Estonia And Lmt Sign Contract

Yes, I'm familiar with your national laws. It's actually arguably easier for a private individual to get a post 86 selective fire weapon here than in the US (google "HBSA + machine gun"). You will have seen a bunch of Forgotten Weapons videos Ian made at a movie guns rental company in Canada to get his hands on things he couldn't in the US. Some things you consider "destructive devices" are no harder to get here than a single shot .22 rifle. A 155mm howitzer and Ruger 10/22 are on the same licence here. My Ruger Mk 1 bull barrel is now a "prohibited weapon" and was smelted 22 years ago, but I can have a Chiftain tank with an operational main gun. Personally, I'd be far happier with Alabama gun laws, but I think they're right for Alabama, not the UK. I'd stick with our hunting and fishing laws though :)

legally, could you hunt with a chieftain tank then or is it unsportsmanlike? :)

The problem would be that, with a Section 1 firearm, unlike a shotgun, you have to be granted "conditions" for its use that reflect the intended purpose(s) or "good reasons" for which you applied to possess it. If you put down "hunting" as a good reason, you would almost certainly be turned down*. Unfortunately you couldn't get around it by simply smoothboring the barrel as anything over 2 inches in calibre is at least Section 1 in status, but you could fit a subcalibre insert in the gun to up to 2 inch smoothbore and hunt with it, legally.

*And might receive a visit from the Police and your local Community Mental Health Team :)

The problem would be that, with a Section 1 firearm, unlike a shotgun, you have to be granted "conditions" for its use that reflect the intended purpose(s) or "good reasons" for which you applied to possess it. If you put down "hunting" as a good reason, you would almost certainly be turned down*. Unfortunately you couldn't get around it by simply smoothboring the barrel as anything over 2 inches in calibre is at least Section 1 in status, but you could fit a subcalibre insert in the gun to up to 2 inch smoothbore and hunt with it, legally.

A foxhunt steed for the gentleman of the 21st century!

20mm is close to 10g... Just saying :D

I think in the States 10g is the limit allowed on migratory wildfowl since laws came in to prevent market hunting in the 1900s. Here we still have a number of people who use "punt guns". Maximum calibre 1.75 inches. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punt_gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9r_ZckAmkc

20mm is close to 10g... Just saying :D

I think in the States 10g is the limit allowed on migratory wildfowl since laws came in to prevent market hunting in the 1900s. Here we still have a number of people who use "punt guns". Maximum calibre 1.75 inches. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punt_gun

10ga is usually for turkey. I haven't seen a 10ga in stores for years.

10 Gauge has had a bit of a renaissance in Europe, because lead shot is being frowned upon. To have the same mass thrown at fowl (or clay pigeons), some hunters switch to 10 ga steel shot.

10 Gauge has had a bit of a renaissance in Europe, because lead shot is being frowned upon. To have the same mass thrown at fowl (or clay pigeons), some hunters switch to 10 ga steel shot.

3.5" 12 ga pretty much obsoleted 10 ga in the US, because it offers almost the same capability in a lighter handier gun. I have heard that, with the same load of shot in the same choke, the 10 ga does pattern significantly better though.

3.5" 12 ga pretty much obsoleted 10 ga in the US, because it offers almost the same capability in a lighter handier gun. I have heard that, with the same load of shot in the same choke, the 10 ga does pattern significantly better though.

Shorter, squarer shot charges generally pattern better than longer charges.

• 1 year later...

well, co-worker just got back from reservist training and was amongst the first to handle the  R-20 as the LMT´s new official designation goes.

the weapon seems to be light and very accurate, ´hope that´s not on account of reliability´ as he said ( he´s done tour in Afg and as they were together with US Cav, he has done some familiarisation on M4, i remember him going very quiet when he heard that our new weapon is going to be AR). overall, he seemed guarded but optimistic.