tanknet.org

Judging from this video, it was not "spectators" but some kind of field command position with KAMAZ-mounted radio station (+another radio vehicle visible) . Niva hit is with military number plates.

can well be that they were spectators or rather judges for the exercise and not taking part directly.

I cant remember from my time playing Black Shark what the x means. That usually means the weapon is too close to fire, which considering it flashes right after the rockets fire would seem plausible.

Inscription below aiming mark reads “Switch on main (weapons switch)”, indicating firing circuit not activated. But the moment it was switched on – missiles launched.

That is some serious malfunction that the rocket is launched wwhen the safety is switched off. Worn insulation on the wiring?

The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/19/russian-helicopter-accidentally-fires-rocket-onlookers-zapad-war-games

Edited by Panzermann

Blast radius looks low for what I guess are 80mm rockets. Practice presumably.

In the freeze frame showing the initial explosion it looked about what I would have expected from an 80mm or perhaps larger calibre rocket.

But would you expect to walk away THAT close to an 80mm rocket?

Would you expect to be killed by being hit in the side of the head by a .22LR bullet accidentally fired from a boat many hundreds of metres away whilst you were driving a sports car down a coast road in California? Strange things happen. :)

In the incident they were lucky cause rockets hit soft earth and partially buried before exploding. Also vehicles got most of frag.

the imaginary enemy the russian-belorussian coalition is fighting , is ´´veishnoriya´´ , which seems to be based on belorussian western part, which seems to be at odds with lukashenka.

anyway, pretty soon the belorussian internet community picked up the ´´veishnoriya´´ flag and now there seem to be some web groups that claim to be the ´´la resistance´´ :)

anyway, currently the ´´veishnoriyan partisans/guerillas´´ claim that

- veishnoriya has replaced successfully all russian and belorussian products with local stuff

- russia has already lost 2 aircraft (tu-22 and one more), 2 trucks with ammo loads, a BTR etc. and now the head of VDV

- veishnoriyan militaryand civilian casualties - nil

all in all, i must say they are doing better than georgians almost decade ago. again - a Tu-22 down, russian general too.... :)

the imaginary enemy the russian-belorussian coalition is fighting , is ´´veishnoriya´´ , which seems to be based on belorussian western part, which seems to be at odds with lukashenka.

anyway, pretty soon the belorussian internet community picked up the ´´veishnoriya´´ flag and now there seem to be some web groups that claim to be the ´´la resistance´´ :)

anyway, currently the ´´veishnoriyan partisans/guerillas´´ claim that

- veishnoriya has replaced successfully all russian and belorussian products with local stuff

- russia has already lost 2 aircraft (tu-22 and one more), 2 trucks with ammo loads, a BTR etc. and now the head of VDV

- veishnoriyan militaryand civilian casualties - nil

all in all, i must say they are doing better than georgians almost decade ago. again - a Tu-22 down, russian general too.... :)

I'm really wondering why there's no such greetings of accidents with loss of human lives on "wrong side of the history"? Why no cheerings about US lieuthenant colonel? Why no happy screams about that italian Typhoon? Oh, maybe that's because of "warmongering" Zapad, which is definitely more evil that truly peaceful Aurora-17, which just accidentally has more personnel involved...

PS: I like this smile on the end most.

Might have something to do with whole of Intermarum having been places d'armes posing as countries for too long. Sure leaves traces, or so it seems.

Edited by Blunt Eversmoke

I'm really wondering why there's no such greetings of accidents with loss of human lives on "wrong side of the history"? Why no cheerings about US lieuthenant colonel? Why no happy screams about that italian Typhoon? Oh, maybe that's because of "warmongering" Zapad, which is definitely more evil that truly peaceful Aurora-17, which just accidentally has more personnel involved...

To be frank, cases of giggling among Russian internet users when something is happening with US\NATO warplanes\ships etc are not so rare. People are the same everywhere, sharing the same weaknesses.

To be frank, cases of giggling among Russian internet users when something is happening with US\NATO warplanes\ships etc are not so rare. People are the same everywhere, sharing the same weaknesses.

Whenever I see a photo of a crashed plane or vehicle here, my first thought is, "I how the crew/pilot/driver got out unharmed". It doesn't matter what national insignia the vehicle is wearing (unless it's IS of course).

since everybody made out alive out of that tu-22 and VDV VIP van, i supressed my natural politeness and tried to force a joke . just as i smiled at the sheer ridiculousness of the case estonian recon jeep that parked with it´s antennas under high-voltage power line and caught fire (again , nobody harmed)

however, i must admit that the thought of one less tu-22 does not make me any sadder. and crazy dashcam videos is just so russian.

on all things concerned russia - yes i am bitter, even hostile , and with memory that elephants would envy. all basic survival traits in countries neighbouring russia

Video of Tu-22M3 crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8HRg4OnJvg

Reason is believed to be (rain?) water getting into air speed channel - there were two such cases before, but planes managed to stop takeoff as they were not fully fueled. This time plane was too heavy with fuel and roll out of runway.

I was on exercise here in Alberta when a CF-5 opened up onto a OP that was to direct them onto target, my buddy was walking back to the OP after a dump when the place got hit by 20mm cannon shells, lucky no one was hurt, the wingman saw people scurry and held fire which likely is the reason no one got hit.

I was working with an Ex Para who fought in Oman in the 1960s IIRC. Anyway, they called in an airstrike from a Hawker Hunter, and worked a target with its cannons. Unfortunately one of the brass shell casings fell on one of the para's head, which kind of shows how close the target they were working was. He stood up and seemed to be alright, till he took his beret off and the back of his head fell open. So it goes.

Video of Tu-22M3 crash

Reason is believed to be (rain?) water getting into air speed channel - there were two such cases before, but planes managed to stop takeoff as they were not fully fueled. This time plane was too heavy with fuel and roll out of runway.

I am assuming the pilots survived? hope so, what is Russian for "fuck,fuck, fuck, oh shit!!!!!"?

Video of Tu-22M3 crash

I am assuming the pilots survived? hope so, what is Russian for "fuck,fuck, fuck, oh shit!!!!!"?
"Ох ты ж ёб твою ж ты ж нахуй!". And yeap, both survived and even not really harmed.