Does/did The Rn Need Qe Class Aircraft Carriers.

I remember in the 1990's they converted the entire British Army tank transporter units to civilian operation, which would become a called up TA unit in wartime. I think that is about as far as im willing to go with privatization of the Army, but of course, many bureaucrats since have gone much, much further. It was actually proposed to sell the entire British tank fleet to Avis cars, and rent it back when we needed it. Thankfully that never came to pass, although the Ashchurch, the main tank storage depot, was nearly knocked down to become a housing estate. It still might, being a wartime building they have to close part of it after discovering it was partly built from Asbestos.

I think we ought to sell off the entire Royal Navy to Group 4 and rent back as needed. They would probably let it sink at quayside, but think of the money saved!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember in the 1990's they converted the entire British Army tank transporter units to civilian operation, which would become a called up TA unit in wartime. I think that is about as far as im willing to go with privatization of the Army, but of course, many bureaucrats since have gone much, much further. It was actually proposed to sell the entire British tank fleet to Avis cars, and rent it back when we needed it. Thankfully that never came to pass, although the Ashchurch, the main tank storage depot, was nearly knocked down to become a housing estate. It still might, being a wartime building they have to close part of it after discovering it was partly built from Asbestos.

I think we ought to sell off the entire Royal Navy to Group 4 and rent back as needed. They would probably let it sink at quayside, but think of the money saved!

Don't suggest it! It might well happen. Didn't we end up lending/giving many of our latest tank transporters to the Americans in Germany/Poland? Let me google it...

We have leased 18 HETs to the US Army in Europe.