Odd Internet Outages

NickM

This morning, My comcast service partially conked out--TV Cable OK but no phone, WiFi or internet; now after several resets by the company I can get partially on line;

My cable TV is unaffected by & my phone is ok, but there seems to be rolling outages with my internet-one minute THIS GRATE SITE and Youtube and others are accessible but then they're not.

My email tells me my service is corrupted but then another email service I use is OK;

Is something goin' on?

What sort of errors are you seeing? There are many ways for the Rube Goldberg contraption that computers and the internet form to break. Without specific error codes, it is difficult to say what is wrong.

There has been no widespread issue on the internet that I know of in the last few days.

What sort of errors are you seeing? There are many ways for the Rube Goldberg contraption that computers and the internet form to break. Without specific error codes, it is difficult to say what is wrong.

There has been no widespread issue on the internet that I know of in the last few days.

The most common one simply says 'The Connection has timed out' but with Gmail the error says: "Corrupted Content Error The site at https:@@@@@@@@@@@@ has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired."

My google-fu says this is a Mozilla/Firefox issue, and likely related to a bad plugin: "Google Search Fixer" - disable that extension/addon and it may fix it.

Or that's simply where the mob brain trust has mostly encountered the issue before, and it is in fact unrelated.

I've never heard of that error before.