Because The British Royal Family

DougRichards

Time for a thread of their own perhaps?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-21/prince-andrew-steps-down-royal-duties-over-jeffrey-epstein/11723894

a taste:

It was the only way it could go.

The Duke of York's interview with the BBC was so appalling there was no way the Queen's second, and supposedly favourite son, could continue in public life.

Trying to clear oneself in the court of public opinion is never a sound idea; the next interview the Prince gives should be with the FBI.

Everything in the statement that has now come should have been said in the hour-long interview.

The gravity of the situation has hit home at Buckingham Palace.

The Duke said he asked the Queen if he could step back from public duties, but whether he made the decision or it was forced upon him, it was the only way forward for the Royal family.

The Royal family's brand has been deeply damaged across the globe by one of its most senior members.

Edited by DougRichards

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the because British thread, there was another story saying he wants another interview to put right what he got wrong in the last one. Im thinking that at this rate, the next interview he is going to get is with the FBI.

I dont believe he did it though. Ive always personally thought Andrew was Gay.

On the because British thread, there was another story saying he wants another interview to put right what he got wrong in the last one. Im thinking that at this rate, the next interview he is going to get is with the FBI.

I dont believe he did it though. Ive always personally thought Andrew was Gay.

I thought that Edward was the gay (what a misuse of what was once a great anglo word for 'happy'!!!) one.

No, Edward I think he is just a pussy. Which is fair enough really, every family has one.

There was an allegation made about 10 years ago that a Royal servant had found one of the male members of the Royal Family in bed with a male servant. It was actually blocked from UK newspapers, but I never managed to find out who it was. But I always thought it was Andrew. Partly because he is single, partly because he has no evident private life, and also because of the unexplained ending of his marriage. I dont see him as a Pedophile personally,

Dickhead? Well yes. I think that is just the Mountbatten side coming out.

The Crown (the netflix series) has an explanation for this. The Windsors have 2 flavours: quiet, reliable and boring or social, fun and dangerous, guess Charles is the first and Andrew, the second.

No, Edward I think he is just a pussy. Which is fair enough really, every family has one.

There was an allegation made about 10 years ago that a Royal servant had found one of the male members of the Royal Family in bed with a male servant. It was actually blocked from UK newspapers, but I never managed to find out who it was. But I always thought it was Andrew. Partly because he is single, partly because he has no evident private life, and also because of the unexplained ending of his marriage. I dont see him as a Pedophile personally,

What was the problem? That the royal was in bed with a male, or that the particular male was just a servant? At least it was not with a Coward.....

Pedophile is being used rather loosely. The women Epstein was pimping were post adolescent even if some were too young to consent to sex for money.

It is also entirely possible that Andrew thought they were all 18 or older, even if not.

Pedophile is being used rather loosely. The women Epstein was pimping were post adolescent even if some were too young to consent to sex for money.

It is also entirely possible that Andrew thought they were all 18 or older, even if not.

Actually that was what I was thinking. The main accuser admits to being 17 at the time, but the photo shows someone who could have passed for 19. There is no indication that the Prince paid for sex. If the deed occurred in Britain she would have been over the age of consent and Andrew was not in an official position of power over her. So no apparent crime.

The photo spread around the media seems to show a young woman who appeared to be enjoying herself being in a royal's company.

If he knew she was being paid to have sex with him, then I suspect it's the same as hiring her directly.

It is still incredibly indiscreet of Randy Andy. Surely he can get women of legal age easily enough not to need to befriend a pimp like the late Mr. Epstein. It was even stupider to talk about it. One would have thought his solicitors would have told him to keep quiet.

One would also have thought someone from the British intelligence community would have advised him to keep away from Epstein. A former RAN officer on another board said Aussie diplomats were told to stay clear of him way before he was a publc figure.

If he knew she was being paid to have sex with him, then I suspect it's the same as hiring her directly.

It is still incredibly indiscreet of Randy Andy. Surely he can get women of legal age easily enough not to need to befriend a pimp like the late Mr. Epstein. It was even stupider to talk about it. One would have thought his solicitors would have told him to keep quiet.

One would also have thought someone from the British intelligence community would have advised him to keep away from Epstein. A former RAN officer on another board said Aussie diplomats were told to stay clear of him way before he was a publc figure.

I agree with you in many ways, 'but' (no excuses though) he may have been thinking below the waist rather than his head and failed to consider why would a lovely young woman even think of him (an old man of 40) in a sexual way? Even the royals don't necessarily use their brains.

And the Prince's security detail? Surely they had been in contact with MI5 / 6 / 7 / 8 or whatever (even with Judy Dench!) and asked about Epstein? Isn't anyone who comes in private contact with a royal meant to be vetted?

Edited by DougRichards

True, although you are still in the realms of statutory rape. Which is still very far from ideal.

Andrew has a reputation of not listening to other peoples advice. So its entirely possible he was advised to keep away from him, and told them to Foxtrot Oscar. I gather his media advisor strongly advised him to stay away from this particular interview, and resigned when it became clear he wasnt going to listen. So its very much in his manner im afraid.

The funny thing is, i dont think its going to make much difference. People have stopped looking at Andrew, and are more interested in Harry and Megan. Andrew is in many ways, yesterdays man.

True, although you are still in the realms of statutory rape. Which is still very far from ideal.

Andrew has a reputation of not listening to other peoples advice. So its entirely possible he was advised to keep away from him, and told them to Foxtrot Oscar. I gather his media advisor strongly advised him to stay away from this particular interview, and resigned when it became clear he wasnt going to listen. So its very much in his manner im afraid.

The funny thing is, i dont think its going to make much difference. People have stopped looking at Andrew, and are more interested in Harry and Megan. Andrew is in many ways, yesterdays man.

Well he was the spare heir, now well and truly obsolete in that role, baring the 'King Ralph' situation of course.

Last century he could have been sent somewhere as a governor general somewhere, or even a state governor in an empire country. Just to get him out of the way. Those days are gone.

Do you think that we may have the first royal suicide for some time at some stage soon?

No, I dont think he is a quitter.

I dont know if we could make him Governor of Gibraltar? Im sure his smooth charm would do much to placate our Spanish friends. :)

Governor of St Marie perhaps?

I dont know if we could make him Governor of Gibraltar? Im sure his smooth charm would do much to placate our Spanish friends. :)

He will blend for sure in the party scene at Marbella...

You went and broke the commonwealth poster streak. Shame on you.

:)

Something horribly like this came to mind...

I agree with you in many ways, 'but' (no excuses though) he may have been thinking below the waist rather than his head and failed to consider why would a lovely young woman even think of him (an old man of 40) in a sexual way? Even the royals don't necessarily use their brains.

And the Prince's security detail? Surely they had been in contact with MI5 / 6 / 7 / 8 or whatever (even with Judy Dench!) and asked about Epstein? Isn't anyone who comes in private contact with a royal meant to be vetted?

Why would a young woman want an old man in his sixties? He is rich and famous, of course. Donald Trump once explained it crudely but accurately. Edited by R011

Unfortunately it happens:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/dating-history-of-23yearold-court-clerk-engaged-to-magistrate-68-has-some-surprises/news-story/b46a93fa2f4591decfeaef916fca906f

Now a magistrate here is not a rich and powerful person, but somehow this old bugger thought that he as a 68 year old man had some sort of future with a 23 year old woman (perhaps she should be considered as an over aged teenager seeking a father figure). Two foolish people unfortunately. When it hit the news here she was 'accidentally' killed by a car in a traffic incident (I would assume a really unfortunate suicide by car). Two lonely people both seeking something that would never be healthy for either of them. Note: I said healthy, not 'good' or 'bad'. Some text of the media articles follow.

Tributes have poured in for a “beautiful” young court clerk whose engagement to a Victorian magistrate 45 years her senior sparked headlines and calls for an inquiry by the integrity watchdog.

Ashleigh Petrie, 23, was hit and killed by a car at 1am on Monday in Metung in the East Gippsland region of country Victoria.

Earlier this month Ms Petrie shared the happy news of her engagement to Rodney Higgins, 68, after he popped the question during a holiday to Fiji.

==============

The 23-year-old court clerk engaged to a magistrate more than 40 years her senior previously dated his middle-aged neighbour, it has emerged.

Ashleigh Petrie’s relationship with 68-year-old Rodney Higgins, a grandfather of eight, came to light after she posted loved up pictures of the couple’s engagement on social media.

But before the whirlwind romance — which culminated with a romantic proposal during a Fiji getaway — Ms Petrie was in a relationship with another older man.

Previously she dated businessman Stuart Gowty, 48 and lived with him in Shepparton, north Victoria, Daily Mail Australia reports, posting on social media that she had found the love of life despite a 25-year age gap.

Ms Petrie and Mr Gowty lived next door to her now fiance Magistrate Higgins and his partner of 18 years, who has not been named.

Ms Petrie, who works as clerk in the same court as her fiance, was once very smitten with Mr Gowty, posting countless photos of the pair on her Instagram account often using the hashtag #loveofmylife.

He first appeared on her Instagram feed back in June 2016 after surprising her with a lavish gift, 24 red roses and a Tiffany & Co ring. She captioned the photograph #promisering.

Mr Gowty — who owns a picture framing business — regularly featured in the years afterwards captioned variously “love of my life”, “my amazing man” and “baby”.

In one photo taken at a Western Bulldogs AFL game, the pair took a selfie as they were about to share a kiss. In another they stand pressed together smiling after spending the day at the Shepparton Showgrounds.

By April 20, she was posting photos of her now fiance, Mr Higgins, taken on a trip to the beach.

“Romantic day out with my man,” it read, along with a love heart emoji.

By June, she described posts with Mr Higgins as the “love of my life”.

Her latest relationship sparked a comment from an eagle-eyed friend that read: “Jesus. You are a serial old man dater”.

Mr Higgins was a local lawyer when the two began their relationship but has since been appointed to the bench and has been working as a magistrate in Gippsland Victoria.

Mr Higgins and Ms Petrie now live together in Mirboo North, four hours from Shepparton.

They have enjoyed frequent romantic holidays prior to the Fiji getaway, including a trip to Bali in June when they stayed at the Hyatt Regency and enjoyed poolside cocktails and dinners at the Kayumanis Seaside Sanur.

Last month the pair jetted off to Fiji where Mr Higgins popped the question during a luxury jaunt at the five-star Warwick resort.

“It started with a crush and now I have a ring on my finger. The love of my life asked me to marry him and I said YESSSS,” Ms Petrie wrote on her public Facebook account.

In a separate post she described the “amazing” 10-day holiday, and her excitement at arriving as “Rod’s” girlfriend and leaving as his fiancee.

“I cannot wait to become Mrs Higgins!” she posted at the end of their holiday, along with multiple loved-up snaps of their time away.

“We are actually the funniest couple in the world! We spend all day everyday laughing and being silly, having fun! I don’t know how I got so lucky to find such a sweet and caring man with the same sense of humour, this amazing man is the love of my life!”

Friends and family congratulated the couple online, declaring the ring and their relationship “stunning”.

Edited by DougRichards

There is a lot of stories circling around at the moment, from Prince William saying he is not a huge fan of his uncle Andrew, Andrew conned the Queen into allowing him to give the interview, Prince Charles saying he wants him permanently retired (I do hope that is in the duty sense, and not the Harvey Keitel sense). The truth is the British tabloids are not really a great place to get accurate information, and most of this comes from divining rods, guru's and bullshit artists. Ive really no idea if he has been kicked out of Buckingham palace or not, but nothing would surprise me at the moment.

All that said, there was a fairly thoughtful article Ive just found in the telegraph, where they illustrate just how much the Royal Family has changed. For all its flaws, its probably about the only modernizing organization in Britain right now.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2019/11/24/prince-andrew-debacle-shows-crown-will-always-come-family/

'But for a Prince of the Blood to be sacked – as the Duke effectively was on Wednesday – changes things. It is now clear that the monarchy’s adaptation to the modern world, means that participating membership is not necessarily for life, and can be terminated in order to protect public affection for the Throne. And the Palace will be ruthless to keep threats at bay.'

And they are right at that. its never happened before. I can think of Princes that have been executed or killed on the field of battle, but not stripped of their duties. Even the Duke of Windsor was kept vaguely busy in WW2 (probably to keep him out of German hands, admittedly). Its also worth reflecting on the transgressions of the Duke of Kent, before he unfortunately (or perhaps for the future of the Royal Family, fortunately) wrapped himself around a Scottish hillside in a Sunderland flying boat.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/414924/Scandal-of-forgotten-Prince-George-Duke-of-Kent-and-his-tormented-lovechild

So this is new, and as far as im concerned, entirely welcome. Its deeply strange that the Royal Family is about the only British institution that seems capable of embracing the 21st Century.