• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, nitflegal said:

Nope, the problem with immortality is it takes forever.

This definitely grants a trip to Transylvania to learn from the people that have been doing this in practice.

5 hours ago, jmsaari said:

image seems broken, or doesnt show for me at least...

When that happens, you can usually right-click the link and open in a new window. The board software sometimes just randomly gives up trying to embed images and video within a post.

7 minutes ago, Stefan Fredriksson said:

Ding-ding, motherlovers!

3rd shot taken. Pfizer. First two were Moderna. Most curious if I get that squishy lump in armpit from Pfizer too.

Are you going to change your user icon to one of those virtue exhorting "I'm vaccinated" emblems ? 

32 minutes ago, Stefan Fredriksson said:

Ding-ding, motherlovers!

3rd shot taken. Pfizer. First two were Moderna. Most curious if I get that squishy lump in armpit from Pfizer too.

Lump? Consider stopping short of worshipping the V-8.

In other news, Bryan Adams, Canadian musician and photographer, enjoyed Covid so much earlier in November, he has contracted it for a second time this month.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bryan-adams-covid-positive-1262978/

Bryan Adams has tested positive for Covid-19 after arriving in Milan ahead of the unveiling of the 2022 Pirelli calendar, which he photographed. This marks the second time the singer has caught the virus in the past month.

“Here I am, just arrived in Milano, and I’ve tested positive for the second time in a month for Covid,” Adams wrote in an Instagram post. “So it’s off to the hospital for me. Thanks for all your support.”

How's that natural immunity working out, Bryan?

Edited by DKTanker

48 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

In other news, Bryan Adams, Canadian musician and photographer, enjoyed Covid so much earlier in November, he has contracted it for a second time this month.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bryan-adams-covid-positive-1262978/

How's that natural immunity working out, Bryan?

Everything he does, he does it for you :)

1 hour ago, DKTanker said:

To be fair, it's quite unlikely he really contracted it two times in this instance. It's probably some residual RNA from his first infection that triggered the test. In some weird conditions, PCR tests can go positive weeks after an infection still.

Concerning natural immunity & vaccines:

My boss, who already had Covid last winter and got his regular BioNTech double vaccine in the summer, got a textbook breakthrough infection now together with his entire family. It probably got into the house through the unvaccinated school children (daughter fell ill first) and then hit the vaccinated parents. Nothing too bad, but it still knocked them down into bed for a solid two weeks. Luckily, we didn't have any further infections from him at work. 

I am frankly stunned and terrified that a seasonal virus is displaying mutations and new variants are arising.  It is almost like we will need to learn to live with Covid for the forseeable future with new variants arising continuously and moving through the population, kinda like every other known breakthrough pathogenic virus.  That's crazy talk though as the experts on TV with illustrious degrees in communications and sociology told me otherwise. . . 

It's still unclear if it will really outcompete Delta in populations with substantial immunity (vaccinated or previously infected). If it does, virologists are currently expecting some, but not complete immune escape, so current vaccinations will probably still work, but slightly less so than with previous variants.

Same as with Delta, but more so, we can expect larger numbers of breakthrough infections the longer ago the vaccination occured. For countries, this could mean a still increased importance of closing vaccination gaps in the population as well as increasing the speed of booster vaccinations.

Oh, and they're calling it Omicron now. 

SwR3Qpm.png

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

46 minutes ago, nitflegal said:

I am frankly stunned and terrified that a seasonal virus is displaying mutations and new variants are arising.  It is almost like we will need to learn to live with Covid for the forseeable future with new variants arising continuously and moving through the population, kinda like every other known breakthrough pathogenic virus.  That's crazy talk though as the experts on TV with illustrious degrees in communications and sociology told me otherwise. . . 

You kinda predicted this back in October mind. I think many of us here and out there in the wider world are expecting this to be more of a regular thing. As to the way in which it's so good at going at humans...well, take that up with the folks who did the gain of function research with the humanized lung cells mice. 

4 hours ago, RETAC21 said:

Everything he does, he does it for you :)

I Do It for You

Worst Bryan Adams song ever!

Fun fact, in the summer of 69 Bryan Adams was 9 years old.

Edited by 17thfabn