Swedish Police Seeking New Handgun

While the G17 or Sig 320 makes sense, political and favouritism will rear it's head.

All the pistols in the list are going to be adequate for the job. I personally like the Steyr M9, because it fits my hand better than the Glock does. Also low bore axis really makes it shoot more comfortabel than the glock.

I hope it is Sauer & Sohn from germany that submitted the P320, SIG-Sauer USA has a spotty quality record as of late.

Interesting that CZ UB has submitted several different models.

Or you know, they could just overhaul their P226. Not much wrong wiht these and I doubt every swedish police officer is going to get issued an Aimpoint ACRO. As colin has said already, it will depend on the whole package deal and political machinations.

What handgun is currently in use with the Swedish military?

Since 1988, we have used the Glock 17 and Glock 19.

Relatively early adopters thereof.

Whatever pistol is chosen it will need to be lighter that the Sig Sauer currently used. That is one of the complaints of the gun. I doubt that it will be the Glock17 since they earlier had a demand of a separate safety plus I think there was a demand that it should be able to decock it (I don't think you can do that on the Glock, right?)

/R