Lightening The Marine Corps

shep854

With the stroke of a pen, more damage was done to the USMC and national security than China, Korea, Iran or Russia could have ever dreamed of.

All that experience, all the knowledge, all the cohesion built up through decades of working together... gone forever once they cycle out and move on. Even if saner heads prevail years down the road and attempt to resurrect it, they'll have to relearn from scratch, in the midst of war I'm sure.

What a waste.

Forrestal may have been wrong. :(

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/07/21/marine-corps-begins-shutdown-of-all-tank-battalions.html?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EBB%2007.22.20&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Military%20-%20Early%20Bird%20Brief

tanks-depart-29-palms-3000.jpg?itok=MkJY​

I have to say, as a taxpayer and a Marine Corps officer, that I hope all these guys obtain interservice transfers to the army as tankers. We are going to need them again and perhaps sooner than we think

Edited by Ken Estes

• 2 weeks later...

Look on the bright side Ken, he is going to have to hustle to get them all out in 6 months. I dont see that level of organization present in this administration, do you?

You declare them out, or the Army sends them off to exercise and they slowly return without fanfare.

• 2 months later...

I'm glad to see this one:

'Marines Make Excellent Soldiers': Over Half a Marine Tank Company Just Joined the Army National Guard | Military.com

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/09/16/marines-make-excellent-soldiers-over-half-marine-tank-company-just-joined-army-national-guard.html 

It's my hope that all USMC tankers and technicians will take the interservice transfer to the Army. That way, when we need them again, they just might come back into the fold.