T-14 Armata In Syria

Dawes

I've just seen this video posted on youtube.

https://youtu.be/j1DVpQ1FByw

More than just covering the T-14 deployment, the report also covers various firefights in Syria in general and a seeming changing of tactics with the remaining ISIS groups.

Yes I remember the Best Defense move with Eddie Murphy. It actually featured a real presumably ex-Iranian M47M very briefly! Don't know where they got the sound effects for the tank from though...

More than just covering the T-14 deployment, the report also covers various firefights in Syria in general and a seeming changing of tactics with the remaining ISIS groups.

Quickly scrolling through the video, there does not seem to be footage of the T-14 in Syria at all in there.

Indeed.

Now consider somewhat "less advanced" tanks like T-90's, they attracted alot of attention when they were recent additions to the armoured vehicle park in the region. Lots of pictures and videos. And yet not a single image showing the T-14 Armata anywhere (or at least not yet).

In which case why say its there when it isn't? Very curious indeed...

Quickly scrolling through the video, there does not seem to be footage of the T-14 in Syria at all in there.

The Armata was definitely not in Syria. What should he to prove there, what can only be to prove there? No, that doesn't make sense.

Marketing, I think. Transporting a T-14 to Syria and putting it in harms way means they can semi-truthfully claim it to be "battle proven" in the product brochure. Customers like to see that kind of thing.

The Armata was definitely not in Syria. What should he to prove there, what can only be to prove there? No, that doesn't make sense.

Marketing, I think. Transporting a T-14 to Syria and putting it in harms way means they can semi-truthfully claim it to be "battle proven" in the product brochure. Customers like to see that kind of thing.

At least in the west, countries share insights and strategies with one another to help build up trust and capability, and interoperability.

The "combat proven" label really doesn't hold any weight compared with a good reveal of relevant combat data and proof to relevant people.

At this point, it's such a gimmick in the west that many don't even bother putting that sticker on unless it's extensively used.

Not really. But then again, do you really stand to gain anything if you claim a vehicle has been deployed to a certain active war zone when it actually hasn't? Lots of people have camera phones these days so if there's no evidence of a tank (or other large load covered with tarp) arriving, well I must say it just doesn't make sense. Any future claims about how capable the system is, what it can do...might well be cast with a high percentage of doubt.

Disinformation was a key thing during the Cold War for sure. I've read stories of tanks having fake missiles or other vismod/fake features put on them to make them look like they are something else. Just how true those tales were is open to question, but it wouldn't shock me in the least. I guess we're back to that kind of "game" then.

Still, if the SU-57 was deployed there, I have to wonder...

Surprised by Rus disinformation??

• 2 weeks later...

They have been testing other stuff there, so I can't imagine them not taking the opportunity, but it likely was used the south and not aggressively to ensure it was not disabled and captured. Likely sat back and plinked targets. But a real world test would be useful.