Food That You Are Addicted To

Sardaukar

Funny detail.

Here in Bulgaria, I bought something I thought was "beef jerky". Was the most horrible shit ever yet encountered. I tried to offer it to stray dogs....even they refused to touch it... :o

Do you know what it ended up being?

Dumpster, mister....

Dumpster, mister....

I suspect it was a smoked pig skin, used as a dog chew toy or eventually flavor for a soup/vegetable stew.

• 3 weeks later...

Kebapche is a variation of one of the most classic dishes of our time across the world: (drumroll please) The Kebab. Kebapche as they are called in Bulgaria contain minced meat, spices, and herbs rolled into a long sausage-like roll.

kebapche.jpg

Those would be kofte/kofta in our kebab shops. A significant step up in quality over the drunkard's special - the doner kebab.

As forme, I see that Corinthian has stolen my thunder - the answer is, with a few exceptions, "all of it".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yesterday I had to make a trip to the new Indian grocery store by my home, and while there I decided to start working my way through their snack aisle. I started with a bag of Haldiram's Ratlami Mixture. I have no idea what the name means, but I am addicted to it now. To compare it to something American, it is like Indian take on trail mix, but with lots of spice.

iMTbzIa.jpg

Edited by Mr King

We get a bunch of variations on this theme. the most common is "Bombay Mix" which looks almost exactly the same. Manufacturer or distributor of note is Cofresh.

Varying levels of heat, too. I recall one calling itself "Farrari (sic) Mix" that was glowing red and near lethal.