Tank Net Listed As "deceptive Site Ahead"

17thfabn

Tank Net listed as a deceptive site.

When I go to log on Tank Net a red screen comes up saying deceptive site ahead.

To log on I have to click on that I want to visit this potentially dangerous site.

What is the issue?

Edited by 17thfabn

A lot of MSM narrative busting takes place here. So Google was assigned to label the site as "deceptive".

I'm also on armchair general forums. They have a much more active politics forum. Lots of bashing of the media on there. I've never had this type of problem on there.

I can't remember exactly when it started, seems like a year ago?

A lot of MSM narrative busting takes place here. So Google was assigned to label the site as "deceptive".

I'm also on armchair general forums. They have a much more active politics forum. Lots of bashing of the media on there. I've never had this type of problem on there.

I can't remember exactly when it started, seems like a year ago?

Quality is in the eye of the beholder.

Sorry, i kid, real reason seems to be unknown. Its been called deceptive for months now. I think the site owners are aware andtried to address but to of no avail I guess.

There's a company that sells and maintain high end tanks for liquor storage and manufacture and their online support software is called of course Tanknet. I suspect they are somehow behind this issues

To log on I have to click on that I want to visit this potentially dangerous site.

What is the issue?

The issue is that the Tank-net.com domain still doesn't use SSL encryption.

Applying that would make the warning go away.

Alternatively you can of course configure your browser to NOT transmit every URL that you want to surf to to Google first and ask for their approval rating (that "Google service to protect against malware and phishing", or the "address completion" in your browser's address bar, all of which transmit your web browsing activity to third parties that collect such data).

What is the issue?

The issue is that the Tank-net.com domain still doesn't use SSL encryption.

Applying that would make the warning go away.

).

Okay that makes sense. Our local library went through the same thing about a year ago.

I was a little worried, there are a few characters on tank net who remind me of Dr. Evil.

Edited by 17thfabn

One of the things that chrome notes is that it's blocked ads as "the site tends to show intrusive ads"

That's news to me, unless it's picking up all the old, broken photobucket links as intrusive ads, which would be a fair point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder if thecommenht in the Whine Cellar about the link to the deceased domain of the forum skin is a contributor. If mobile users are using the mobile skin, they won't see this link.

Hmm, well TN was slow before, also. Dead links don't affect load speeds, as this particular link leads to an alternative (although not relevant) URL. Anyway, the slowness has happened in the past and then sppeded up again. Possible server(s) overload at certain times.