• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2019 WHO review of mask studies found 'no evidence' they stopped transmission of flu

A2019 World Health Organization review of numerous studies testing the efficacy of face coverings to stop the transmission of influenza found "no evidence that [wearing a mask] is effective in reducing transmission" of the virus. The organization has further discouraged individuals from using cloth masks to cover their faces during pandemics, though at times that advice has appeared to shift.

From the CDC -

Posted 09/30/2020
Data from 02/01/2020 to 09/26/2020
United States All Sexes All Ages
Covid deaths - 194,091      Pneumonia  deaths -197,973

I've been watching these statistics since April, every time I check Pneumonia deaths have been higher than COVID

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Death-Counts-by-Sex-Age-and-S/9bhg-hcku

Cruise ships that lost their jobs from places like the US, the UK, and Italy being broken down in Aliaga, Turkey where normally freigh and container ships are brought in for being torn down. 5 cruise ships are in the video, and 3 more are to arrive for being ripped down. Things like the furniture and kitchen utensils are sold to hotels and such.

Hey, here’s something curious.  So I type in “US Mortality rate 2019” and this pops up in the google search,

https://www.google.com/search?ei=ycJ9X-2GBoy7tQbyzZiAAQ&q=us+mortality+rate+2019&oq=us+mortality+rate+2019&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCAAQyQMyBQgAEMcDMgIIADICCAAyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB46BAgAEEc6BwgAEMkDEENQlS9YkTZg7zdoAHACeACAAUqIAe8BkgEBNJgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQTAAQE&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwitj8Sry6LsAhWMXc0KHfImBhAQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

The key thing being,

United States - Historical Death Rate Data

Year       Death Rate          Growth Rate

2019       8.782     1.120%

2018       8.685     1.220%

2017       8.580     1.240%

68 more rows

U.S. Death Rate 1950-2020 | MacroTrends

So what jumps out at me first is that the rate is going up 8.58 to 8.68 to 8.78.   The next thing I find curious is that 2020 isn’t listed.  So I redid the search as,

“US Mortality rate 2020”

And this google result pops up,

https://www.google.com/search?ei=0cJ9X4jzBYa6tQbri7qYAg&q=us+mortality+rate+2020&oq=us+mortality+rate+2020&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCAAQyQMyAggAMgIIADICCAAyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB46BAgAEEc6BwgAEMkDEEM6BwgAEMcDEEM6BAgAEENQmt0IWLfjCGDl5AhoAHACeACAAX2IAZ0CkgEDMy4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBB8ABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjIn6yvy6LsAhUGXc0KHeuFDiMQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

Odd, the chart STILL doesn’t have the mortality rate listed for 2020 like it did for the other years.  So I click this link,

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

And finally, if you scroll over on the graph, it fills in 2020 as 8.88.  Which is exactly the death rate I would have expected to see without Covid, extrapolating from the .1 yearly increase since 2017.

Curious how the information was set up not to provide that answer quickly.  Think Google concealed the 2020 increase in relation to longer trends deliberately?

1 hour ago, JasonJ said:

...Things like the furniture and kitchen utensils are sold to hotels and such...

Like hotels need that now...

6 hours ago, JasonJ said:

Cruise ships that lost their jobs from places like the US, the UK, and Italy being broken down in Aliaga, Turkey where normally freigh and container ships are brought in for being torn down. 5 cruise ships are in the video, and 3 more are to arrive for being ripped down. Things like the furniture and kitchen utensils are sold to hotels and such.

All of these are older ships that are outdated for the current market and were being kept on secondary markets or were about to be refitted to get a few more years out of them. COVID just accelerated their demise.

3 hours ago, Nobu said:

The next wave in the U.S. may be starting in the Hasidic/Orthodox communities of New York City if my lunch convo with a non-Orthodox Jewish colleague was any indication.

I suspect it's already run it's course through that population.

3 hours ago, Nobu said:

The next wave in the U.S. may be starting in the Hasidic/Orthodox communities of New York City if my lunch convo with a non-Orthodox Jewish colleague was any indication.

Yeah https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/orthodox-communities-are-furious-over-new-lockdown-measures.html

happy I don’t live in S Williamsburg anymore!

Edited by Brian Kennedy

At some point, Wilhelm will come up with the idea of tattooing numbers on the Orthodox Jews to improve contact tracing.

>Yeah https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/orthodox-communities-are-furious-over-new-lockdown-measures.html

Good article--my lunch date pointed to a similar article here:

https://gothamist.com/news/orthodox-borough-park-residents-burn-masks-beat-dissenters-over-covid-lockdown

I was under the impression that New York City was doing well overall, but the recent positive test spikes appear centered in the interesting Hasidic and orthodox Jewish communities there.

Part of the reason may be that those communities feel they have indeed achieved herd immunity. God help those neighboring communities that have not.

Interestingly, I have the impression that those who are the most angry about the behavior of the orthodox in the time of Covid are non-orthodox Jews.

Wilhelm may have to wait in line at the tattoo booth behind them.

29 minutes ago, Brian Kennedy said:

Yeah totally, NYC is incredibly anti-Semitic 

DeBlasio has been hounding the annoyingly law abiding Jewish community while he turns a blind eye on the illegal and destructive activities of large segments of other protected ethnic groups.  All those orthodox Jews had to do was brandish some BLM placards and burn a few cars and businesses and they would be kosher in the eyes of the NYC authorities.

Edited by Mikel2

24 minutes ago, Mikel2 said:

DeBlasio has been hounding the annoyingly law abiding Jewish community while he turns a blind eye on the illegal and destructive activities of large segments of other protected ethnic groups.  All those orthodox Jews had to do was brandish some BLM placards and burn a few cars and businesses and they would be kosher in the eyes of the NYC authorities.

I think DeBlasio's a crap mayor and I think the Hasidic community (if you're referring to the "Jewish community," that's basically NYC writ large, it's probably the most culturally Jewish city outside Israel) is acting incredibly irresponsibly. I haven't lived in NYC for about 9 years -- I lived there for about 12 -- but this is a pretty commonly held opinion among my friends who still live there. I'd defer to our members who still live there for corroboration/refutal.

7 minutes ago, Brian Kennedy said:

I think DeBlasio's a crap mayor and I think the Hasidic community (if you're referring to the "Jewish community," that's basically NYC writ large, it's probably the most culturally Jewish city outside Israel) is acting incredibly irresponsibly. I haven't lived in NYC for about 9 years -- I lived there for about 12 -- but this is a pretty commonly held opinion among my friends who still live there. I'd defer to our members who still live there for corroboration/refutal.

+1. Nothing has changed since you left. The Hasidics are breaking the rules and pushing back, and also testing positive at higher rates as a result. The same is happening in Israel and along with the Bibi protests is causing even more unrest than the US is experiencing.