For me:

- cheesecake

- steak

- pico de gallo

- bulgogi with kimchee, marinated bean sprouts etc as appetizers

- musaman curry

- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

and many others.

As for the aforementioned pics, I believe Sardaukar is volunteering to procure examples at the next I&I.

Anyone else notice that the syllables of Sardaukar's handle could be re-pronounced "sour dough, car"?

I want labels for these foods and I want them now. :angry: :closedeyes:

I was going to say I have no idea what most of those are. Certainly curious, though.

For me:

- cheesecake

- steak

- pico de gallo

- bulgogi with kimchee, marinated bean sprouts etc as appetizers

- musaman curry

- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

and many others.

As for the aforementioned pics, I believe Sardaukar is volunteering to procure examples at the next I&I.

Anyone else notice that the syllables of Sardaukar's handle could be re-pronounced "sour dough, car"?

Did someone mention bulgogi.. :D (I affectionately call it "bulldog", for obvious Korean cuisine jibe) :D

As how to pronounce Sardaukar...Wikipedia is your friend (or fiend):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardaukar

The Sardaukar /ˈsɑːrdəkɑːr/[1] are a fictional fanatical army from Frank Herbert's Dune universe

beef-bulgogi.jpg

Edited by Sardaukar

• 4 weeks later...

Hi...

Don't know about being addicted, but I can't go too long without having a large grilled ribeye, medium rare with a baked potato and sauteed portabella mushrooms.

I start to get a bit weird if I don't have a grilled swordfish steak pretty regularly also.

There is also a local bologna here in southcentral Pennsylvania that I eat too much of...Seltzer's Sweet Lebanon Bologna.

A plate of that with a variety of cheeses and some wheat crackers while watching a ballgame on television makes me fairly content.

This pic brings back the only good memories I have from Korea. Right outside of Camp Casey was this tiny little shop (seriously, it was no bigger than my closet) that sold the above. I'd never tried food like this before and only discovered it shortly before leaving the peninsula. Afterwards I begged every buddy of mine I could to go with me outside of post so I could get some. Have tried to find something similar since getting out with no luck. It's weird how the best foods like that can be found in tiny corners of the world so far away from where you'd expect to find them.

Indian food. I could eat it every day, and never feel like I am missing out.

Ever try cowboy food ^_^

If I had to pick a favorite I guess I would say eggs between over easy and over medium so that I can soak up the warm yolk with lightly buttered white toast with crispy bacon. Washed down with strong, black coffee while reading the morning paper. Finish such eloquence with a glass of very cold chocolate milk.

Edited by Rick

Adding some Bulgarian stuff:

These pots are found in every Bulgarian home and often passed down through families over generations or gifted to couples at their weddings. A Gyuvech is a stew that contains beef, mushrooms, peppers and onions. The stew is cooked and then baked after some traditional Kashkaval (Bulgarian yellow cheese) is grated over it. A good Gyuvech will have cooked eggs and a whole lot of Paprika in it.

gyuvech.jpg

Edited by Sardaukar

Kebapche is a variation of one of the most classic dishes of our time across the world: (drumroll please) The Kebab. ‘Kebapche’ as they are called in Bulgaria contain minced meat, spices, and herbs rolled into a long sausage-like roll.

kebapche.jpg

The Meshana Skara is the holy grail of Bulgarian food, especially if you love meat. The mixed grill includes the classic kebapche, and other meats like kyufte (meatballs much like the Indian kofta) and skewers of pork meat and a pork steak.

meshana-skara-768x510.jpg

Funny detail.

Here in Bulgaria, I bought something I thought was "beef jerky". Was the most horrible shit ever yet encountered. I tried to offer it to stray dogs....even they refused to touch it... :o

Funny detail.

Here in Bulgaria, I bought something I thought was "beef jerky". Was the most horrible shit ever yet encountered. I tried to offer it to stray dogs....even they refused to touch it... :o

Do you know what it ended up being?