tanknet.org

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished 'The Last Narc' miniseries about the 'Kiki' Camarena case (DEA agent that was murdered in Mexico), very disturbing.   I was somewhat familiar with the case but the involvement of everyone from the CIA to the upper levels of the Mexican government was laid out very effectively with lots of eyewitness testimony.  Chilling. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12163674/

2 hours ago, TBeyer said:

I just finished 'The Last Narc' miniseries about the 'Kiki' Camarena case (DEA agent that was murdered in Mexico), very disturbing.   I was somewhat familiar with the case but the involvement of everyone from the CIA to the upper levels of the Mexican government was laid out very effectively with lots of eyewitness testimony.  Chilling. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12163674/

I remember that name from the last season of Narcos.  I'll have to check it out.

1 hour ago, bojan said:

1st season of Narcos:Mexico is based on that.

2nd season.

1st season was about Escobar. 

Different series :)

Narcos 1st and 2nd seasons are about Escobar, 3rd is about Cali cartel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcos

Narcos:Mexico 1st and 2nd seasons is about Sinaloa cartel (and not just them) and tells story about Kiki Camarena in the 1st season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcos:_Mexico

Edited by bojan

OHHH

I hate to say this, but it's been so long since I watched the show, it's all kind of a blur.  

Edited by Stargrunt6
  • 2 weeks later...

Technically 2019 series but its received a lot of attention in the marketing around train stations and such and with a movie of it coming out this month, its been on TV again. So watched some of a 2 hour special recently on TV. Animes of these kinds have a common sort of pattern to them but it's been a long time since I watched any anime. A bit refreshing surprisingly. Might check out more of it.

Just finished the first season (8 episodes) of 'La Revolution' on Netflix - horror movie set during the French Revolution period in the 1780s.   Kind of a mix of 'The Brotherhood of the Wolf' and 'The Walking Dead' with some 'Fearless Vampire Killers' thrown in.   I give it a B-, mainly because I like that period of history and they made good use of the costumes, architecture, technology, etc. of that era.   Some decent skirmishes, lots of beheadings, and some voodoo too.   But they spend too much time on the social justice theme (I get enough of that on the news), I could see most of the plot twists coming, the 'blue blood' thing was too obvious, and for a French production I expected more sex.  A minor complaint - I don't mind subtitles if the story is good, the main problem is missing something while trying to read the subtitles.  For some reason I had more problems with this series due to quite a bit of dialogue and the scene moving on before I could finish reading the subtitles, and had to rewind to finish reading them a few times.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13044528/

Edited by TBeyer
possible spoiler removed
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, BansheeOne said:

SyFy has had "Wynona Earp" on with three episodes at a time twice per week. I love it, it's like "Buffy" on meth, with open carry. 😁

In you backyard, it has finally filtered down to us Deutschland, which is a bit silly but it's a fine trip down memory lane to the 80s. Points for using NATO exercise names for the episodes' titles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutschland_83

Deutschland '83 is reasonably decent, '86 also. Not superb, but still watchable with a surprisingly large number of real-life references such as the purchase of the Rosa Luxemburg cruise liner, the La Belle bombing, the GDR's practice to separate children from their parents if they attempted to flee the GDR, and to sell their supposedly AIDS-free blood plasma to the west, and to perform pharma studies on unsuspecting GDR citizens. Throw in a sprinkle of Apartheid, gun running, Rocky Horror Show, and Angola - and it made a spy thriller drama that may be absurdist but turns out to be surprisingly close to the facts.

'89, well, after I read the recent reviews, I decided to abstain.

3 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

SyFy has had "Wynona Earp" on with three episodes at a time twice per week. I love it, it's like "Buffy" on meth, with open carry. 😁

I love it. Its completely nuts, but its brilliant. The episode where the long dead Batt Masterson turns up to arrest the long undead Doc Holliday was hilarious.

48 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Deutschland '83 is reasonably decent, '86 also. Not superb, but still watchable with a surprisingly large number of real-life references such as the purchase of the Rosa Luxemburg cruise liner, the La Belle bombing, the GDR's practice to separate children from their parents if they attempted to flee the GDR, and to sell their supposedly AIDS-free blood plasma to the west, and to perform pharma studies on unsuspecting GDR citizens. Throw in a sprinkle of Apartheid, gun running, Rocky Horror Show, and Angola - and it made a spy thriller drama that may be absurdist but turns out to be surprisingly close to the facts.

'89, well, after I read the recent reviews, I decided to abstain.

I gave up after the first series. It was ok, but it was something of a missed opportunity.

There is another German drama series on here at the moment, 'Under the same sky', something do with a family in East Germany, and the Son operating as a spy in the west. Is it any good? Its about 3 episodes in and im reluctant to drop in on something without seeing the beginning.

2 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

I love it. Its completely nuts, but its brilliant. The episode where the long dead Batt Masterson turns up to arrest the long undead Doc Holliday was hilarious.

I gave up after the first series. It was ok, but it was something of a missed opportunity.

There is another German drama series on here at the moment, 'Under the same sky', something do with a family in East Germany, and the Son operating as a spy in the west. Is it any good? Its about 3 episodes in and im reluctant to drop in on something without seeing the beginning.

I watch it and enjoy it because it IS that Nutty...but what episode it Matt Bastardson show up in?