And Now They Are Coming For The British Army...

chino

Fucking pussies...

We're a soft conscript army in multicultural Singapore and the government is having a tougher and tougher time selling the idea of continued conscription to Singaporean parents.

But even then we don't say shit like: "It's OK to cry or get emotional in the army". Or, "oh, be open about being gay in the army". And our Muslim soldiers do not spread out the carpet to pray while on combat exercise.

(At least that didn't happen during my time I don't know if this will happen in the future.)

The feminist women and men have ruined Europe uncontrolled migration and promoting LGBT and now they are coming for the last bastion of manhood.

No, I'm not anti-gay or anti-Muslim. I'm just anti-shitheads whatever their race, sexual orientation, or religion. If special interest groups groups get to celebrate and promote their difference, then the army is also a special interest group that has its own unique difference and characteristics to celebrate and protect.

Edited by chino

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy Robinson is a founding member of the "English Defence League". Essentially a late 20th century/ early 21st century remake of the National Front or British National Party.

Anyone who can't settle on a single given name should be treated with significant suspicion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)

Somehow I don't think my friend who's in the British Army as an officer is the picture that they want to portray as ideal for the British Army. He's the son of a Rhodesian Expat (former soldier there too as were most men at the time) who grew up in the US and was accepted into Sandhurst. His younger brother is at VMI right now.

Leading up to the Korean War. After WW2, the US Army was pussified: Expecting that no more wars will be fought after "The war to end all wars" exactly the wrong kind of people joined the military as the conscripted veterans were demobilized to go home to their civi lives. Harsh training and treatment were disallowed, resulting in low discipline and NCO and officer corps fearful of their men complaining to civi government officials.

So the US Army, even with air support nearly got rolled off the Korean peninsula by a third world army of unpussified peasants. Only when veteran US Marines were called back into service that the tables were turned.

Remember all those stories of the M4 jamming during the second Gulf War? The same rifle that did not jam during the first Gulf War, or when used by the IDF? Again, it was because pussified support troops - including women - shat their pants under fire and their trigger fingers jammed, not the rifle.

At work I have a terrible time recruiting as well because the Macau I can only hire locals and the talent pool is tiny. But I found that in just hiring one wrong person with a completely different view of how to do the job, the damage can be huge, in affecting the rest of the team.

Tommy Robinson is a founding member of the "English Defence League". Essentially a late 20th century/ early 21st century remake of the National Front or British National Party.

Anyone who can't settle on a single given name should be treated with significant suspicion.

I (didn't know, and) don't care that he is a neo-Nazi. Because my views are the same as his on this matter.

Edited by chino

Remember all those stories of the M4 jamming during the second Gulf War? The same rifle that did not jam during the first Gulf War, or when used by the IDF?

Oh, no, not at all. M16/4 are liked by Israelis for being light (reason Galil was hated), but hated for maintenance procedures (reason Galil was liked). Overall, I am not sure if there was single rifle in the IDF service after Mauser (and people were probably bitching about that one also) that average grunt was satisfied about:

FAL - heavy, jam-o-matic, no auto fire

Galil - heavy, "does not hit people like FAL",

M4/16 - falls apart (after feeding it rifle-grenades - true), easy to lose parts, jam-o-matic

Tavor - "plastic junk", easy to lose parts, hard to clean

It is soldier's way to grumble about things, heavens know I like M84/PKM, but I have grumbled about some aspects of it... :)

Difference between GW1* and GW2* perception is mostly in much more personal acounts of GW2*

*Should be GW2 and GW3, GW1 was Iran-Iraq affair, it was even called that way by a press.

Edited by bojan

He was in that documentary they did on the SAS, and if I recall correctly he came from a broken home and was brought up on a council estate. And talks more common sense than people significantly better educated than he is.

If these ads from the 90's were successful, they would've recruited people who not only wanted to do the job, but understood that it is a job that required thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuvzIgUkHCo

Well the problem is, they did recruit people, and they couldnt hold onto them. Partly because the pay is not exceptional, partly because Politicians being politicians they meddled in the Armed Forces and made it look like a career that was not a good bet. I nearly joined myself in the 1990s, but there was so many defence reviews it was one more reason why I didnt join. Who wants a career that can evaporate in a few years? The problem wasnt the adverts, the problem was the Army due to underfunding and overdeployment wasnt measuring up to the advertising schemes.

A schoolhood friend of mine actually joined a Challenger regiment. He said that they were doing everything BUT serving on tanks. Which hardly is likely to motivate the kind of people we need in the armed forces.

One big advantage of conscription is that you don't need to waste money on silly inclusive advertising campaigns and can instead spend the money making great videos of driving around in armoured vehicles, shooting and blowing shit up.

Then again, you can't please everyone....

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/swedish_allegations_of_anti-gay_bias_in_finnish_defence_forces/5793244

Now that sums up the entire difference between your country and mine. Because we arent allowed to be patriotic like that. it seems to be frowned on to suggest one would be fighting for ones country, rather than as a career.

Strange I know, but we are patriotic with a small p.

This is about as close as we get to patriotism in our adverts.

I guess for small nations with a conscript army like Finland (and Singapore), the TV commercials will have to tick the following boxes:

- recruiting regulars to supplement a conscript force

- chest-thumping to neighboring potential enemy states (oh btw, here's our new fighter jets/arty/rockets/warship/helicopters etc)

- imply to the general populace that there continues to be a external/internal threat to security

- justify the continued existence, expenditure for an armed force, and why parents should keep supporting continued conscription.

ETA England has a very different situation because it doesn't face any existential threat, being an island nation. At the height of its power Nazi Germany could only bomb Britain. So its armed forces is really for expeditionary use in support of American causes.

Edited by chino

I guess for small nations with a conscript army like Finland (and Singapore), the TV commercials will have to tick the following boxes:

- recruiting regulars to supplement a conscript force

- chest-thumping to neighboring potential enemy states (oh btw, here's our new fighter jets/arty/rockets/warship/helicopters etc)

- imply to the general populace that there continues to be a external/internal threat to security

- justify the continued existence, expenditure for an armed force, and why parents should keep supporting continued conscription.

ETA England has a very different situation because it doesn't face any existential threat, being an island nation. At the height of its power Nazi Germany could only bomb Britain. So its armed forces is really for expeditionary use in support of American causes.

Well, believe it or not, we are reorienting against possible Russian aggression, as implausible as that may be.