tanknet.org

Because The British Royal Family

The LAPD will provide its standard celebrity protection level to the couple just fine. Unless they plan on roughing it apart from the thousands of other celebrities of fame and wealth in the area.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Times is British. The Sun is conservative, but columnists and editors do have varied opinions. As I said earlier, there isn't really much interest here as far as I can tell.

If they want to live near her family and work, why shouldn't they?

I should say "no, he had mild symptoms and self-isolated for seven further days."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52088684

The question of Prince Harry's security isn't even a news item here. Americans seem to think of the kind of circus that follows the current President around when they think of security details, but I don't believe that royals generally merit more than a couple of officers when not performing any civic duty, so I suppose that would mean 8 in total if there was a 4 shift system in place.

There would be police on site at any civic event as the royals attract the need for crowd control measures. The main residences will have much larger security details, I suppose.

As noted above, the print news media and Harry have a poor relationship, predating Meghan, due in part to his outspoken and (frankly, quite valid) opinion as to how his mother was treated by them, and subsequently how his mobile phone messages were "hacked".

Specifically, Harry is (or has been) suing the owners of the Mirror and also the Sun over the phone hacking.

Meghan is separately suing the Mail on Sunday for what is effectively its ongoing relationship with her father, who appears to be a piece of work, too.

I should say "no, he had mild symptoms and self-isolated for seven further days."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52088684

The question of Prince Harry's security isn't even a news item here. Americans seem to think of the kind of circus that follows the current President around when they think of security details, but I don't believe that royals generally merit more than a couple of officers when not performing any civic duty, so I suppose that would mean 8 in total if there was a 4 shift system in place.

There would be police on site at any civic event as the royals attract the need for crowd control measures. The main residences will have much larger security details, I suppose.

As noted above, the print news media and Harry have a poor relationship, predating Meghan, due in part to his outspoken and (frankly, quite valid) opinion as to how his mother was treated by them, and subsequently how his mobile phone messages were "hacked".

Specifically, Harry is (or has been) suing the owners of the Mirror and also the Sun over the phone hacking.

Meghan is separately suing the Mail on Sunday for what is effectively its ongoing relationship with her father, who appears to be a piece of work, too.

Ah, that explains a lot. The Mirror and Sun are left newspapers? Not as left as the Gruniad but still left? Or are they just trash tabloids?

The Mirror is vaguely left leaning, the Sun is actually right wing. And both are trash tabloids.

His mum could fund her own protection detail, so can they. I really dont know why so much is being made of it, they arent even Royals anymore.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

Hmm, wasn't there a kerfuffle at one point where Americans decided once and for all not to foot the bill for British royals (or ex-royals)? I'm pretty sure I read about that.

--

Soren

See, it was all a waste :P HM glorious realm of Newyorkshire!