Because The British Royal Family

DougRichards

I try to avoid the incessant celeb nonsense, but I ran across some stuff about the de-royaled couple's interview on Twitter while chasing other stories.

Ms. Markle is making the Kardashians look good. I wish there was a way to lodge a wager that Harry offs himself within 5 years. Beautiful on the outside, ugly on the inside. Like most of Hollywood.

Amusingly, the somewhat interracial aspect of those people has provoked American newsies to run stories recounting the horrible racism that Women-Of-Color(tm) deal with daily, if they get involved with a white guy. One quote; "staring is violence."

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Christianity Today had a great article about it. In summation, couple pleads for privacy on an Oprah interview.  Megan says she doesn't want to disparage anyone in the Royal House, but accuses an unnamed person of racism.  <note, this one is off and I don't agree with>, Harry decries colonialism, but served in uniform at a former colony.

I am rather astonished that an Actress was upset that there was no one to teach her things like how to be courtly and royal.  And on top of that that the idea that she might have to courtesy to the queen would be such a burden. 

Why are they in the US? Why didn't they move to Kenya or Zimbabwe to escape the systemic racism? 

Edited by rmgill

https://news.sky.com/story/race-allegations-concerning-and-will-be-addressed-says-palace-after-harry-and-meghan-interview-12240160

''The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

"The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members."

1 hour ago, rmgill said:

I am rather astonished that an Actress was upset that there was no one to teach her things like how to be courtly and royal.  And on top of that that the idea that she might have to courtesy to the queen would be such a burden. 

Why are they in the US? Why didn't they move to Kenya or Zimbabwe to escape the systemic racism? 

That is puzzling to me, that to escape the bigotry and racism of the UK, they pick the most bigoted and racist country in the entire world........ The United States. 

Two American women are on their way to doing what Cromwell, Napoleon and Hitler could not achieve :D

Edited by Mikel2

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

https://news.sky.com/story/race-allegations-concerning-and-will-be-addressed-says-palace-after-harry-and-meghan-interview-12240160

''The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

"The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members."

The Queen will take sensisivity training to become less white?

1 hour ago, RETAC21 said:

The Queen will take sensisivity training to become less white?

Clearly, all British need to take racial and sensitivity training, or perhaps arrest themselves and report to the nearest jail for conditioning treatment for having offended the Princess. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Probably give up her Reptilian Privilege with the rest of the Pink bits on the map. :)

FIFY

It occurs to me that America has gotten stiffed on this thing. We were fortunate enough to get rid of Meghan, yet now we have both Meghan and Harry.

12 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

. One quote; "staring is violence."

Staring from whom?

Also I'm reminded of Oprah (inc) herself saying she 'experienced Racism' because people stared at her when she was shopping...don't you think people were thinking "OMG IS THAT OPRAH????"

5 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

It occurs to me that America has gotten stiffed on this thing. We were fortunate enough to get rid of Meghan, yet now we have both Meghan and Harry.

Well, look at the Queen, she has been on the job since the 50s, why did you think she could be misled?

I've told you before, transportation of british undesirables to Australia hasn't been legal for more than 150 years.

Unless you are talking about the queen, being the reigning Australian monarch it might be legal to transport her but she'll probably still need to go through 2 weeks quarantine.

11 hours ago, NickM said:

Staring from whom?

Also I'm reminded of Oprah (inc) herself saying she 'experienced Racism' because people stared at her when she was shopping...don't you think people were thinking "OMG IS THAT OPRAH????"

Recall that Michelle Obama implied that white people were racist for not making a fuss over her during a chance encounter.

6 hours ago, Stuart Galbraith said:

Well it was easier to send her back there than Botany Bay.

Easier, but widens the mid-Atlantic rift.

Maybe we can foist them on Canada.

Looking at the behavior of the House of Windsor, one can see why Britain needed an empire. Baron Wankersnot starts tarnishing the brand, send him to India or wherever on "critical Crown business" where hopefully he'll die of cholera. 

7 hours ago, Ivanhoe said:

Easier, but widens the mid-Atlantic rift.

Maybe we can foist them on Canada.

Looking at the behavior of the House of Windsor, one can see why Britain needed an empire. Baron Wankersnot starts tarnishing the brand, send him to India or wherever on "critical Crown business" where hopefully he'll die of cholera. 

Wouldn't work with Canada Turdo has soured most people up here with his choice of Governor General the Queens representative in Canada. Apparently female astronauts can be controlling and  mentally unstable sometimes creating very toxic work environments. So the next one will have to be picked and vetted carefully not just picked because they tick the virtual signaling boxes.

As for sensitivity training I would pay just to see them try to put Prince Philip through it.