Strange Text

MiloMorai

Odd characters started appearing embedded in my posts a few weeks ago as &-escaped html codes, but only when I'm replying to another post. I just delete them.

It also fails to recognize my formatting. All of my lines come up mashed together until I hit "Edit" and re-save it (without editing anything).

Out of curiosity, which browser are you using? And do you have Javascript enabled?

I'm using a weird'ish browser (PaleMoon) and use TankNet with Javascript disabled. Dunno which, if either, are relevant to these problems. I'm going to be upgrading to a newer version of PM soon, and hoping these quirky problems will go away then.

Edited by TTK Ciar

Most times a line of text is squished. Put in the spaces after a few words and doesn't happen again in that post. This has been happening for a while now but the strange text/characters just a couple of days ago.

​

​

​

​ Wanted to start a new line of text but get the ​ when hitting 'Enter'. Explorer used since Microcrap high jacked my 'puter during an update.

• 7 months later...

​ ​ ​

​

​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

​

​ ​

​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

​

• 1 month later...

Well, someone seems to be tinkering with the editor.

For a while now (months? a couple years, maybe? not sure), when I clicked "Post" on a new post, the new post appeared with newlines stripped out. Clicking on "Edit" would show the post with newlines intact, and clicking "Save" without editing it would re-post with formatting intact.

Yesterday when I posted, it appeared with formatting intact immediately, no need to click "Edit". I was hopeful this meant the problem had been solved.

Posting just now in the 140mm guns thread, my new post was stripped of newlines again, but clicking "Edit" didn't restore the formatting.

These ongoing behavioral changes make me hopeful that someone on the IP Board dev team is working on these (and other?) problems.

• 4 weeks later...

Optimism isn't necessarily a survival trait. I suspect emergent behaviour due to significant increases in end-to-end system complexity.

Skynet is begat by tanknet...

Oh noes...

"Hasta la vista sport"

"I need your clothes, your boots, and your wareplates"

"U're a good guy, sport. Come with me if you want to live, and stay off those conre durgs"