2020 Obituary

Murph

19 minutes ago, RETAC21 said:

Great actor, who had the good sense to come to Spain to live in retirement and leave when he was fed up with being recognised. A guy that could act in Zardoz, and still go out, just that marks him as a great actor.

+1.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/01/movies/eddie-hassell-dead.html

Eddie Hassell, an actor best known for a recurring role on the NBC show “Surface” and the movie “The Kids Are All Right,” died Sunday after being shot in Texas, according to his representative. He was 30.

Mr. Hassell was shot outside his girlfriend’s apartment in Grand Prairie, a Dallas suburb, around 1 a.m., according to the representative, Alan Mills. He was shot in the abdomen and taken to a nearby hospital, where he died, Mr. Mills said.

1 hour ago, Adam Peter said:

Not meaning to sound callus, but I really don't get worked up over the death of an "entertainment celebrity," and only a little more over a good sportsman.

Give me news of the passing away of a person who was a faithful spouse and parent. Give me news of a person who worked themselves up quietly to a better position in life to make the world a better place. Give us news of a person who you just know Jesus says to them "Well done my good and faithful servant!"

On 11/1/2020 at 6:31 AM, Stuart Galbraith said:

Should have made him an Admiral really.

He would have been a great Star Fleet Captain, with Michael Cainne as his foil.

4 hours ago, sunday said:

Or that whatisname wrecked rock musician.

You mean Keith Richards? he is immortal, as he is the gaurdian of the Shepherd's pie

"Richards is a keen fan of shepherd's pie, a British traditional dish.[79] Stuart Cable, the ex-drummer of Stereophonics, recollected that he was once confronted by Richards because he had served himself a piece of the shepherd's pie meant for Richards.[80] The dish was also mentioned by Richards in his autobiography, advising readers to add more onions after cooking the meat filling to enhance the pie's flavour"

On 10/31/2020 at 4:00 PM, Soren Ras said:

Damn. So many memorable characters    and throughout he was always clearly Sean Connery. Not many careers would have survived going from James Bond to Zardoz. 
But he just went on to Daniel Dravot and so many others.

RIP

--

Soren

Hey, I liked Zardoz! :angry2:

But very sad, apparently he suffered from dementia in his last years. His last public appearence was probably in 2017 US Open, where he still looked healthy:

2f82a56434c624001234d32704538574.jpeg?wi

Personally I don't think he was the best Bond actor, although his enormous raw charisma certainly made him iconic in that role and his magnetism carried him long after his Bond days were over. It is really unfortunate that his last major film was absolutely awful 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen', experience which apparently convinced him to retire and I can't blame him.

Bayeté!

Zardoz is fine as a movie. I am quite partial to it myself. But let's just say the costume design was not flattering and being immortalized in that getup would have a consigned many a lesser actor to obscurity from that point onward.

--

Soren

8 hours ago, Yama said:

Hey, I liked Zardoz! :angry2:

But very sad, apparently he suffered from dementia in his last years. His last public appearence was probably in 2017 US Open, where he still looked healthy:

2f82a56434c624001234d32704538574.jpeg?wi

Personally I don't think he was the best Bond actor, although his enormous raw charisma certainly made him iconic in that role and his magnetism carried him long after his Bond days were over. It is really unfortunate that his last major film was absolutely awful 'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen', experience which apparently convinced him to retire and I can't blame him.

Bayeté!

Personally I liked "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." One of those kick back in the recliner and rest the brain type of movie.