Democrat Demolition Derby, Redux

Ssnake

A scary speculation is, that the Dems know Biden is unelectable, so they are actually preparing to blow up the election and grab power in the chaos...sounds very conspiracy theory-ish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaRdon4bfpU&t=695s

Wha...? :huh:

If the election were held today Biden would likely win in a landslide. There's still a lot of time to go, though.

A more realistic interpretation of what's going on that I heard from a pundit this weekend was that the Rs have realized they're going to get trounced this Nov and have already settled into opposition mode. This would explain why so many Rs in the Senate have suddenly rediscovered their fiscal conservative values and are holding out. As the pundit pointed out - Rs have only embraced fiscal conservatism when there's a D in the WH. When they're in power those values get tossed out the window. As such, since Biden's election seems highly likely (and as mentioned, would be a blowout if held today), they're just getting a head start.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still surprised Bernie quit. Is it possible he might unquit?

He was bought off like in 2016 but the Dems also handed him the whole policy portfolio anyway. If they try and dump Biden for another though he and his supporters will go ape if it's not Bernie and it won't be Bernie, hence the heartburn on the Dem's side. They're trapped with a crumbling Biden.

A scary speculation is, that the Dems know Biden is unelectable, so they are actually preparing to blow up the election and grab power in the chaos...sounds very conspiracy theory-ish...

If the election were held today Biden would likely win in a landslide. There's still a lot of time to go, though.

A more realistic interpretation of what's going on that I heard from a pundit this weekend was that the Rs have realized they're going to get trounced this Nov and have already settled into opposition mode. This would explain why so many Rs in the Senate have suddenly rediscovered their fiscal conservative values and are holding out. As the pundit pointed out - Rs have only embraced fiscal conservatism when there's a D in the WH. When they're in power those values get tossed out the window. As such, since Biden's election seems highly likely (and as mentioned, would be a blowout if held today), they're just getting a head start.

Yeah, no.

If the election were held today Biden would likely win in a landslide.

Only in your masturbatory fantasies. But for argument sake, let's suppose Biden does win, who exactly would you have been voting for, Biden, his yet to be named veep, or the undisclosed puppet master?

Only in your masturbatory fantasies. But for argument sake, let's suppose Biden does win, who exactly would you have been voting for, Biden, his yet to be named veep, or the undisclosed puppet master?

It is interesting how reading the actual polls in swing states is a fantasy while at the same time you present the conspiracy theory that Biden is left wing Manchurian Candidate as a fact.

It is interesting how reading the actual polls in swing states is a fantasy while at the same time you present the conspiracy theory that Biden is left wing Manchurian Candidate as a fact.

Duly noted. You did not take a shot at answering the question.

The only masturbatory fantasy here is yours you still cling to that I will be, or ever have voted for, a D for the WH. Once again, for the umpteenth time, quote me where it's clear I've claimed as such? You can't... fucking... do... it (and you'll just whimper away after this fact is pointed out, yet again, or move the goalposts so far you'll find yourself in a new stadium).

Again, I get it... you're so simpleminded that you can't come to grasp with the notion that some of us can criticize the side of the spectrum we fall on (well... you can... then it's ok).

Watching Trump has been watching a train wreck. Conservatives, supposedly through the Rs, had the WH for the last 4 years with 2 of those in complete control of Congress and what do we have to show for it? Almost nothing! Instead we're now seeing a surge of support for the Ds that will likely usher in complete control of the government to their side. As such kiss the one accomplishment Trump and the Rs could claim, the tax bill, goodbye. There goes future SCOTUS nominees over to the far Left side of the spectrum.

I'm no fan of the Rs and I haven't hid that fact (again, I know you struggle with this... THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME A DEMOCRAT). Zero effort to reign in government spending under their reign ever in my life. I've mentioned this before and I'll say it again - why are all of you totally ok, on a website called tanknet where many of us are vets, for the US military to be eviscerated in the coming decades when the bill comes due on the deficit we keep running up? Hmm? (Once again I'll see no answer to this but silence.) Zero serious effort to reform Healthcare (and zero effort to move it more towards a free market system which it clearly is not now). Countless other issues that they've just sat on...

I'm not rooting for the Ds, I'm depressed that the Rs yet again have failed to deliver.

You won't find this story at LW media outlets, read MSM, but the Democratic Party and Joe Biden support, condone, and enable such acts.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/08/10/blm-wauwatosa/

On August 8th, 2020 at approximately 8:05 PM, a large group gathered in the area of N. 100. St. and W. Vienna St. in the City of Wauwatosa. The group. estimated to be between fifty and sixty people. targeted the private residence of Wauwatosa Police Officer Joseph Mensah and began to vandalize the home. Officer Mensah attempted to establish a dialog with the group but was ultimately physically assaulted outside of his home. As Officer Mensah retreated into his home, armed protestors approached the rear door and a single shotgun round was discharged by a member of the group into Officer Mensah’s backdoor. The Wauwatosa Police Department received assistance in disbursing the crowd from numerous neighboring agencies. At this time the investigation into this incident is ongoing. Once more information becomes available, further communications will be issued.

Yeah, no.

Yeah, no... to what?

The notion that if the election were held today Biden would likely win in a landslide? The polls and models are pretty clear there across multiple sources and sites. That's not to say he will, as the election is still an eternity away.

No that the Rs have only cared about fiscal conservatism when not in power? Feel free to highlight Trump's successes in reigning in spending and bringing down that deficit. The same under GWB. The same under his father. The same under Reagan... :rolleyes:

Biden has fallen short of Bernie's most left wing plans but his stated plans would still be the most left leaning of any candidate that made it to the White House. But I don't think that he's being controlled in any way - I think Biden has drastically changed his world view in reaction to recent events and his desire to unify the party as a means of defeating Trump at all costs. He has hinted that he might be a one term president - his stated reason for running this time around was rather specifically to defeat Trump and after achieving that he probably is inclined to pass the torch. But I do wonder if he might find that his work isn't done in four years given the magnitude of the country's problems. If he did quit, his VP would be the natural choice as a nominee, but presumably she would be open to primary challenges. A lot of what happens in 2024 depends on how successful a Biden administration was at dealing with the nation's problems.

ETA: Biden's actions will also be constrained by 1). whether the Dems win the senate (likely) 2). whether the remove the filibuster (possible) and 3). whether the majority caucus with only a vote or two majority in the senate will vote for extremely leftist legislation. That last one is *extremely* unlikely, particularly if the senate is retaken by people like the Dems running for Iowa and Montana. The far left will never get the votes for most of its policies even with Biden's full support.

Edited by Josh

More than 1 in 5 mail-in ballots were rejected in New York City during the state primary June 23, the city’s certified election results revealed this week.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/one-five-mail-ballots-rejected-botched-nyc-primary-n1236143?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR1s7ZuA3Y1QBpNS-meUITwh95kFi-Zp5tqMAyHCmCyLs-iMVaaqVYkzXgM

The plastic surgery was worth it. She got what, 3% of the primary vote? I guess she forgave him for destroying her girlhood dreams by not supporting bussing and no longer believes his accusers #Ibeleiveherunless. I wonder how surprised Biden was when they told him.

The plastic surgery was worth it. She got what, 3% of the primary vote? I guess she forgave him for destroying her girlhood dreams by supporting bussing and no longer believes his accusers #Ibeleiveherunless. I wonder how surprised Biden was when they told him.

But the real question is, will Mother let Pence debate Kamala on stage alone?

Edited by Josh

The Harris choice has gotten a few folks in my circle up in arms: the SFPD contingent is angry because she wouldn't seek a death penalty for an MS13 goon who shot and killed an SFPD officer with an AK clone. Other folks are pissed because she 'supposedly' prevented the deportation of another MS13 good--who later went on to kill a man and his three sons in a car (In my OLD NEIGHBORHOOD!!!) because he mistook them for an opposition gang. Naturally this goon was also poster boy for multiple 'pot possession' busts--it makes me wonder how many of those guys the 'legalize pot' gangs whine about ( 'Oh no, they got 50 years for having a joint!' ) were actually homicidal freaks who nobody wanted to rat out.

It's been looking like Kamala for a while now. Ticks all the progressive boxes without being radical or having Clinton smell on her. Plus an already vetted familiar face for the voters.

She was the single most liberal senator last year, she even beat out Bernie the commie, but otherwise yeah, not too radical.

#99 0.02 Sen. Bernard “Bernie” Sanders [i-VT]

#100 0.00 Sen. Kamala Harris [D-CA]

most liberal

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/report-cards/2019/senate

She was the single most liberal senator last year, she even beat out Bernie the commie, but otherwise yeah, not too radical.

#99 0.02 Sen. Bernard “Bernie” Sanders [i-VT]

#100 0.00 Sen. Kamala Harris [D-CA]

most liberal

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/report-cards/2019/senate

Not too radical at all. To the best of my knowledge she hasn't been quoting Lenin and Stalin, and since she hasn't, she's been declared a "Pragmatic" moderate. So if an extreme LW senator is deemed moderate, does "moderate" any longer have meaning? Naturally, a rhetorical question.

She was horrible in the primary, so how is it going to be different in the general? Tulsi wrecked, and I mean wrecked her in the debate.

And anyway, Tulsi was hotter.

She was horrible in the primary, so how is it going to be different in the general?

Well, kamala literally means horrible in Finnish, so of course she was horrible. Due to Finnish language structure, depending on how you phrase your sentence, the word may be rendered as kamala or kamalaa, but the basic point stands. She is in point of fact Horrible Harris.

--

Soren

If D wins.

Must Kamala name her successor in advance? I mean, imagine the joy if Kamala takes Hillary as her vice president when Biden steps down.

Standing between power and Hillary Clinton is a dangerous place to be.