Turkish Airstrikes On Syrian Afvs

Marsh

On You Tube there is a lengthy series of clips of Turkish airstrikes on Syrian AFVs, transporters the odd bridge etc. Mainly tanks being taken out. The video is of an exceptionally high standard. I don't recollect anything as clear as this being released by other air forces.

See -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3f0N-mJsbI&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1bwjJLqL9AJOpo9dGiVbZDXK5iXeUXMSZZqoWbSKArDc8ROQzKzL7dNqQ

Cheers

Marsh

Edited by Marsh

Thanks Marsh, that is really excellent quality.

Any thoughts on what the video platform is? I dont recongise the symbology.

Me neither I am afraid.

Tom Cooper posted that they were from drones, whatever munition they are using is rather small (you see guys walking away from explosions where frag of a gravity bomb would have gotten them). The Russians won't let the Turkish Air Force fly over Syria.

The Russians won't let the Turkish Air Force fly over Syria.

That's the theory. But can it be that the distances are short enough that it is possible that the Turks can release missiles from within their airspace?

Yes, they certainly can, but as mentioned above, the drones are cheap (and already have claimed 450 kills) and the ammo is smaller than Mk-80 bombs

I would have guessed drone, too, judging by the occasional image filter warnings displayed and the size of the video imagery.

A video sensor used strictly for targeting wouldn't need to be so wide angle nor distract the pilot with image filter warnings. Since a drone operator has to use video to pilot the drone and survey the ground, the wide angle and awareness of filter conditions are more important.

Did it seem like some of the sequences had the frame or two removed just before impact, when the target was distant enough that the munition would have appeared in-frame?

• 4 weeks later...

I am guessing Syrian and Russian forces are developing plans for the next offensive, shooting down Turkish drones is one thing, but a manned aircraft may be to much, the question is will Turkey push manned aircraft into the spotting role to force that issue or in the hopes one gets shot down so they can attack Syrian forces again?