Because The Roman Catholic Church

Murph

Well they now have problems which have finally started coming out into the sunlight. I have always felt that sunlight is the best disinfectant, and I congratulate those brave souls who are no longer covering up for the corrupt church leaders. The "Lavender Mafia" as described by some Archbishops is in full panic mode. One Archbishop stated that the Pope has more important things like Global Warming to worry about, than pederasty in the Church. Well I have taken my stand: I have told my intensely Catholic Mexican-American wife that I cannot in good conscience attend church any longer unless and until the Church gets serious about cleaning house. I spent 13 years putting child molesters and rapists in prison and I cannot compromise my beliefs just to attend Mass. I, personally, am sickened, disgusted, and appalled at the Church, and this leftist Jesuit Pope in their attempts to protect the pederasts who have turned the Church into a whorehouse. https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2018/09/03/catholic-editor-sex-abuse-scandal-could-split-the-church-like-another-reformation/ http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/30/pederasty-cover-will-make-civil-war-within-catholic-church/ https://www.breitbart.com/news/ex-vatican-official-francis-ignored-mccarrick-abuse-allegations/ https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/14/hundreds-of-predator-priests-exposed-in-pa-grand-jury-sex-abuse-report/

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they now have problems which have finally started coming out into the sunlight. I have always felt that sunlight is the best disinfectant, and I congratulate those brave souls who are no longer covering up for the corrupt church leaders. The "Lavender Mafia" as described by some Archbishops is in full panic mode. One Archbishop stated that the Pope has more important things like Global Warming to worry about, than pederasty in the Church. Well I have taken my stand: I have told my intensely Catholic Mexican-American wife that I cannot in good conscience attend church any longer unless and until the Church gets serious about cleaning house. I spent 13 years putting child molesters and rapists in prison and I cannot compromise my beliefs just to attend Mass. I, personally, am sickened, disgusted, and appalled at the Church, and this leftist Jesuit Pope in their attempts to protect the pederasts who have turned the Church into a whorehouse. https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2018/09/03/catholic-editor-sex-abuse-scandal-could-split-the-church-like-another-reformation/ http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/30/pederasty-cover-will-make-civil-war-within-catholic-church/ https://www.breitbart.com/news/ex-vatican-official-francis-ignored-mccarrick-abuse-allegations/ https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/14/hundreds-of-predator-priests-exposed-in-pa-grand-jury-sex-abuse-report/

Agree. The leadership of the Catholic Church--at all levels of power--has failed for a long time including the present. The one bright spot through the years has been its school system at the elementary level. In my area, there are about as many non-Catholics attending as Catholics.

Plenty of Catholics are livid with the way some corrupt Catholic hierarchy deals with those sacrilegious scumbags. The fact that a former Nuncio decided to go public with facts that he could prove, despite several oaths that forbid him to talk about what he knows because of the duties he discharged in the past, tells volumes.

However, that is no reason for not attending Mass. One believes in the Holy Roman Catholic Church not because of the Pope, nor the Bishops, nor the laity, but because Who established she.

It should be possible to find some parish that is not fabulous, at least.

However, that is no reason for not attending Mass. One believes in the Holy Roman Catholic Church not because of the Pope, nor the Bishops, nor the laity, but because Who established she.

Careful. You're but one step away from protestantism with that attitude.

I still do not rule a German principality with money problems that has some rich monasteries within. :P

Splitters!

I don't think there is going to be any real progress made in the church until there is a pope willing to address the two elephants in the room which is the gays and pedophiles in the church leadership structure. Before any of the more sensitive types on here accuse me of equating gays to pedophiles, I'm not. Both are messy issues that need to be addressed for different reasons and in different ways. I don't care if a priest is gay, what bothers me is it being an open secret that is just accepted while the church leadership continues to preach a negative view on homosexuality to its conservative congregations to keep their money flowing.

Edited by Mr King

My father, who left the RCC before I was born, and whom I have come to suspect was victimized by it as a child...

is of the opinion that every cleric in the RCC (or at least every cleric in a position of authority and oversight above the molesters) should be registered sex offenders. All the way up to include the Pope.

I think it has some merit. Especially if most western countries did similar. Might motivate the RCC to fix things instead of sweep them under the rug.

I don't think there is going to be any real progress made in the church until there is a pope willing to address the two elephants in the room which is the gays and pedophiles in the church leadership structure. Before any of the more sensitive types on here accuse me of equating gays to pedophiles, I'm not. Both are messy issues that need to be addressed for different reasons and in different ways. I don't care if a priest is gay, what bothers me is it being an open secret that is just accepted while the church leadership continues to preach a negative view on homosexuality to its conservative congregations to keep their money flowing.

Quite agree. There are statistics around that support that position.

My father, who left the RCC before I was born, and whom I have come to suspect was victimized by it as a child...

is of the opinion that every cleric in the RCC (or at least every cleric in a position of authority and oversight above the molesters) should be registered sex offenders. All the way up to include the Pope.

I think it has some merit. Especially if most western countries did similar. Might motivate the RCC to fix things instead of sweep them under the rug.

I am very sorry for your father, CT96.

I think I've known pretty well around 20 priests, most of them members of a certain Catholic outfit, and only know of one convicted molester, a Brother that worked in my childhood school. The members of the aforementioned outfit are quite outstanding individuals. Of course, that outfit does not accept people with unconventional sexual tastes, and strives to avoid them.

Edited by sunday

Every organisation has its bad apples. How an organisation is judged depends on how it deals with those. Unfortunately the Church of Rome has not had a good history for a while in successfully dealing with those criminals.

Recently an Archbishop has been found guilty and sentenced in Australia for covering up abuse in the 1970s. The perpetrator died in prison in 2006.

In the interest of fairness I will quote the Catholic Weekly's article:

https://www.catholicweekly.com.au/court-finds-adelaide-archbishop-guilty/

Adelaide Archbishop Philip Wilson has been found guilty of concealing child sexual abuse at a hearing in Newcastle Local Court.

The 67-year-old was accused of covering up abuse by priest Jim Fletcher in the NSW Hunter region in the 1970s.

Following the verdict, Archbishop Wilson said he was considering his options.

“I am obviously disappointed at the decision published today,” he said.

“I will now have to consider the reasons [for the judgment] and consult closely with my lawyers to determine the next steps.

“I do not propose to make any further comment at this stage.”

The prosecution alleged the Archbishop knew late paedophile priest James Patrick Fletcher had indecently assaulted Hunter Valley man Peter Creigh when he was a 10-year-old altar boy, and that despite knowing that information, he failed to assist police in prosecuting Fletcher.

Mr Creigh told the court that in 1976, when he was 15, he told Archbishop Wilson, then a priest, what Fletcher had done to him years earlier in 1971.

Mr Creigh claims he raised the matter again with Archbishop Wilson months later but nothing was done.

Fletcher died in jail in 2006.

In handing down his guilty verdict Magistrate Robert Stone said he found “the offence proved” and Mr Creigh to be an honest and reliable witness.

The Archbishop faced an eight-day trial earlier this year after being charged in March, 2015, with one count of concealing a serious indictable offence. The charge carries a maximum penalty of two-year imprisonment.

The prosecution has called for a custodial sentence.

Australian Catholic Bishop Conference President Archbishop Mark Coleridge said following about the verdict: “Archbishop Philip Wilson has today been found guilty of failing to inform police about allegations of child sexual abuse.

“Archbishop Wilson maintained his innocence throughout this long judicial process. It is not yet clear if he will appeal the verdict.

“The Catholic Church, like other institutions, has learned a great deal about the tragedy of child sexual abuse and has implemented stronger programs, policies and procedures to protect children and vulnerable adults.

“The safety of children and vulnerable adults is paramount for the Church and its ministries.”

Archbishop Wilson remains on bail until his sentence hearing on June 19.

==========================================

Going back to the 1980s, I was going out with a young woman of that faith. She revealed to me that a Catholic priest has once put the hard word on her. She declined to respond in the way that the representative of God wanted her to.

Also in the interest of fairness: the Anglican Church in Australia has had its own nasty history of abuse,

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-17/anglican-church-ashamed-child-sex-abuse-royal-commission/8363126

As the Anglican Church does not require celibacy of its clergy, it is clear that celibacy, of and by itself, if not a predisposition for child and other abuse.

Also, there has been in the news here reports of a female Jewish school principal who fled to Israel, with the assistance of members of her particular separatist group, when it became known that police were investigating the abuse that she had carried out on young women and girls in her care. At least the Israeli judicial system is not shielding this woman and is working with Australian authorities to have her extradited back to Australia to answer the charges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adass_Israel_School_sex_abuse_scandal

So the abuse of children and other vulnerable people is not restricted to any one faith. But it becomes a paramount problem when any organisation refuses to assist the victims, or shelters the abusers.

Those who assist in the coverup of the crime are as guilty as those who commit it, and should face a like punishment. This isn't a rebuke of the general rank-and-file clerics of all levels. This is a rebuke of the leadership that has found excuse after excuse to not bring it to a close. Any sufficiently large organization will have bad apples. What matters is how those bad apples are treated when the are found to be bad. Good/healthy/respectable organizations excise the bad apple, and either develop or deploy existing standard procedures to treat the damage inflicted. Bad/unhealthy/disrespectable organizations ignore the bad apple and the damage inflicted, while covering up that it happened and playing PR games.

The RCC clearly falls into the latter category. This is a failure of leadership. As a believer, the leadership has all earned millstones about their necks, and to be tossed into the sea.

"...Before any of the more sensitive types on here accuse me of equating gays to pedophiles, I'm not."

You should. It is a documented medical and judicial fact that homosexuals--a group consisting of about 2%-3% of the general population--commit about 1/3 of pedophile crimes.

Edited by Rick

Agreed. The gay molester issue is the elephant, and with the current "Lavender Mafia" in the church I don't hold out hope it will get addressed. It is not PC after all.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/catholic-lay-men-ask-pope-francis-for-answers-46079

Denver, Colo., Sep 5, 2018 / 07:00 pm (CNA).- One week after thousands of Catholic laywomen signed a letter asking Pope Francis to respond to their questions about the Church’s sexual abuse crisis, a group of Catholic laymen have penned their own letter to the pope and American bishops, calling for an investigation into the Church’s role in preventing sexual abuse.

The letter is hosted on the website “Catholic Men United for Christ,” but it is not sponsored by any group or organization. The signatories of the letter pledge to do some form of fasting on each Friday starting Sept. 7, and continuing through 2018.

Signatories include popular Catholic author Scott Hahn, radio host Al Kresta, along with other notable Catholic leaders.

... snip.......... Before any of the more sensitive types on here accuse me of equating gays to pedophiles, I'm not. ...snip ...........

I don´t see a great problem with that.

The Greens here had it one of their goals just up to a few years ago to repeal the law againest sex with children, mostly to protect their gay contingent from proseqution, whereas probably no one was ever jailed anyway.

isn´t there a theory/observation that this pedo crap gained such popularity with the hippies in the 60s ? Of course the internet did the most harm.

Edited by Martin M

I wouldn't mind if they kept it among themselves, really, like these two.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Two-Priests-Arrested-for-Sex-Acts-in-Car-on-Ocean-Drive-492411721.html

Two priests were arrested after allegedly performing sexual acts on each other in broad daylight on Ocean Drive in Miami Beach, police said.

According to police, they received a call of lewd and lascivious behavior on Monday at 3:20 p.m. on the 1300 block of Ocean Drive.

When police arrived, they found Edwin Giraldo-Cortez, 30, and Diego Berrio, 39, performing sex acts on each other. An officer asked the passenger to lower his window when he noticed one of the passengers had his penis exposed.

... snip.......... Before any of the more sensitive types on here accuse me of equating gays to pedophiles, I'm not. ...snip ...........

I don´t see a great problem with that.

The Greens here had it one of their goals just up to a few years ago to repeal the law againest sex with children, mostly to protect their gay contingent from proseqution, whereas probably no one was ever jailed anyway.

Do you have a source to substantiate that assertion?

Well, it's sorta-kinda accurate if by "a few years ago" you mean "a few decades ago", and it's debatable if the Greens weren't actually subverted by pedo activists who exploited their naivety surrounding the complex of abolishing the criminalization of homosexuality (and later the general thrust for gay rights/gay emancipation).

I recall a joke from the 80's. "Evil Knieval last stunt was dressing up as a choirboy and running across Newfoundland". Jokes like that tell you that things are happening and no one is doing anything about it. Humour has always been a good canary.