tanknet.org

Digital Combat Simulator

21 hours ago, Daan said:

Unfortunately getting a tad bored with Cyberpunk, I tried my hand at case I carrier landings with the F-14B yesterday, no straight-in approach but the neat landing pattern. Ooph, I am utterly crap at that. I find it really hard to get the plane on speed AoA when coming out of the crosswind lag, all the while preventing a nose and altitude drop.

I am in awe of this guy's skill:

You didn't press the correct button:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setup the autopilot and use that whilst getting the gear and flaps down. Autopilot has an autotrim mode. If you drop the throttle back, by the time you got all those down you are approaching 150 knots, and you can then put autothrottle on.

I made sure I put the dlc on an axis, for example, the is the side axis on the throttle control. Makes it easier to control than just on or off you get from the joystick.

Have fun. This is far easier than middair refuelling, which I still struggle with....

Just tried it again, now with the F/A-18C (better HUD) and closely copying Matt Wagner's steps in his Supercarrier Case I video. I came in too low on the base leg, but managed to snag the no. 3 wire. 😄

AA refueling, tried that a long time ago with the Mirage, very frustrating experience. However, I intend to learn it, eventually.