1/350 Scale 5"/38 Mount

Anbody have a couple extra (4) laying around. Open mount if you please. Also (2) 40 mm quad mount or twin 3 inch 50. For a build I am doing. Thanks in advance.

You have me very intrigued - every vessel I can think of had either quad 40mm or twin 3inch 50 - not both. Also it was not clear if you meant the single or twin 5"/38.

Anbody have a couple extra (4) laying around. Open mount if you please. Also (2) 40 mm quad mount or twin 3 inch 50. For a build I am doing. Thanks in advance.

You have me very intrigued - every vessel I can think of had either quad 40mm or twin 3inch 50 - not both. Also it was not clear if you meant the single or twin 5"/38.

USS Juneau?

If you mean CL-119, I'm pretty sure it had its quad 40s and associated FCS replaced by twin 3"/50s and would not have had both on it simultaneously. That was a nice catch though Doug - I didn't realise any of the 5" anti aircraft cruisers had served significantly post war, let alone been re-armed. Juneau was unique in that respect. i wonder why they bothered?

Four (4) Single 5" 38 open mounts are what I am looking for. I would like the 3" 50 twin mount but 40MM quad is also workable for what I am trying. Have two tubs I am looking to fill. Either would work. That is for a 1/350 Essex Class.

Also doing a build on a 1/350 Scale CB3 USS Hawaii. Would like to replace the Quad 40MM with 3" 50 Twin but having a hard time finding the 3" twin mount

Four (4) Single 5" 38 open mounts are what I am looking for. I would like the 3" 50 twin mount but 40MM quad is also workable for what I am trying. Have two tubs I am looking to fill. Either would work. That is for a 1/350 Essex Class.

Also doing a build on a 1/350 Scale CB3 USS Hawaii. Would like to replace the Quad 40MM with 3" 50 Twin but having a hard time finding the 3" twin mount

Is this a hypothetical build as Hawaii was never completed? Are you going for the proposed command ship conversion?

• 1 year later...
On 11/14/2018 at 4:00 PM, Chris Werb said:

Is this a hypothetical build as Hawaii was never completed? Are you going for the proposed command ship conversion?

Yes.   Hypo build of Hawaii with the 3/50.   Sorry for not replying sooner.   Life got in the way.