Only In Texas....

Murph

Business owner gets arrested for trying to keep her business alive and her family and her employees fed. County judge says he'll give her no time if she admits she's selfish and apologizes. She says trying to feed her kids and employees is not selfish. Judge gives her a week in jail. Aren't we letting serious criminals out of jail BECAUSE of corona? Also, the s governor has ordered hair salons to open in a few days anyway (she didn't know it the time). This woman is a patriot.

Andrea Lucia

@CBS11Andrea

Judge Eric Moyé asked Luther if she would make a statement admitting she was wrong and selfish. Listen here...

[video in tweet]

5:26 PM · May 5, 2020

https://twitter.com/CBS11Andrea/status/1257783643772256256

Democrat.

http://www.judgemoye.com/

He is also elected. Probably not next time.

Dallas, like Austin, Houston, and San Antonio, is Democratic Party controlled. Something else the media, that is to say Leftists, have not mentioned. When the police officers showed up at her place, to find her, her employees, and patrons all practicing social distancing and wearing face covering. The LEO were not so equipped with face coverings, and she refused them entrance until they were compliant.

Update is that the Texas AG, Dan Paxton, has called for her immediate release.

ANTIFA is really missing their calling these past few weeks, there is all manner of fascism that needs to be stomped out. Odd thing, they've been strangely silent.

I wouldn't have apologized either, and evidently being unapologetic is the "law" she broke. Her's was a good reply about the necessity of feeding her kids and paying her employees, but I think would have gone a step further. I would have pointed out the utter hypocrisy and elitism from those living on the public dole, and being able to feed their children off of public largess, while simultaneously using the threat of deadly force* to prevent her from running a private business and using funds derived thereof to feed her children.

It will be interesting to see how these cases play out in the courts. She didn't break any laws, just some Mayor's executive order. I've already heard of a case being thrown out because they couldn't find a law to charge the person with. I was impressed with her calm, determined, respectful comments after having to listen to the judge harangue and threaten her. That very same county has released convicted criminals because of the corona virus. This isn't about public health, it's about naked power. The Left wants you to capitulate and to have to admit your capitulation publicly as a message to others. That courtroom proceeding wouldn't seem out of place with a kangaroo court proceeding with the undesirable person confessing their sins against the state.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will be interesting to see how these cases play out in the courts. She didn't break any laws, just some Mayor's executive order. I've already heard of a case being thrown out because they couldn't find a law to charge the person with. I was impressed with her calm, determined, respectful comments after having to listen to the judge harangue and threaten her. That very same county has released convicted criminals because of the corona virus. This isn't about public health, it's about naked power. The Left wants you to capitulate and to have to admit your capitulation publicly as a message to others. That courtroom proceeding wouldn't seem out of place with a kangaroo court proceeding with the undesirable person confessing their sins against the state.

I've been giving this some thought. Ultimately it was Donald Trump's assumption of authoritarian WH guidelines which led to this. It was from those guidelines that governors, county executive judges, and mayors derived their "authority" to punish people for trying to survive. This is what you get when you eschew the law making process and go with rule of man. Now I'm not saying the judge was right, and she certainly didn't break any laws that are on the books, but when a society gives over rule of law to individual men, they should not be surprised by any outcomes.

I've been giving this some thought. Ultimately it was Donald Trump's assumption of authoritarian WH guidelines which led to this. It was from those guidelines that governors, county executive judges, and mayors derived their "authority" to punish people for trying to survive. This is what you get when you eschew the law making process and go with rule of man. Now I'm not saying the judge was right, and she certainly didn't break any laws that are on the books, but when a society gives over rule of law to individual men, they should not be surprised by any outcomes.

The trick comes when you try to enforce such rules. I don't think the federal government put anyone in jail for "anti-State activities" up to this point. Barr has also said that the DOJ will fight any state and local enforcement of unconstitutional orders. This is a state and local issue with local petty tyrants and their enablers, not a Trump problem.

Business owner gets arrested for trying to keep her business alive and her family and her employees fed. County judge says he'll give her no time if she admits she's selfish and apologizes. She says trying to feed her kids and employees is not selfish. Judge gives her a week in jail. Aren't we letting serious criminals out of jail BECAUSE of corona? Also, the s governor has ordered hair salons to open in a few days anyway (she didn't know it the time). This woman is a patriot.

Andrea Lucia

@CBS11Andrea

Judge Eric Moyé asked Luther if she would make a statement admitting she was wrong and selfish. Listen here...

[video in tweet]

5:26 PM · May 5, 2020

https://twitter.com/CBS11Andrea/status/1257783643772256256

Democrat.

http://www.judgemoye.com/

He is also elected. Probably not next time.

Dallas, like Austin, Houston, and San Antonio, is Democratic Party controlled. Something else the media, that is to say Leftists, have not mentioned. When the police officers showed up at her place, to find her, her employees, and patrons all practicing social distancing and wearing face covering. The LEO were not so equipped with face coverings, and she refused them entrance until they were compliant.

Update is that the Texas AG, Dan Paxton, has called for her immediate release.

ANTIFA is really missing their calling these past few weeks, there is all manner of fascism that needs to be stomped out. Odd thing, they've been strangely silent.

I wouldn't have apologized either, and evidently being unapologetic is the "law" she broke. Her's was a good reply about the necessity of feeding her kids and paying her employees, but I think would have gone a step further. I would have pointed out the utter hypocrisy and elitism from those living on the public dole, and being able to feed their children off of public largess, while simultaneously using the threat of deadly force* to prevent her from running a private business and using funds derived thereof to feed her children.

Wasn't she separated from her kids? The worse thing that law enforcement can do is separate parents from their kids. Well, if they are illegals. I guess she wasn't an illegal.

Yeah.. Family separation. That only works with illegals.

People in her district should hear that pompous ass of a judge demand that she apologizes to him.

It's Dallas. Likely as not the constituents probably are quite righteous that she got smacked in the face by her white privilege.

Edited by DKTanker

Yeah.. Family separation. That only works with illegals.

People in her district should hear that pompous ass of a judge demand that she apologizes to him.

It's Dallas. Likely as not the constituents probably are quite righteous that she got smacked in the face by her white privilege.

True, Dallas is that way.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yep, and it sucks. The bozos who installed my A/C drain lines did it in such a manner that they clog constantly, and fill the overflow pan, which then shuts down the A/C. The temperatures and humidity being horrible at this point, it has been expensively miserable. The guy came out yesterday and re-ran the drain lines, hopefully this will work now.

• 3 months later...

December 10, 2020 - 04:05 PM EST

Texas lawmaker to file bill calling for vote on secession from US

BY MARINA PITOFSKY

A Texas state lawmaker has vowed to introduce legislation allowing a referendum for voters to cast their ballots on whether to secede from the United States. 

"The federal government is out of control and does not represent the values of Texans. That is why I am committing to file legislation this session that will allow a referendum to give Texans a vote for the State of Texas to reassert its status as an independent nation," Texas state Rep. Kyle Biedermann (R) shared on Facebook on Tuesday.

Biedermann said the legislation aligns with the Texas Constitution, which reads "The faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican form of government, and, subject to this limitation only, they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient." 

Biedermann also included the hashtag #Texit. He did not immediately share any additional information on the legislation or when he plans to introduce the potential referendum.  

The Republican state lawmaker represents Texas's House District 73, which includes Fredericksburg. Biedermann earlier this year resigned from the Texas Freedom Caucus, the Texan reported.

Biedermann's legislation would not mark the first time Lone Star State lawmakers have eyed succession, according to The Dallas Morning News. However, the state cannot legally secede from the country, according to multiple reports.

[...]

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/529713-texas-lawmaker-to-file-bill-calling-for-vote-on-secession-from

Fortunately, this time the matter would be probably decided by the Supreme Court rather than the US Army.  They would havve to overturn an 1866 decision in a case involing Texas that secession was not legal.  I'd bet on precedent winning.

6 hours ago, MiloMorai said:

China, Russia, Iran and a few other countries would love that.

If the rest of the Pacific region wasn't dependent on the US for its security, then it wouldn't be much of a problem. Texas could leave the leftists union without caring about the Asia-Pacific. But really, that decision would be made with Asia-Pacific region interests placed far down the totem pole anyway. So after fattening up CCP China with WTO admission now the US will fall apart and hand the rest of the region to CCP China. But the echo chamber about Japan losing its ability to take the lead of security matters in its region by means of a leftists administration will continue to ring gallantly in the chapel of the western betters!

1 hour ago, R011 said:

Fortunately, this time the matter would be probably decided by the Supreme Court rather than the US Army.  They would havve to overturn an 1866 decision in a case involing Texas that secession was not legal.  I'd bet on precedent winning.

Latest word for the mid term is 8 more Type 55 destroyers for a total of 16 of those. 20 more Type 54A frigates to make a total of 50 of those. A total of 8 Type 75 LHDs. 

But no problem! One properly history recognizing German frigate will visit the Indian Ocean!

• 1 month later...

Date 04.02.2021

Author Dharvi Vaid

Texas officials apologize for 'Chucky' missing child alerts published by mistake

The Texas Department of Public safety accidentally sent out Amber Alerts naming Chucky, the doll from the American movie franchise Child's Play, as a suspected kidnapper. The abductee was his fictional son, Glen.

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) have issued an apology after sending out a missing child alert with American horror movie character Chucky as a suspect.

An Amber Alert — a direct emergency message system that warns of missing children and is designed to reach local residents quickly in case they have information — was sent by email last Friday listing Glen, Chucky's son in the Child's Play movie series, as the abductee. 

The alerts were sent out as part of a test that malfunctioned and were never meant for public consumption, the department said.

"We apologize for the confusion this may have caused and are diligently working to ensure this does not happen again," they said in a statement to local news outlets.

Local media reported that the alert was disseminated three times in total.

Chucky was identified as a 28-year-old male with red hair standing 3 feet and 1 inch (a little less than a meter) tall. His race was listed as "Other: Doll."

The "16-pound" (roughly 7 kilo) suspect was further described as wearing "blue denim overalls with multi-colored striped long sleeve shirt" and "wielding a huge kitchen knife."

The Child's Play movie franchise, first released in 1988, centers around the soul of a deceased serial killer possessing a doll.

https://www.dw.com/en/texas-officials-apologize-for-chucky-missing-child-alerts-published-by-mistake/a-56447717

• 2 weeks later...

Officials: 2 dead in Texas as subfreezing cold sweeps US

By PAUL J. WEBER and JAKE BLEIBERG today

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A sprawling blast of winter weather across the U.S. is likely to blame for the deaths of two people in Texas, where an unusually snowy emergency Monday knocked out power for more than four million people, shut down grocery stores and air travel and closed schools ahead of frigid days still to come.

As nightfall threatened to plummet temperatures again into single digits, officials warned that homes still without power would likely not have heat until at least Tuesday, as frustration mounted and the state’s electric grid came under growing demand and criticism.

“Things will likely get worse before they get better,” said Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo, the top elected official in the county of nearly 5 million people around Houston.

Law enforcement reported two men were found dead along Houston-area roadways. Causes of death were pending, but officials said the subfreezing temperatures were likely to blame.

The toll of the worsening conditions included the delivery of new COVID-19 vaccine shipments, which were expected to be delayed until at least midweek. Massive power outages across Houston included a facility storing 8,000 doses of Moderna vaccine, leaving health officials scrambling to find takers at the same time authorities were pleading for people to stay home.

Temperatures nosedived into the single-digits as far south as San Antonio, and homes that had already been without electricity for hours had no certainty about when the lights and heat would come back on, as the state’s overwhelmed power grid began imposing blackouts that are typically only seen in 100-degree Fahrenheit (38-degree Celsius) summers.

[...]

https://apnews.com/article/us-news-houston-dallas-storms-power-outages-b02d3b73e24166653577a072c9973a2f