tanknet.org

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he did was technically leglish, but any self respecting journalist would have known the advice he got would not survive the front page. The CPC should told him to own up and apologise, this deal where a senior party member lends him $90,000 to pay the bill and keep it quiet was just stupid.

Mexico, now available with Pirates.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/apparent-pirate-attack-ship-mexico-wounds-italians-66950702

The Mexican navy says two Italian crew members were wounded in an attack by armed assailants who boarded their ship in the Gulf of Mexico.

The pirate attack was apparently carried out by several armed men who approached the Italian-flagged ship Rema in two fishing boats.

The Mexican navy said Tuesday that one Italian suffered a blow to the head, and the other was shot. It did not comment on their condition.

The navy says it dispatched a fast boat to the site of the attack late Monday off the coast of Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche.

The southern Gulf of Mexico has seen an increasing number of pirate attacks on oil platforms and boats in recent years.

Agree Colin. Just shows being a politician corrupts. ;)

No, it's more than that. Duffy had a formidable reputation as a straight shooter and it turns out he wasn't. The take away lesson is that sometimes the people that shout out the loudest about morality and rules are the ones you need to watch the most.

Personally i think it's something in the water on Parliament Hill that turns smart people into doofus. I seen it time and time again and have even asked senior management if they were prepared to back their decision making process in public. I knew in my career I would make mistakes, but I was always ready to defend how I made that decision in a court of law or the press.

• 3 weeks later...

the Mexican government seems pretty angry about the possibility of the drug cartels being labelled terrorist organizations.

It seems that they protest too much as the old saying goes

Agreed, it seems that they might lose their bribes, and kickbacks. The Mexican Government at all levels is complicit. But the US hunger for drugs is also part of the problem.

the Mexican government seems pretty angry about the possibility of the drug cartels being labelled terrorist organizations.

Plata o plomo is a difficult choice once your nation gets to the point where they can kill/kidnap whomever they want and can face down the military let alone the hopelessly compromised Federales. My guess is that even el Presidente de Mexico wouldn't last long if he really went after the cartels. Mexico is a failed state at this point.

Mexico can fairly be described as a failed state at this point and that doesn't bother me. The problem we have is a lack of border controls between a failed state and the United States. The Democrats operate under the false notion that Mexico is a thriving nation with no issues and that is the main problem.

As Mexico spirals into unstoppable crime it becomes time to close the border entirely.

Mexico can fairly be described as a failed state at this point and that doesn't bother me. The problem we have is a lack of border controls between a failed state and the United States. The Democrats operate under the false notion that Mexico is a thriving nation with no issues and that is the main problem.

As Mexico spirals into unstoppable crime it becomes time to close the border entirely.

Wait until rockets start flying over.

Plata o plomo is a difficult choice once your nation gets to the point where they can kill/kidnap whomever they want and can face down the military let alone the hopelessly compromised Federales. My guess is that even el Presidente de Mexico wouldn't last long if he really went after the cartels. Mexico is a failed state at this point.

Maybe it's time for the USAF to take a crack at the cartels....

The Federales don't exist anymore, they have been replaced by the military Guardia Nacional - which is clueless about Police work, but clean. Mexico is not a failed state per se, as the state still exist and it may come around to face the cartels, but the underlying problem of sitting across the border from a huge market for illegal drugs means that for every cartel that is taken down, another will come up as the money is just too good. Same for illegals, the harder it is to get in the US, the higher the pay-off.

I'm curious as to your plan for making up the labor shortfall. Who will fix your roads, teach your kids, harvest your food, prepare your meals when you eat out, and tend your elderly?

There aren't enough people here to do these things. We really need our immigrants.

Contributor-II-new-graphi.png

A secure border, reduces the flow of illegals, meaning there is a hope of getting through the backlog of immigration case reviews. With the secure border, you need a decent guest worker program and a legitimate immigration system. This would all help Mexico in the long run as legitimate

Edited by Colin

I'm curious as to your plan for making up the labor shortfall. Who will fix your roads, teach your kids, harvest your food, prepare your meals when you eat out, and tend your elderly?

There aren't enough people here to do these things. We really need our immigrants.

Contributor-II-new-graphi.png

The work can be either gapped or the shortfall made up by mechanization. Shortage of labor has ALWAYS been the driving force for human progress.

Why do you hate human progress? S/F....Ken M