tanknet.org

Nerve Agent Attack In Britain.

You are comparing how your government works with ours. For the PM to stand up in the Palace of Westminster and knowingly tell a porky pie would be the end of her political career...

So Blair's career ended in 1999? Didn't notice.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet more terrain in Salisbury fenced off. Now its Sainsbury's car park, which points to a fairly significant contamination problem, if people have been tracking this shit in through the supermarket.

https://www.spirefm.co.uk/news/local-news/2526147/another-city-centre-location-cordoned-off/

A small village outside Salisbury had a house cordoned off and a car recovered. Speculation on my part, but possibly belonging the Bobby that was poisoned.

https://www.spirefm.co.uk/news/local-news/2526001/emergency-services-in-hazmat-suits-in-winterslow/

I guess to bear in mind, the crime scene here is potentially huge. It might be appropriate to compare it to the Lockerbie inquiry by the time its concluded.

We may need to deliver a bucket of sunshine to cleanse the area. It could well be an improvement. :D Although that would be an end to the great duck race.

You are comparing how your government works with ours. For the PM to stand up in the Palace of Westminster and knowingly tell a porky pie would be the end of her political career...

So Blair's career ended in 1999? Didn't notice.

Did he knowingly lie and was he call on it in Westminster at the time.

Yet more terrain in Salisbury fenced off. Now its Sainsbury's car park, which points to a fairly significant contamination problem, if people have been tracking this shit in through the supermarket.

https://www.spirefm.co.uk/news/local-news/2526147/another-city-centre-location-cordoned-off/

A small village outside Salisbury had a house cordoned off and a car recovered. Speculation on my part, but possibly belonging the Bobby that was poisoned.

https://www.spirefm.co.uk/news/local-news/2526001/emergency-services-in-hazmat-suits-in-winterslow/

I guess to bear in mind, the crime scene here is potentially huge. It might be appropriate to compare it to the Lockerbie inquiry by the time its concluded.

We may need to deliver a bucket of sunshine to cleanse the area. It could well be an improvement. :D Although that would be an end to the great duck race.

I like Salisbury, but when Luke Harding calls it Salisbury's ugliest area, he surely has a point. :D I strongly suspect redevelopment will be in order in the next few years.

Ive not been for a fair while myself. I used to go to Salisbury a lot about 10-15 years ago. They had what was possibly the most awesome second hand book shop in existence. They had all the books from all the defence establishments in the area when they used to clear their libaries. Ive a fair few books with stamp from Aldermaston or Farnborough on them. I nearly bought one from the Portland Underwater weapons establishment demonstrating explosive charges underwater and the plume effects. But if im honest, it was a bit of a niche item and about the size of a telephone directory.

The White House comes out with its first response. Its not encouraging.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/377982-white-house-stands-by-uk-after-may-says-russia-was-likely-behind

The White House on Monday condemned the poisoning of an ex-Russian spy in the U.K. earlier this month but declined to say whether Moscow was responsible.

“The use of a highly lethal nerve agent on U.K. soil is an outrage. The attack was reckless, indiscriminate and irresponsible,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said.

Hours earlier, British Prime Minster Theresa May said it’s “highly likely” Russia was responsible for the poisoning of ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter.

The White House did not go that far on Monday. Instead, Sanders said the administration is condemning the attack and “standing with our ally.”

“Right now we are standing with our U.K. ally. I think they’re still working through even some of the details of that,” Sanders said. “And we’re going to continue to work with the U.K., and we certainly stand with them throughout this process.”

May gave Russia until the end of Tuesday to respond to her allegations. If they do not respond, she said, the U.K. “will conclude that this action amounts to an unlawful use of force by the Russian state against the United Kingdom.”

May said she came to the conclusion based on an investigation of the chemical agent used in the attack in Salisbury and the knowledge that Russia has produced this agent before.

Russia reportedly dismissed the British claims a “circus show," a “provocation” and “nonsense,” even suggesting the attack on the Skripals may have been a false flag.

The Trump administration has faced criticism for its muted criticisms of Russia and Russian President Vladimir Putin after the U.S. intelligence community determined Russia sought to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

The administration has not implemented sanctions against Russia that overwhelmingly passed both chambers of Congress last year.

You are comparing how your government works with ours. For the PM to stand up in the Palace of Westminster and knowingly tell a porky pie would be the end of her political career. If she did, it would eventually get out, it always does. If she said PD said it came from Russian labs her first question would be "are you sure". So we can accept that as "fact" not a claim or a possibility but "fact".

Fine, we came to "our system is better than your system", probably next step will be "right side of history vs. wrong side of history". As for me, your system is far worse than our one. By the way note that for some reason your PM is using terms like 'highly likely' - so i think right answer from our Ambassador would be 'highly likely you are wrong'

Stuart A former Russian spy and his daughter were poisoned by a military-grade nerve agent of a type developed by Russia, Theresa May has told MPs.

I’m skippy with that, but one problem is causing me doubt. If Putin did it, then why aren’t they dead? If they got a dose of the Russian stuff, they’re dead. You know it. I know it. But they’re not dead. Why? Because they didn't get attacked with high quality nerve agent.

You are comparing how your government works with ours. For the PM to stand up in the Palace of Westminster and knowingly tell a porky pie would be the end of her political career. If she did, it would eventually get out, it always does. If she said PD said it came from Russian labs her first question would be "are you sure". So we can accept that as "fact" not a claim or a possibility but "fact".

Fine, we came to "our system is better than your system", probably next step will be "right side of history vs. wrong side of history". As for me, your system is far worse than our one. By the way note that for some reason your PM is using terms like 'highly likely' - so i think right answer from our Ambassador would be 'highly likely you are wrong'

I see you are doing the misquoting trick.

The PM said it was "highly likely" Russia was responsible for the Salisbury attack.

But the NA used was traced to that produced in Russia.

The chemical used in the attack, the PM said, has been identified as one of a group of nerve agents known as Novichok.

She very kindly gave Poisoning Vlad a get out of jail card,

Mrs May said: "Either this was a direct action by the Russian state against our country, or the Russian government lost control of its potentially catastrophically damaging nerve agent and allowed it to get into the hands of others."

Stuart A former Russian spy and his daughter were poisoned by a military-grade nerve agent of a type developed by Russia, Theresa May has told MPs.

I’m skippy with that, but one problem is causing me doubt. If Putin did it, then why aren’t they dead? If they got a dose of the Russian stuff, they’re dead. You know it. I know it. But they’re not dead. Why? Because they didn't get attacked with high quality nerve agent.

From wiki, the last bit may answer your question.

Some of these agents are binary weapons, in which precursors for the nerve agents are mixed in a munition to produce the agent just prior to its use. Because the precursors are generally significantly less hazardous than the agents themselves, this technique makes handling and transporting the munitions a great deal simpler. Additionally, precursors to the agents are usually much easier to stabilize than the agents themselves, so this technique also made it possible to increase the shelf life of the agents. However this has the disadvantage that careless preparation or preparation by untrained individuals may produce a non-optimal agent. During the 1980s and 1990s, binary versions of several Soviet agents were developed and are designated as "Novichok" agents.

It is not hard to imagine that wandering around an airport with a ready to use NA may, even by Russian standard seem a little careless. A binary would seem to be the way to go.

But the NA used was traced to that produced in Russia.

How many samples of "NA produced in Russia" British Gov have to compare samples with? What other NA were compared?

She very kindly gave Poisoning Vlad a get out of jail card,

Vlad is short form of Vladislav, or full name among South Slaves. It is good idea to learn basic names of persons before discussing their hidden motives.

Mrs May said: "Either this was a direct action by the Russian state against our country, or the Russian government lost control of its potentially catastrophically damaging nerve agent and allowed it to get into the hands of others."

Others=British Gov, according to claims above?

So, they have now used radiological and chemical weapons to assassinate in the UK, in the public domain. One would think the usual diplomatic tit for tat and sternly worded letters are a bit banal of a response.

So, if, for arguments sake, we accept that the Russians used nerve agent against a civilian target in a civilian area in the UK in peacetime, what are the odds they would refrain from doing so against military targets on battlefields in wartime?

On top of what Briganza said, there is also the delivery method. Targets may have spent less time than anticipated in contact with the poison, for whatever reason (depends on how it was asministered) or did not get the full dose for another reason.

So, if, for arguments sake, we accept that the Russians used nerve agent against a civilian target in a civilian area in the UK in peacetime, what are the odds they would refrain from doing so against military targets on battlefields in wartime?

I was always under the assumption it was SOP. Persistent on targets they don't want/need and nonpersistent on those they plan to use. I was always far more concerned with CW than nuclear as they were more likely to use it than risk escalation that could get out of hand.

Yes, it made it very quick for them to respond. Very thoughtful of the FSB to use a nerve agent they thought nobody could detect right on Porton Downs front doorstep. Thoughtful, or the FSB is plumbing the depths of mensa grade material and moved onto knuckle draggers.

Edited by Stuart Galbraith