Highly suspect that the cultures with mask have no apparent organism growth whatsoever.

Here is a better way to make the point;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004550/

PAPRs;

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/153567600400900104

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are those hospitalizations, or positive tests? The number of positive tests depends on the numbers of tests performed. In Maryland, testing has only been widely available for a few weeks.

In any case, until a vaccine is found, no one has controlled the virus.

Maryland has a Republican governor, and I dont think our cases Have spiked as your graph claims. I think that in our county they actually declined. I dont think we have reached New York levels of infection as your graph claims.

It looks like the Democratic states are breaking upwards out of the trend. Perhaps due to continuous, large gatherings?

I would add the initial hands-off approach to actual enforcement of directives against large gatherings to the list of NY leadership missteps. I will give them some slack, however, for flying blind, scared, and out in front.

The mass of regular New Yorkers who stayed at their posts while the trainees ran away have my respect, as there was nothing concrete to indicate that the 500/day death rate would abate, until it did. Turning the convention center there into a hospital/morgue was a ? moment for anyone who has ever been there for a convention. It is huge.

I am giving less slack to Newsom. He saw NY almost fumble, and should be gripping tighter because of it.

I did read about some of the infighting between Cuomo and "the" Blasio. If they were able to get the epicenter under control in spite of it, the bar has now been set for others.

Well we can all agree that the US compared to all of Europe looks pretty bad, just looking at raw numbers. They are reopening. The US is backtracking and still hitting its highest infection rates yet. And the fact that there is more testing isn't a good excuse, because the the percentage of tests that are positive are also going up. How is it that the EU is winning and the US is not?

Well we can all agree that the US compared to all of Europe looks pretty bad, just looking at raw numbers. They are reopening. The US is backtracking and still hitting its highest infection rates yet. And the fact that there is more testing isn't a good excuse, because the the percentage of tests that are positive are also going up. How is it that the EU is winning and the US is not?

*lol*, comparing with Europe to make a point, good luck with that. :D

Clearly it is fake news that Europe flattened the curve and that the US president is provably wrong, as the US has the highest infection rates it has ever had.

I'm sure the economy is going to take off as the US buries itself more into the *FIRST* wave of the virus, well before we hit the second one in the winter again.

Clearly it is fake news that Europe flattened the curve and that the US president is provably wrong, as the US has the highest infection rates it has ever had.

I'm sure the economy is going to take off as the US buries itself more into the *FIRST* wave of the virus, well before we hit the second one in the winter again.

I'm almost sure most MAGA morons these days would rather die of COVID than be compared with the EU.

Gloating is unseemly.

The US has been subject to decades long agitations to distrust government, even when it is in their best interests to knuckle down and just do the right thing.

This in part because their politicians have rarely demonstrated any trustworthiness. The stupidity of state level responses is also breathtaking.

That being said, the curve shape in the US shows that progression has been regional, with NY getting a measure of control just in time for Florida to explode, and so on.

As Brasidas suggested a few pages back, it's a good thing that this pandemic isn't really "the big one", or there would have been millions dead or dying.

I suspect, however, that however many people die those with agendas will use it for political leverage, rather than as a learning experience.

Are those hospitalizations, or positive tests? The number of positive tests depends on the numbers of tests performed. In Maryland, testing has only been widely available for a few weeks.

Maryland has a Republican governor, and I dont think our cases Have spiked as your graph claims. I think that in our county they actually declined. I dont think we have reached New York levels of infection as your graph claims.

It looks like the Democratic states are breaking upwards out of the trend. Perhaps due to continuous, large gatherings?

Maryland, https://www.bing.com/search?q=Coronavirus+statistics+in+Maryland&tf=U2VydmljZT1HZW5lcmljQW5zd2VycyBTY2VuYXJpbz1Db3JvbmFWaXJ1c01MIFBvc2l0aW9uPVRPUCBSYW5raW5nRGF0YT1UcnVlIEZvcmNlUGxhY2U9VHJ1ZSBQYWlycz1zY246Q29yb25hVmlydXNNTDtjb3VudHJ5Q29kZTpVU0E7c3RhdGVDb2RlOk1EO2ludGVudDpDaGVja0Nvcm9uYVN0YXRzO2Fib3ZlbmV3czpUcnVlOyB8&hs=5XZ23DLDS7tToik0iuomrf5RGrF17pFVVrog1xsjLOA%3d&FORM=COVIDR

By any metric, the US is still yet to reach its peak while the EU and most of the Pacific RIm has beaten this thing. And our economy I suspect will suffer. But I'd be glad to hear from anyone who wants to come out and say Florida is the poster child for this outbreak and that Trump not wearing a mask and specifically endorsing his followers not to so has nothing to do with the skyrocketing cases in the US that will close down the US economy AGAIN. Post your counter point below, guys.

Edited by Josh

By any metric, the US is still yet to reach its peak while the EU and most of the Pacific Rim has beaten this thing. And our economy I suspect will suffer. But I'd be glad to hear from anyone who wants to come out and say Florida is the poster child for this outbreak and that Trump not wearing a mask and specifically endorsing his followers not to so has nothing to do with the skyrocketing cases in the US that will close down the US economy AGAIN. Post your counter point below, guys.

Nah, we haven't beaten anything yet in the EU. With schools reopening in Germany, we currently see all kinds of clusters pop up again. If we're lucky, our understaffed regional health departments will keep these outbreaks in check, but I wouldn't count on it. The summer vacation season is only just beginning, and with increased mobility, new infections will happen.

And we still have a long winter coming before we can hope for a vaccine, that probably won't be available for most people initially. The largest vaccination campaign in human history won't be done in just a few months.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

By any metric, the US is still yet to reach its peak while the EU and most of the Pacific RIm has beaten this thing. And our economy I suspect will suffer. But I'd be glad to hear from anyone who wants to come out and say Florida is the poster child for this outbreak and that Trump not wearing a mask and specifically endorsing his followers not to so has nothing to do with the skyrocketing cases in the US that will close down the US economy AGAIN. Post your counter point below, guys.

This is the thing that I and many other people missed. Everyone was concentrating on getting the economy moving again by ignoring Covid 19, it missed the point you cant really get the economy moving without tourism, without businessmen visiting. Now nobody is going open up their airports to a country with such a high infection rate. How can a economy fully recover whilst this is the case? And I dont see how it is.

Since below was not addressed, then no reason to not expect the continuation of points to be skipped over again.

http://www.tank-net.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44455&page=193&do=findComment&comment=1486316

何を言えばいいのかわからない。

だから、日本語で意味がない言葉を喋る。そりゃしかない。

Edited by JasonJ

Both sides turned the disease into a political litmus test putting everyone into one of two camps.

Is letting people make their own informed decision forcing folks into a camp?

I have to ask, is total covid infections of the segment of the population that is NOT at high risk all that much of a big deal? That's steps closer to herd immunity.

Why is that still touted as a death sentence when we know that it's not a high risk issue lacking co-morbidities?

Both sides turned the disease into a political litmus test putting everyone into one of two camps.

Is letting people make their own informed decision forcing folks into a camp?

Isn't your syllogism phrased a little too Holocausty? Who said anything about force?

Using political affiliation to take a position is a bit extreme though, isn't it? The disease doesn't register to vote, so it's not going to pick it's preferred party during the pandemic. Why can't people just use good judgment and be considerate of others to get through this? Oh wait, it's because we've become decadent, and the extremes are the norm and civil behavior is no longer a norm, at least for political purposes.

I'll just keep working from home, and avoiding everyone who either wants to burn down the system, or walk too close to me in stores while not wearing a mask. Both types are the problem.

I have to ask, is total covid infections of the segment of the population that is NOT at high risk all that much of a big deal? That's steps closer to herd immunity.

Why is that still touted as a death sentence when we know that it's not a high risk issue lacking co-morbidities?

Even people not in the high-risk groups will drive up overall infection rates, because they tend to be younger, with higher mobility and a higher risk of getting into superspreading scenarios (see how schools will develop in the coming weeks and months, and what Ischgl did for overall infections in northern Europe).

Hoping for herd immunity won't help you because you won't achieve it without getting millions killed which doesn't help your economy either, because people don't like to go shopping or have dinner when they feel their life is at risk.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

The more people get ill, the more die. The more die, the more people lock down so they dont get it. So they dont meet each other, herd immunity is infinitely prolonged.

Its why im suspicious opening up in the rest of the world is the right choice. I think all thats going to happen is we get a couple of months trade in, before the next lock down.

Since below was not addressed, then no reason to not expect the continuation of points to be skipped over again.

http://www.tank-net.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44455&page=193&do=findComment&comment=1486316

何を言えばいいのかわからない。

だから、日本語で意味がない言葉を喋る。そりゃしかない。

What exactly do you want me to acknowledge? I'm missing your point. One of those links dates to late January. Could you explicitly define where you disagree with me since I believe that is the gist of your post?