Hms Ark Royal (Ro9)

Are you going to build it? :)

I remember going to Gloucester Market about 1982 or so and buying a Airfix Bristol Freighter that dated from the mid 1960s. I faffed it up (well I WAS pretty young once upon a time) but I wish they would reissue that. It would be quite a nice diorama with some 1-72 scale Jaguar E Types or Aston Martins. The point is, its surprising what turns up sometimes. Most people have lofts like mine I suppose. :D

I won't build it, it is now a piece of a childhood memory that I wish that I had.

I dont blame you, they are collectors items now anyway.

Always liked the Beaufigther. I think revell did a 1-32 scale version I never completed. But heavens, what a kit!

After 50 years the transfers (no one in civilisation called them decals) would have had it anyway.

I can remember the Bristol Freighter kit on the shelf in my local newsagency in 1969, a time when there were shops all over the place that sold plastic kits.

Yeah, maybe I ought to email them to rerelease it.

Ive actually got their Concorde model sitting on a shelf. 1-72 scale, far too big and ive yet to complete it 10 years on. But by heavens, what a kit!

I have Meatbox's 1/72 Flower Class Corvette half built, not touched in 12 years - now THAT'S a kit

During the last '60's a good friend built Revell's HMS Ark Royal which came with a Tribal class DD. I then saved up lawn-cutting money and bought an Iowa class BB. Thus started my interest in the Navy, to ophthalmic tech, to civilian ophthalmic angiographer and now a landlord. All started by a model kit.

During the last '60's a good friend built Revell's HMS Ark Royal which came with a Tribal class DD. I then saved up lawn-cutting money and bought an Iowa class BB. Thus started my interest in the Navy, to ophthalmic tech, to civilian ophthalmic angiographer and now a landlord. All started by a model kit.

That Ark Royal was re-released last year and is still available

https://metrohobbies.com.au/revell-1-720-hms-ark-royal-tribal-class-destroyer.html

Is this the same moulds as the old airfix Ark Royal?

No, different scale at least: Airfix 1:600 Revell 1/720

130309-10189-pristine.jpg

00292B6D-1200-1200.jpg

• 1 month later...