Because The Roman Catholic Church

Murph

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's sorta-kinda accurate if by "a few years ago" you mean "a few decades ago", and it's debatable if the Greens weren't actually subverted by pedo activists who exploited their naivety surrounding the complex of abolishing the criminalization of homosexuality (and later the general thrust for gay rights/gay emancipation).

Conflating themselves with homosexuals has arguably been the greatest success of the pro-pedophilia movement, even though both are in fact entirely separate sexual orientations. While preference of the same or other sex seems to be roughly 50:50 among them, the defining characteristic of pedophilia is the attraction to pre-pubescent persons; pedophiles can't function with adults of either sex any better than homosexuals with the respective other sex (though obviously in either case, there are closeted types who can keep up a working appearance and even have families of their own).

It doesn't get any better by many people lumping relations with underage, but sexually mature persons in with pedophilia - you're really doing the activists a favor because you obfuscate pretty clear distinctions. Catholic canon law, to circle back to the topic, actually sets female age of consent to marriage at 14, which happens to co-incide with age of sexual consent plus/minus one year in large parts of the world (in some Mexican states, the Philippines and Angola it's as low as twelve); Islam has no definite marriageable age but makes puberty of both parties a condition, which really cuts to the heart of the matter - sorta "if it bleeds (or squirts), it goes", the basic biological rule.

The problem is not generally paedophillia, since many of the victims were young men, but instead pederasty which is exclusively homosexual. That is why certain cardinals call it the "Lavender Mafia". There is a gay problem with the church, but it is not that possibly upwards of 60% of priests are gay, it is that group that decides the Church is their happy hunting ground. Those gay priests who live according to the rules, and gospel are ok by me since they don't break the rules, and they live the life that people think of when they think about priests.

The problem is not generally paedophillia, since many of the victims were young men, but instead pederasty which is exclusively homosexual. That is why certain cardinals call it the "Lavender Mafia". There is a gay problem with the church, but it is not that possibly upwards of 60% of priests are gay, it is that group that decides the Church is their happy hunting ground. Those gay priests who live according to the rules, and gospel are ok by me since they don't break the rules, and they live the life that people think of when they think about priests.

It seems unrealistic, to me, to create an organisation staffed by men who are denied the opposite sex and physical relations with any sex and not expect a significant proportion of them to get involved in some sort of covert sexual activity. The fact that any sexual activity had to be (and still has to be) covert was obviously going to lead to deeply embedded and persistent conspiracies to provide that gratification. They then let an organisation where there was obviously a massive conspiracy to provide sex have control/stewardship over vulnerable young males in situations where their members would be alone with them for long periods - without any independent oversight for centuries. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, the independent oversight was meant to be provided by God, with a scale of robust and proportionate punishments ranging from eternity in Hell right through to eternity in Hell. Unfortunately, for that to work, the people concerned had to actually believe in God and the Catholic concept of Hell, which they obviously did not or they wouldn't have engaged in kiddie fiddling or uphill gardening.

Good point

Well, the independent oversight was meant to be provided by God, with a scale of robust and proportionate punishments ranging from eternity in Hell right through to eternity in Hell. Unfortunately, for that to work, the people concerned had to actually believe in God and the Catholic concept of Hell, which they obviously did not or they wouldn't have engaged in kiddie fiddling or uphill gardening.

God grants free will. However, this choice to believe in Jesus Christ depends on whether you'll spend eternity in smoking or non-smoking ;)

The Catholic Church has been granted a quasi extra-judicial status for quite a while. I think that's about to come to a harsh end and they have only themselves to blame. Their true punishment will come when they face their Creator who entrusted them with His word only to be betrayed and more importantly, His flock betrayed. If there's anything at all to the Christian faith, then they are in for a very bad eternity. In the meantime, it's about time to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's in the hardcore jail time department.

The Catholic Church has been granted a quasi extra-judicial status for quite a while. I think that's about to come to a harsh end and they have only themselves to blame. Their true punishment will come when they face their Creator who entrusted them with His word only to be betrayed and more importantly, His flock betrayed. If there's anything at all to the Christian faith, then they are in for a very bad eternity. In the meantime, it's about time to render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's in the hardcore jail time department.

Around here those times ended a few decades ago.

Or if it is forced upon them.

External, independent oversight only works if the members of the organization believe in that Oversight.

Then it is back to state religions, like currently in China. But I do not think protection of minors would be the main task of the overseers.

God grants free will. However, this choice to believe in Jesus Christ depends on whether you'll spend eternity in smoking or non-smoking ;)

It's definitely smoking for me then. At least I'll be in interesting company :)

You would have to understand my father, ever class conflict oriented. Beside, he would only have got into an argument with St Peter on the gate to the other place.

There was actually a Saint, I forget which one, that fornicated and wined his way through life, not because he really wanted to, but he wanted to administer to the lost souls in hell. Similar kinda thinking.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith

(...)

There was actually a Saint, I forget which one, that fornicated and wined his way through life, not because he really wanted to, but he wanted to administer to the lost souls in hell. Similar kinda thinking.

Once one is in Hell there is no way back, so I doubt very much that story.

The RCC just keep digging that hole deeper. I might as well go back to being a Protestant at this rate, since it does not appear that anything is going to be done except a Democrat level cover-up.

You could shift to COE or Episcopalian. OR the other direction and try Eastern Orthodox. There's probably an Orthodox church around some pocket of Byzantine Greeks in Texas seems to be odd pockets of every other European culture there.

Edited by rmgill

The COE have been going through its own scandal recently, so Its more than just one faith, it seems to be all of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/23/establishment-rallied-to-help-ex-bishop-later-jailed-for-abuse

Maybe this is one of the side benefits of more social networking, secrets like this are easier to out now than they used to be.

It is all of them. And the Boy Scouts, teachers, and lots of others. Various Establishments either ignored or covered up complaints to avoid scandal, protect comrades, and not alienate bosses. The RCC just happens to be the biggest single organization. They also have a PR plan that may as well been devized by Ian Paisley.

Edited by R011

The RCC just keep digging that hole deeper. I might as well go back to being a Protestant at this rate, since it does not appear that anything is going to be done except a Democrat level cover-up.

You could shift to COE or Episcopalian. OR the other direction and try Eastern Orthodox. There's probably an Orthodox church around some pocket of Byzantine Greeks in Texas seems to be odd pockets of every other European culture there.

No go on the ECUSA, I was one for most of my life, baptized, an altar boy, married in an Episcopal church. They are dead to me.

38878445c6f30508eb3d0de1a3602857.jpg

It is all of them. And the Boy Scouts, teachers, and lots of others. Various Establishments either ignored or covered up complaints to avoid scandal, protect comrades, and not alienate bosses. The RCC just happens to be the biggest single organization. They also have a PR plan that may as well been devized by Ian Paisley.

It is an issue in Amish and the more orthodox Jewish communities too. It is important to remember while it is a significant issue in the Roman Catholic Church, the issue has been weaponized and memed by the political opponents of the church who have a legion of pedophiles in their own ranks. I am no fan of the Roman Catholic Church, but neither am I a fan of their left wing pederast enemies in Hollywood and elsewhere either. The appointment of commie pope is a direct result of church trying to do PR damage control to appease these idiots.

No go on the ECUSA, I was one for most of my life, baptized, an altar boy, married in an Episcopal church. They are dead to me.

38878445c6f30508eb3d0de1a3602857.jpg

I was baptized Roman Catholic, grew up in the ECUSA, and am now part of ACNA/GAFCON. I would have literally nothing to do with ECUSA (having been excommunicated from them) were my parent's not still members. This meme pic is spot on. The amazing part to me is how the female "Bishop" in the picture spent millions of dollars the ECUSA didn't have to sue the ACNA separatist congregations, and defaulting on the mortgage on the ECUSA HQ building in the process. Had she seen to her own house instead of conducting a scorched earth campaign... well... I may be bitter, but it's with a damned good reason. The Apostate will double down on their apostasy.

A deacon refuses to assist at Mass for Cardinal Wuerl: https://pjmedia.com/faith/prominent-d-c-deacon-calls-on-cardinal-wuerl-to-resign-says-he-will-no-longer-assist-him-during-mass/ It looks like the conspiracy of silence is starting to crumble. Then there was the pope, sigh, he states that if you expose bishops sin then you are in league with the devil. Can he get any more ignorant? Or does the Lavender Mafia have something they are holding over him? He is a Jesuit after all.