As for Trump, its entirely possible he is both taking the pill combo and trolling.

That is a distinct possibility. Which also raises the questions, why are his detractors suddenly so concerned about his health and with their concern, why aren't they demanding that WH Physician, Sean Conley, be immediately arrested for attempted murder?

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It isn't particularly relevant whether he's taking it or not. It wasn't particularly a good idea to mention it, but it is a non issue comparatively speaking. The people who trust what the president says about COVID19 is barely over one in three. Actual decisions made concerning the use of federal government powers and resources are/were much more relevant, but at this point the worst is over/damage is done and worst is coming.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/17/816680033/poll-americans-dont-trust-what-they-re-hearing-from-trump-on-coronavirus

Edited by Josh

As I understand it, Trump now eats hydroxychloroquine, or at least he says he does.

Was he trolling/being sarcastic, or do you think he does?

How many of you in here have started to take it to prevent catching Covid-19?

According to Trump "thousands" of health care providers are taking it pre-emptively. I don't see any media reports that this particular claim is not accurate, and the media is pretty energetic about refuting anything Trump says that is perceived to be inaccurate.

As for Trump, its entirely possible he is both taking the pill combo and trolling.

That is a distinct possibility. Which also raises the questions, why are his detractors suddenly so concerned about his health and with their concern, why aren't they demanding that WH Physician, Sean Conley, be immediately arrested for attempted murder?

My favorite was Nancy Pelosi choking out some sort of professed concern for Trump's health. I wonder if a single person watching that clip believed she'd be anything but overjoyed if Trump keeled over tomorrow. Even better for her if it was caused by HC.

Edited by glenn239

I understand the prescription part. If the president says it is good, is it really hard to convince your doctor to prescribe it? And Trump has been promoting it for a while, so it would not be far-fetched for some of his supporters in here to have started taking it.

For Trump it is a win-win. Either he stays healthy, or it is proof of Obama's crimes.

Trump better not keel over. The world would lose a great entertainer.

Edited by Stefan Fredriksson

Phil Kerpen

@kerpen

Pennsylvania has more COVID deaths over age 100 than under age 45.

More deaths over age 95 than under age 60.

More deaths over 85 than under 80.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Documents/Diseases%20and%20Conditions/COVID-19%20Death%20Reports/Weekly%20Report%20of%20Deaths%20Attributed%20to%20COVID-19%20--%202020-05-17.pdf

EYZNDVtWkAEbiFf.png

12:34 PM · May 19, 2020

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1262783822925647872

I'm sure the funeral would be tremendous, believe me folks. It would be rather interesting to see how Pence polls for the position vice Trump. But I suspect the president is closely monitored such that any heart related side effects of his daily regiment would be quickly registered and counter acted.

My favorite was Nancy Pelosi choking out some sort of professed concern for Trump's health.

That was a highlight for me as well. I could easily picture Pelosi choking out Trump.

Only if he were in a coma and she had a pillow. Otherwise, he'd snap her like a twig.

No doubt these accelerated the contagion rate to wildfire dimensions. But that doesn't mean it couldn't happen elsewhere, since you are so keen on lifting all restrictions. At least, that's how you come across.

Well, if you avoid sending infected to nursing homes, clean the subways nightly, and don't let them be used as sleeping and toilet accommodations for the homeless, then it will probably NOT happen elsewhere like it did in New York City.

Again, the fatality rate is an order of magnitude lower than New York's. .01% vs .1%.

My favorite was Nancy Pelosi choking out some sort of professed concern for Trump's health.

That was a highlight for me as well. I could easily picture Pelosi choking out Trump.

How, over feeding him her fancy ice-cream while clucking and clicking with her dentures?

Only if he were in a coma and she had a pillow. Otherwise, he'd snap her like a twig.

Not with those tiny hands. :P

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/19/chris-cuomo-trump-hydroxychloroquine-included-coronavirus-treatment/

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo mocked President Donald Trump on Monday for announcing that he had been taking anti-malarial drugs as a preventative treatment for coronavirus even though he had also used a version of the drug in his own COVID-19 treatment regimen.

Not with those tiny hands. :P

Tiny but strong! :D

New week, new corona "facts". Hurry up and spin the wheel to see what next week's "facts" will be.

CDC now says coronavirus 'does not spread easily' via contaminated surfaces

From the article:

These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs

I find it interesting that the CDC doesn't consider droplets landing in or in close proximity to the eyes as being a hazard.

this is probalby so basic question that it has been answered long time ago, but since i have time to peek here every couple of days and miss lots of pages...

if the effect of virus depends on how much you have been exposed to it - somebody coughing several (hundreds of)thousands of virus particles to your direction or you get several dozens by touching a door knob, how much of the mortality rate depended on being at home or at the overwhelmed hospitals, where patients got way higher doses of virus while laying in these corridors by dozens, as was shown in chinese and italian videos?

i understand that basicly most of the population that shows the signs of being through the covid-19 without any noticable problems have really been exposed to very small amounts of the virus that organism has been able to defeat on it´s own?

Edited by bd1

​

if the effect of virus depends on how much you have been exposed to it - somebody coughing several (hundreds of)thousands of virus particles to your direction or you get several dozens by touching a door knob, how much of the mortality rate depended on being at home or at the overwhelmed hospitals, where patients got way higher doses of virus while laying in these corridors by dozens, as was shown in chinese and italian videos?

That's a good question. One of the original Chinese doctors, young, in very good apparent health, died of Covid. This happened to some Italian doctor or doctors as well. I'd wondered if the reason for that was an exceptionally large dose of virus in these cases. It might even be the case that the Chinese doctor's death contributed to the wide scale lock down in the West.

In the literature, you will see the term "viral load." Meaning how many virus molecules the victim got dosed with. I've seen some commentary that opined that intermittent contact would not deliver enough viral load to make a difference, it was extended exposure. How extended? Probably depends on range, air flow, etc. A 3-minute elevator ride seems worse than just passing by J. Random Cougher at the supermarket.

I suspect there is some sort of ratio of viral load/antibody counts that impact whether a person is asymptomatic, ill but recovered on their own, or needing major intervention.

That's a good question. One of the original Chinese doctors, young, in very good apparent health, died of Covid. This happened to some Italian doctor or doctors as well. I'd wondered if the reason for that was an exceptionally large dose of virus in these cases. It might even be the case that the Chinese doctor's death contributed to the wide scale lock down in the West.

"Died of Covid" or died of Covid? Could "died of covid" be like "lost in the (Katyn) forest" as Stalin related to Sikorski of the Polish PWs?

"Died of Covid" or died of Covid? Could "died of covid" be like "lost in the (Katyn) forest" as Stalin related to Sikorski of the Polish PWs?

Given that the Chinese government was trying to downplay the epidemic at the time, having the guy die that way was probably not what they wanted. Now, accidentally falling from a window after signing a full recantation, that's a different matter.

An interesting note:

About 6 month ago, I inquieds of my doctor about getting my Army shots renewed (as applicable) and he referred me to the county board of health. They wanted to know why I wanted to do that