• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it interesting that nobody in the media, hell, seems like nobody at all, has the intellectual curiosity to ask how it came to be that three fully vaccinated people, from one small disparate group, simultaneously contracted and tested positive for Covid 19.

11 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

I find it interesting that nobody in the media, hell, seems like nobody at all, has the intellectual curiosity to ask how it came to be that three fully vaccinated people, from one small disparate group, simultaneously contracted and tested positive for Covid 19.

As far as I know, these "vaccines" only suppress the symptoms, they don't prevent you from being infected with covid, or from infecting other people (although asymptomatic people are far less infectious).  I don't believe any of these people have developed a severe case of covid.

I would be much more interested in hearing how many rules these people have violated in their escapade.

6 minutes ago, Mikel2 said:

As far as I know, these "vaccines" only suppress the symptoms, they don't prevent you from being infected with covid, or from infecting other people (although asymptomatic people are far less infectious).  I don't believe any of these people have developed a severe case of covid.

I would be much more interested in hearing how many rules these people have violated in their escapade.

See JWB link:

"The vaccines were 90 percent effective at blocking infections — symptomatic and asymptomatic — in people who had two doses of the vaccine, and 80 percent effective in people who had one dose.

That means there was a 90 percent decrease in infections in people who were fully vaccinated compared with a similar unvaccinated group of people.

Studies like this show that the mRNA vaccines greatly reduce infections, but these are just two of the vaccines available.

While all the approved vaccines offer strong protection against severe COVID-19 and hospitalization, the Oxford-AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines block fewer infections than do the mRNA vaccines.

None of the vaccines are 100 percent effective at preventing infections. So even if people don’t get very sick with COVID-19, they may still contract an infection and can potentially transmit the virus to others."

Actually I see five of the absconded Texas lawmakers have now tested positive, but out of at least 51, that's still a 90-percent-plus effectivity. Add that none of the infected seem to have severe symptoms, and the stuff is working exactly as advertized. 

4 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

Actually I see five of the absconded Texas lawmakers have now tested positive, but out of at least 51, that's still a 90-percent-plus effectivity. Add that none of the infected seem to have severe symptoms, and the stuff is working exactly as advertized. 

Depending on the value of "advertised" of course. For we normies, concepts such as X% effectiveness in preventing clinical infection etc. is graspable stuff. But the hoi polloi were promised 100% effectiveness in infection prevention and 0% transmissibility by the talking haircuts on TV*.

* Performance metrics only achievable once Trump was out of office, of course.

I never saw anyone promising such utopies, actually. All the breathlesness was about how far this or that vaccine would exceed 90 percent effectivity, followed by confusion about whether that meant no infections, no sickness or no hospitalization/death. 

8 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

Completely missing the point that they the five tested positive within a 72 hour window.  It's one thing to say that one of 10 will eventually test positive (though it is looking like that is wishful thinking), it is quite another that those one in 10, from a relatively small group of people, tested positive almost simultaneously.

One in eight women in the USA contract breast cancer.  There were about 25 women among the contingent that left Texas, by what you're suggesting, it would be quite normal if three of those women, previously not diagnosed with breast cancer, were diagnosed with breast cancer this week.

3 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

Depending on the value of "advertised" of course. For we normies, concepts such as X% effectiveness in preventing clinical infection etc. is graspable stuff. But the hoi polloi were promised 100% effectiveness in infection prevention and 0% transmissibility by the talking haircuts on TV*.

* Performance metrics only achievable once Trump was out of office, of course.

I guess my concern is not what was promised, what is actually happening, but the utter lack of intellectual curiosity.  Question, did all members take the same vaccine? 
Question, did all that received their vaccine receive it on the same day?  Question, has it been determined what strain(s) have infected these people?  If it is all the same strain, has it been determined who person #1 is? 

You get answers to those questions then a whole raft of new questions present themselves.  Yet from what I can ascertain, nobody is questioning anything.  Or maybe that's the idea.

8 hours ago, BansheeOne said:

And there is the possibility that some of those who became infected and claimed to have been immunized are in fact lying. They are politicians so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they could be telling untruths.

10 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

And there is the possibility that some of those who became infected and claimed to have been immunized are in fact lying. They are politicians so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they could be telling untruths.

That thought had crossed my mind as well.  But, chances are we'll never know because those in a position to ask those question, won't.

15 minutes ago, 17thfabn said:

If they were Republicans I could understand them lying. One just have to look at the stats of Dems and Repubs being vaccinated.

21 minutes ago, DKTanker said:

You get answers to those questions then a whole raft of new questions present themselves.  Yet from what I can ascertain, nobody is questioning anything.  Or maybe that's the idea.

That is the idea.

"If all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed—if all records told the same tale—then the lie passed into history and became truth." 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8223190/pdf/40618_2021_Article_1614.pdf

Conclusions Vitamin D supplementation might be associated with improved clinical outcomes, especially when administered after the diagnosis of COVID-19. However, issues regarding the appropriate dose, duration, and mode of administration of vitamin D remain unanswered and need further research.

And once again, the lack of necessary and sufficient data limits the ability to predict, and treat;

Fifth, except for the RCTs by Murai et al., and Lakkireddy et al., none of the studies mention the degree of rise in serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels post-vitamin D supplementa-tion, hence, we can only speculate if adequate vitamin D lev-els had been achieved to exert immunomodulatory effects. Although the appropriate level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D lev-els required for its immunomodulatory action is not explic-itly known [26], it has been reported that 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels > 30 ng/ml are associated with a significant decrease in the SARS-CoV-2 infection severity and mortality [50].

So we know roughly how much serum level there should be, but not how much oral supplements per kg of body weight are need to bump up serum levels to a target.

8 hours ago, Angrybk said:

Pay Trump $20 million to do a PSA on Fox News about how the vaccines are all due to his tireless efforts in 2020 and everybody should get the Trump Vaccine. Problem solved, tens of thousands of lives saved. 

The biggest single group that hasn't been vaccinated are POC.  Which is quite understandable give that the Biden campaign spent months denigrating the vaccines.  Also, it is no mere coincidence that the highwater mark, the date that registered the most vaccines given in one day, was the same date, 13 April 2021, that the FDA and CDC announced a suspension of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.  First the Biden campaign did all they could to sway people to distrust the vaccines and then the  Biden administration called into question the safety of the vaccines.  This is not about Trump, but if you think it is, maybe the WH should invite him to make PSAs for all the media outlets.  Oh wait, that was suggested just today and the WH flat refused to entertain the notion.