Corsair K70 Rgb Keyboard Not Working Right

Murph

The new corsair K70 RGB keyboard i have is not working correctly. I install the software and it works great for a day with the color I want (not red), and after I restart the computer the next day, the corsair CUE software cannot find the keyboard at all. And it defaults back to the really horrible red color. I have uninstalled, re-installed, updated, flashed firmware, etc, and nothing. My old IBM type M no longer works on the computer much to my dismay. I want this thing to just work like it is supposed to do. Apparently that is an issue with this keyboard over at the Corsair forums. Since this forum is the iChing of all things I thought I would post here as well.

My old IBM type M no longer works on the computer much to my dismay.

Why does it not work? :huh: there are adapters from DIN/Mini-DIN connectors (aka AT or PS/2 plugs respectively) to USB.

Or buy a new manufacture IBM Model M with USB plug:

from Unicomp:

http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/category/UltraClassic

or a similar quality from Cherry:

http://www.cherry.de/cid/keyboards.htm?rdeLocationAttr=0&rdeLocaleAttr=en&switch=true

Or go down the rabbit hole and watch keyboard enthusiast video on youtube and trawl hobbyist blogs. Fascinating what some small niche producers from China or whereever put out nowadays. I would have staid away from a gimmicky Corsair keyboard in the first place, because of my bad experiences I have had back in the day when Logitech started selling those keyboards with additional buttons for media players, internet exploder and what not. Of course did not work satisfyingly and I suspected made my Win98SE computer crash. The buttons did not work under Linux, BeOS nor BSD of course. So plus ca change, eh? <_<

I've got a Logitech G710+ keyboard both at home and at work. Mechanical keys but not he most hysterical clicking noise. I think it's great and it's not the most expensive one either.

If you're looking for a new one that is, which is unlikely since you just bought yours. Sound weird that it can't be found after reboot, does it matter which USB port you're using?

/R

I've had nothing but problems with corsair products including several keyboards and mice. They used to be the best but I think when they branched outside of memory the quality has gone down. I even had a set of high end dominator memory with a wrong xmp profile programmed in it. I second the Logitech G710. I have had one for several years after my last K95 corsair keyboard crapped out. Usually can pick one up for cheap around black Friday. I've purchased a ton of corsair products over the years from every product category they make and I would say my RMA percentage is at 50-60%. The only thing I have not had to RMA was some SSD's.

The one good thing about corsair is they tend to have a good warranty. Just don't let them tell you that you have to pay shipping costs to send a defective product back to them. I purchased a power supply RMA series for the kids computer and I couldn't figure out why the computer kept shutting down. Turns out corsair had built the power supplies with a defect (claimed it only affected a small number). When I found out my serial number was effected they wanted me to pay shipping cost to send back a huge heavy power supply which is a joke. After some minor complaints and pointing out the unit was defective to begin with I wasn't sure why I should have to pay shipping in this case. Ask for an advanced return where they put a hold on your credit card and ship you a new unit with a prepaid shipping label for the old unit to go back.

I put a ps/2 to usb adapter on the keyboard, and now it no longer works on the computer :( I really miss the Model M. It is one of the greatest keyboards ever made hands down. I'll look into the new build ones.

My old IBM type M no longer works on the computer much to my dismay.

Why does it not work? :huh: there are adapters from DIN/Mini-DIN connectors (aka AT or PS/2 plugs respectively) to USB.

Or buy a new manufacture IBM Model M with USB plug:

from Unicomp:

http://www.pckeyboard.com/page/category/UltraClassic

or a similar quality from Cherry:

http://www.cherry.de/cid/keyboards.htm?rdeLocationAttr=0&rdeLocaleAttr=en&switch=true

Or go down the rabbit hole and watch keyboard enthusiast video on youtube and trawl hobbyist blogs. Fascinating what some small niche producers from China or whereever put out nowadays. I would have staid away from a gimmicky Corsair keyboard in the first place, because of my bad experiences I have had back in the day when Logitech started selling those keyboards with additional buttons for media players, internet exploder and what not. Of course did not work satisfyingly and I suspected made my Win98SE computer crash. The buttons did not work under Linux, BeOS nor BSD of course. So plus ca change, eh? <_<

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...