On 7/20/2021 at 3:01 PM, Angrybk said:

Pay Trump $20 million to do a PSA on Fox News about how the vaccines are all due to his tireless efforts in 2020 and everybody should get the Trump Vaccine. Problem solved, tens of thousands of lives saved. 

Someone heard you. 😁 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, jmsaari said:

Vaccines do work extremely well for preventing severe disease and pretty good for infections (with some caveats), but only for people who've taken them.

Obviously the WH and CDC don't believe vaccines work, else why demand that the vaccinated kneel in fealty as well?

26 minutes ago, Angrybk said:

I wish more Republican pols were doing this — total win-win. 

I wish the current administration hadn't so thoroughly trashed, denigrated, and attacked the vaccines last year.  Said administration need only reach out to the loyal opposition, admit their treachery, and ask for help and I'm sure help would be forth coming.  It might also help if the current administration wasn't so fascisitic, what with their calls for censorship and banishment for all that don't kneel.  Come to think of it, they soiled their bed, they can clean it themselves.

1 hour ago, DKTanker said:

I wish the current administration hadn't so thoroughly trashed, denigrated, and attacked the vaccines last year.  Said administration need only reach out to the loyal opposition, admit their treachery, and ask for help and I'm sure help would be forth coming.  It might also help if the current administration wasn't so fascisitic, what with their calls for censorship and banishment for all that don't kneel.  Come to think of it, they soiled their bed, they can clean it themselves.

I have to repost this:

I wonder how many people she killed?

My wife and I wear cloth masks and drop them into a mesh laundry bag at the door. Four 3-packs of masks from Uniqlo have worked nicely throughout. 

The single-use masks we wear underneath the cloth ones get discarded after each use in a trash bag at the door.

11 hours ago, jmsaari said:

Masks don't work particularly well but they work some, and are very cheap, easy way for some benefit

Vaccines do work extremely well for preventing severe disease and pretty good for infections (with some caveats), but only for people who've taken them.

Is that why the CDC is saying that vaccinated should wear masks again now? The guidance came out today.

5 minutes ago, rmgill said:

Is that why the CDC is saying that vaccinated should wear masks again now? The guidance came out today.

Evidently the CDC believes a dirty face diaper has greater efficacy than the vaccines.  All that time and treasure wasted on vaccines when all along all one needed was a ratty piece of cloth across the face.

8 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

The fact that people are arguing about what was really said on the Titanic rather than taking the cartoon for a joke kinda makes its point. 

Remembering that there was lots of 2nd and 3rd hand accounts after the disaster. And not to mention there was a simple dearth of lifeboats to go around for everyone (20 Lifeboats sufficient for 1178 people vs the 2,208 on board). Lots of reasons why folks might not have taken to lifeboats. Including directions from the officers controlling it.

One of the key things was that one officer interpreted the rule as women and children only and lowered boats with empty seats if no women and children were waiting on that boat.

Oh look, mixed messaging and inconsistent rules even by those in charge...sound familiar?

Launch of the lifeboats

Lifeboat tally
Boat Aboard   Boat Aboard
  2 17   1 12
  4 30   3 32
  6 23   5 36
  8 27   7 28
10 58   9 40
12 42 11 50
14 40 13 56
16 53 15 71
B (30) A 13
D 20 C 43
Total: 340 Total: 378

It was not until about 12:40 a.m., an hour after Titanic struck the iceberg at 11:40 p.m. on 14 April, that the first lifeboat was lowered into the sea. The boats were lowered in sequence, from the middle forward then aft, with First Officer William McMaster Murdoch, Third Officer Herbert Pitman and Fifth Officer Harold Lowe working on the starboard side, and Chief Officer Henry Tingle Wilde and Second Officer Charles Lightoller working on the port side, with the assistance of Captain Smith. The collapsible boats were dealt with last, as they could not be launched until the forward davits were clear.[26]

Smith had ordered his officers to put the "women and children in and lower away".[27] However, Murdoch and Lightoller interpreted the evacuation order differently: Murdoch as women and children first, while Lightoller as women and children only. Lightoller lowered lifeboats with empty seats if there were not any women and children waiting to board, while Murdoch only allowed a limited number of men to board if all the nearby women and children had already embarked. This had a significant effect on the survival rates of the men aboard Titanic, whose chances of survival came to depend on which side of the ship they tried to find lifeboat seats.[28]

Two contemporary estimates were given for the number of occupants in each lifeboat, one by the British inquiry that followed the disaster, and one by survivor Archibald Gracie, who obtained accounts and data from other survivors. However, the figures given – 854 persons and 795 persons respectively – far exceed the confirmed number of 712 survivors, due to confusion and misreporting. Some occupants were transferred between boats before being picked up by RMS Carpathia.[29] More recent research has helped to produce estimates of the number of occupants that are closer to the total number of survivors rescued by Carpathia.[30]

1 minute ago, DKTanker said:

Evidently the CDC believes a dirty face diaper has greater efficacy than the vaccines.  All that time and treasure wasted on vaccines when all along all one needed was a ratty piece of cloth across the face.

I give it a week before articles pop up blaming Trump for the ineffectiveness of the vaccines that the Biden Admin was only a week ago taking credit for.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/26/france-wuhan-lab-david-asher-state-department/

In 2015, French intelligence officials warned the U.S. State Department and their own foreign ministry that China was cutting back on agreed collaboration at the lab, former State official David Asher, now a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute think tank, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

By 2017, the French “were kicked out” of the lab and cooperation ceased, leading French officials to warn the State Department that they had grave concerns as to Chinese motivations, according to Asher.

The State Department alleged in January 2021, at the end of the Trump administration, that the Wuhan lab had engaged in classified research on behalf of the Chinese military since at least 2017.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-police-covid-illegal-immigrants-whataburger

Authorities in South Texas said Tuesday they've learned that illegal immigrants who have possibly tested positive for COVID-19 were being released from federal custody to a Catholic charity, which booked hotel rooms for them without notifying local officials. 

The La Joya Police Department said a patrol officer was waved down Monday by someone concerned about a group that appeared to be sick at a Whataburger fast food restaurant. The officer found a family inside who were coughing and sneezing and not adhering to health guidelines, including the wearing of masks, authorities said during a news conference.

A manager told the officer they wanted the people to leave the establishment because they were making everyone inside "uneasy." When the officer approached the migrants, they said they had tested positive for the coronavirus and had been apprehended by Border Patrol agents several days prior before being released. 

1 minute ago, jmsaari said:

Rather significant fraction of the population has not been vaccinated. 

What has that to do with those of us that have been?  Again, is the vaccine efficacious or not?  If it is, what frightens you in the night?  If not, why not admit the great hoax?

1 hour ago, rmgill said:

So we now have the delta variant spreading considerably more aggressively among the not insignificant non-vaccinated population, plus it's starting to look like the immunity is coming down rather more rapidly over time in those places where the booster jab was given few weeks (as opposed to few months) after the first one. Just one study, was covered in one of Dr Campbell's recent videos, but immunity against mild/asymptomatic starts to drop clearly already in half a year if the 2 shots were spaced only by a few weeks. That together with the delta & large fraction of unvaccinated in the population who remain vulnerable to also the severe disease would make the mask policy seem pretty logical. 

Edited by jmsaari

8 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

What has that to do with those of us that have been?  Again, is the vaccine efficacious or not?  If it is, what frightens you in the night?  If not, why not admit the great hoax?

just a wild guess but i would imagine it might just be that the CDC perhaps does not share you disregard for the unvaccinated......................

Just now, jmsaari said:

just a wild guess but i would imagine it might just be that the CDC perhaps does not share you disregard for the unvaccinated......................

What has that to do with their guidelines mandating masking for the vaccinated as well as the unvaccinated?  Moreover, why should anybody give regard, much less give up their freedom, to people that refuse to be vaccinated? Yes, I think we all understand, you're a statist with fealty to the state before oneself.  So it is hardly surprising that my queries fall on deaf ears.

8 minutes ago, jmsaari said:

So we now have the delta variant spreading considerably more aggressively among the not insignificant non-vaccinated population, plus it's starting to look like the immunity is coming down rather more rapidly over time in those places where the booster jab was given few weeks (as opposed to few months) after the first one. Just one study, was covered in one of Dr Campbell's recent videos, but immunity against mild/asymptomatic starts to drop clearly already in half a year if the 2 shots were spaced only by a few weeks. That together with the delta & large fraction of unvaccinated in the population who remain vulnerable to also the severe disease would make the mask policy seem pretty logical. 

So, vaccination doesn't work and masks are clearly not that effective either.

So....wear a mask forever?

Conversely, when you dig around, you find longitudinal studies that track that while CD4 and CD8 Tcell immunity and Spike IgG and IgM antibodies drop off, Spike IgG+ B Cell immunity increases.

So. the large fraction of unvaccinated but who had it already aren't vulnerable as you think. You can tell that from just looking at New York's Infection rate vs it's vaccination rate. New York had it go through the state like wildfire. I suspect lots of folks are walking around with innate immunity which wasn't acquired through vaccine. But there's not a general assay for the Immune Memory Cells.

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports-medicine/fulltext/S2666-3791(21)00203-2

10 minutes ago, jmsaari said:

Horsehockey!

3 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

What has that to do with their guidelines mandating masking for the vaccinated as well as the unvaccinated?  Moreover, why should anybody give regard, much less give up their freedom, to people that refuse to be vaccinated? Yes, I think we all understand, you're a statist with fealty to the state before oneself.  So it is hardly surprising that my queries fall on deaf ears.

Once again, masks do very little to protect the wearer (unless it's FFP2 or better), it's mostly to reduce the rate of spreaing if you're a mild/asymptomatic carrier. Secondly, are you suggesting to refuse hospital admission for unvaccinated COVID patients? If not, it's very much everyone's problem, not just of those who for whatever reason are unvaccinated.

Delta just invcentivizes vaccination. If you refuse to, that's ok. But the nanobot controlled zombies aren't going to indulge you forever. Delta has driven or vaccination from lethargic to frantic.