explain why he noticed it). The bit I was referring to was from the head of NASCAR stating there was no reason to believe Wallace or his crew was involved with putting it there.

As for these realities... you mentioned a few things folks are dealing with recently. Others on here have mentioned supposed troubles Conservatives have been dealing with in recent years... imagine that going back several decades. Imagine being denied a mortgage because of the color of your skin, losing out on a job because your name was spelled funny, being constantly stopped by police because you live in a poor neighborhood and it's easy to round up you and your neighbors for the most minor of infractions so the local DA can up his conviction count. The list goes on... and on... and on... and many of these issues have gone on for decades. I've brought up a few over the years here... if you're just asking now then you clearly haven't been paying much attention.

The really sad thing in all of this is the issues being brought forward by many protesters should be something Conservatives rally behind. Basic Constitutional rights being infringed upon because of your political leaning, color of your skin, or (lack of) income isn't right... and is something Conservatives could have been pouncing on for a while now. Instead, they haven't... and the Ds have picked up the slack (which I'll agree with most of you in that they haven't offered anything meaningful to help in doing so).

One might ask, if America is a seething caldron of racism, why must people constantly manufacture fake hate crimes?

Are you trying to refer to the recent incident with NASCAR? No one manufactured anything there. A crewmember not from Bubba Watson's team, probably on edge given current events, reported something (probably following the adage of better safe than sorry). NASCAR called in the FBI. A quick investigation shows nothing was there. That announcement was made and it's been disseminated as such.

I'm also not seeing anyone not on the fringes call this country a 'seething caldron [sic] of racism'. There are lingering issues in some corners of the country. Some accusations of racism are better attributed to issues of being poor (with Blacks being the poorest ethnicity in the country).

In short we're still in search of a more perfect Union. Just because current events are encouraging some of the crazies on the Left to come forward doesn't mean we should dismiss the realities that still need to be addressed.

You completely missed a step, that of Bubba Wallace going off on social media about the "noose."

You have the entire Democratic Party machine, media, and followers talking about overwhelming systemic racism. People across the country are losing their jobs, being denied promotion, and at the very least bullied into silenced for questioning the LW orthodoxy you say exists only on the fringe. The other day NPR shows video of a car running over a "protester" and calls that driver a racist RW extremist. Facts are a bitch, the driver was a black female who was being threatened by a "peaceful" protester aiming a pistol at her head whereupon she drove her car as quickly as possible out of danger. But yeah, the narrative must not be challenged. Are you being purposely obtuse, trolling, or are just a useful idiot for the left?

What are these "realities" that must be addressed?

He also did TV interviews where he insulted NASCAR fans and implied they were dumbass yokels, not to mention wearing BLM T-shirts. I'm sorry but BLM is not a peaceful organization that is compatible with the tenets of our Republic no matter how much gas lighting people try to pull on us.

You'll probably be worried to see poll results like this. Support for BLM jumped more in two weeks (this was from 2 weeks ago, if you go to the actual survey it's dropped a few points since) than it had in the previous two years. A majority of Americans clearly support it (52%) vs oppose it (30%).

To be fair I wouldn't read too much into this. Other articles I've seen discussing the issue highlight general support for basic rights as opposed to specifically being behind the BLM organization (which itself isn't necessarily tied to many of the rioters and vandals that have been taking advantage of the recent chaos).

it looks like Jussi Smollet, I mean Bubba Wallace is backtracking now.

I wonder when he will be banned from Nascar?

How is Wallace in any way like Smollet? Smollet hired the two men to 'attack' him. He staged everything and stuck to his story even after being called out.

Wallace played no part in the incident, didn't find it or report it himself, and afterwards when it was revealed to be nothing came out with this statement which, again, seems rather reasonable. In some interviews since he's expressed embarrassment over the whole thing. So... why the hell would he be banned from NASCAR?! :huh:

Edited by Skywalkre

so look, I will tell you the political calculation that I make. Many of the grievances that black people have are legitimate. It is not in my interest to support their position because their political affiliation is a direct threat to the nation as I know it. Team D is literally running around burning the country down in any area that they can get away with it. Your assertion that Democrats have "taken up the slack" is preposterous on its face. When was the last time that a Republican ran Chicago or Atlanta? The police unions are also a creature of the "D". Republicans have been denounced in society to the point where it is actually dangerous to identify as such. When was the last time "mob rule" was successful?

I appreciate your desire to remain balanced but it is a hollow act now. The United States of America elected a mixed race President twice. Now you try to tell me that we are irredeemably racist because we elected a President who wasn't black? The cities and streets are on fire controlled by mobs. All these statues and all these issues pre-date President Trump by many years. To use the current situation as a pretext for attacking Republicans seems disingenuous at best.

At the rate security is disintegrating who wins the next election may be a moot point. Do you think that the mob will go back to its cave if Sleepy Joe tells them to?

You wield your dangerous tool carelessly, now people are going to get hurt by it

I was posting my reply to your earlier post.

As far as Wallace goes both he and his staff saw what they wanted to see. He saw a racial attack when there simply wasn't one and threw an otherwise successful business into turmoil strictly because he couldn't be bothered to stop and think. Had anyone simply had the foresight to throw the piece of rope in the trash where it belonged without saying one word to anybody then neither group could've used the incident to inflame.

Now, here we are.

I am stepping out for a bit so don't take my absence as being rude

As for these realities... you mentioned a few things folks are dealing with recently. Others on here have mentioned supposed troubles Conservatives have been dealing with in recent years... imagine that going back several decades. Imagine being denied a mortgage because of the color of your skin, losing out on a job because your name was spelled funny, being constantly stopped by police because you live in a poor neighborhood and it's easy to round up you and your neighbors for the most minor of infractions so the local DA can up his conviction count. The list goes on... and on... and on... and many of these issues have gone on for decades. I've brought up a few over the years here... if you're just asking now then you clearly haven't been paying much attention.

60 years now and you leftists have managed to make things worse, not better. But that was the plan all along, wasn't it? By 1964 the education gap between whites and blacks was almost a statistical error, it's now as wide as ever. Before 1964 blacks had a thriving middle class rivaling that of their white neighbors, now that's all gone. During the great depression blacks had a higher marriage rate than whites and a higher level of two parent households. Now gone with the wind. You and your ilk know so much better what's good for blacks than they do, you're going to tear down a statue FREED SLAVES paid to have made. Your paternalistic type of racism sickens me.

Good to see Peterson back on his feet. Was a little worried there a few months back.

Good to see Peterson back on his feet. Was a little worried there a few months back.

You know someone is telling the truth when both the far right and far left hate them. The responses by both when he went into rehab were sickening.

Neither of my black neighbors were denied a mortgage based on the color of their skin. They both walked out of their mortgages, though.

BLM isnt asking for equality. They are asking for a Nazi Germany (early 1930s, after Kristallnacht but before the camps) style racial superiority and in many sections of the country have achieved it.

Neither of my black neighbors were denied a mortgage based on the color of their skin. They both walked out of their mortgages, though.

BLM isnt asking for equality. They are asking for a Nazi Germany (early 1930s, after Kristallnacht but before the camps) style racial superiority and in many sections of the country have achieved it.

The camps will come later, they always come.

The camps will come later, they always come.

Yes, they do.

Only silly people continue to make the claim that people are denied mortgages based upon the color of their skin. In the 1990s, shortly after Bill Clinton assumed office, the federal government pushed banks to sell mortgages to minorities at reduced interest rates in increasing numbers. Coincidentally I was purchasing a home at the same time however, because of my white privilege, I was allowed to purchase a mortgage 1.5 percentage points higher than those who didn't have white privilege.

My experience as a realtor, being in a real estate family and in light of the housing market crash has taught me this: not everyone is cut out to own their own home. And that is not a bad thing. I sleep well at night knowing my sub-prime clients never closed, in spite of my previous frustrations then.

We could start making lower rents tax deductible to make it easier on those struggling to break out of section 8 land.

Only silly people continue to make the claim that people are denied mortgages based upon the color of their skin. In the 1990s, shortly after Bill Clinton assumed office, the federal government pushed banks to sell mortgages to minorities at reduced interest rates in increasing numbers. Coincidentally I was purchasing a home at the same time however, because of my white privilege, I was allowed to purchase a mortgage 1.5 percentage points higher than those who didn't have white privilege.

Well, Barney Frank did his level best to enable all the bad loans and the banks fell all over themselves dishing out crappy mortgages because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would buy them up so the burden was always on the taxpayer. Just another form of subsidized housing for the poor really.

Well, Barney Frank did his level best to enable all the bad loans and the banks fell all over themselves dishing out crappy mortgages because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would buy them up so the burden was always on the taxpayer. Just another form of subsidized housing for the poor really.

Until they foreclosed and repossessed.

US Embassy in Moscow decided to demonstrate something, not sure what was the intention but reaction to it in Russia was predictable

105960535_2565179043743550_2319648290018

Who ever did that should be immediately and permanently fired!

Some odds and ends of culture.

The rise in violent crime parallels the rise in families abandoned by fathers. High-crime neighborhoods are characterized by high concentrations of families abandoned by fathers. State-by-state analysis by Heritage scholars indicates that a 10 percent increase in the percentage of children living in single-parent homes leads typically to a 17 percent increase in juvenile crime.
The rate of violent teenage crime corresponds with the number of families abandoned by fathers.The type of aggression and hostility demonstrated by a future criminal often is foreshadowed in unusual aggressiveness as early as age five or six.
The future criminal tends to be an individual rejected by other children as early as the first grade who goes on to form his own group of friends, often the future delinquent gang.
On the other hand, neighborhoods with a high degree of religious practice are not high-crime neighborhoods. Even in high-crime inner-city neighborhoods, well over 90 percent of children from safe, stable homes do not become delinquents. By contrast only 10 percent of children from unsafe, unstable homes in these neighborhoods avoid crime. Criminals capable of sustaining marriage gradually move away from a life of crime after they get married.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Violent crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, supported by the Clinton Administration perfectly embodies official Washington's thinking about crime. It provides for billions of dollars in new spending, adding 15 new social programs on top of a welfare system that has cost taxpayers more than $5 trillion since the "War on poverty" was declared in 1965. There is no reason to suppose the programs will have any significant effect. Since 1965, welfare spending has increased 800 percent in real terms, while the number of major felonies per capita today is roughly three times the rate before 1960. As Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) says, "If social spending stopped crime we would be the safest country in the world."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 2018, about 4.7 percent of married-couple families in the U.S. lived below the poverty level. For single parent families the percentage was 33%.
Among Americans who claim a religious affiliation 65 percent give to charity, which is more than non-religious Americans.
Edited by Rick

60 years now and you leftists have managed to make things worse, not better. But that was the plan all along, wasn't it? By 1964 the education gap between whites and blacks was almost a statistical error, it's now as wide as ever. Before 1964 blacks had a thriving middle class rivaling that of their white neighbors, now that's all gone. During the great depression blacks had a higher marriage rate than whites and a higher level of two parent households. Now gone with the wind. You and your ilk know so much better what's good for blacks than they do, you're going to tear down a statue FREED SLAVES paid to have made. Your paternalistic type of racism sickens me.

As one Russian commenter pointed out, “before 1960th black Americans were demanding equal opportunities – while now they demand privileges”

US Embassy in Moscow decided to demonstrate something, not sure what was the intention but reaction to it in Russia was predictable

105960535_2565179043743550_2319648290018

Who ever did that should be immediately and permanently fired!

Seems like action was directly forbidden by President Trump - so probably US Embassy in Moscow is not controlled by him

https://youtu.be/wH1Y6Jpasx0

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/06/25/us-embassy-in-moscow-flies-gay-pride-flag-a70696

"Earlier this month, U.S. President Donald Trump banned the country’s embassies from flying the rainbow flag during June, which is celebrated as LGBT Pride month around the world. Because the ban only applies to official flagpoles, embassies have placed the flag inside their buildings and hung it on exterior walls as workarounds."

Action was supported by allies

https://news.ru/en/society/lgbt-flag-appears-on-uk-embassy-building-in-moscow/

LGBT flag appears on UK embassy building in Moscow

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/black-lives-matter-fundraising-handled-by-group-with-convicted-terrorist-on-its-board

The co-founder of Black Lives Matter names a convicted cop killer as one of her heroes, and the BLM national organization is fiscally sponsored through a leftist group whose board of directors includes a convicted terrorist.

Alicia Garza, one of three co-founders of the Black Lives Matter national organization, has repeatedly talked about how convicted cop killer and wanted domestic terrorist Joanne Chesimard, also known as Assata Shakur, is one of her main inspirations. Susan Rosenberg, a member of the board of directors for the left-wing Thousand Currents group, which handles the intake of donations made to Black Lives Matter, is a convicted terrorist who, among other things, was suspected of helping Shakur escape from prison.

Rosenberg, who was listed as the vice chairwoman of the board of directors for Thousand Currents until the webpage was pulled down this week, as first reported by the Capital Research Center, had been a member of the radical leftist revolutionary militant group known as the May 19th Communist Organization, affiliated with the Weather Underground terrorist group and other radicals. She was convicted on weapons and explosives charges and sentenced to 58 years in prison, serving 16 years before being pardoned by President Bill Clinton in January 2001.

Lucky bastard.